The Day:

Saturday March 29th 2008
at 10 pm. (the time is tentative)

The Place
Tek Republik
5310 Burnet Road #106
Austin, TX USA 78756
512-459-2244

The credits will be hosted by me and my friend Tony. There will be prizes for the top three places.
We will be always grateful to Talks2wall for lending us TSS, it's getting played like hell since it got here.:drool:

First Place Prize- School Rumble Box Set of 6 DVDs.
Second- School Rumble box set w/ 1st DVD.
Third- a Cake:drool_2:

Last edited:

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Will this be the Neo-Geo "arcade perfect" version, or the "flawed" Dreamcast version with no slowdown? ;)

Things like this make me wish my move to Texas would come sooner rather than later, though they are not the primary reason. :p

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
vishema said:
Worry not, it's on an MVS cab.:mr_t:

I was kidding, if I remember correctly the Dreamcast version offers an "arcade perfect" play option, for those that cannot handle the game without slowdown. ;) Good luck with the tournament, hope there is a decent turn-out.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Dude... I need more of a heads up....

I'd love to put my tittle on the line.....:smirk:
012608-teh-MN-Gathering-W08-003sm.jpg

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Argh, I was going to Austin this Thursday, but cancelled b/c my wife is due anytime now. I can't leave town until the baby comes, otherwise I would make the drive for the tournament too :mad:

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
Wow, already a TSS tournament in Austin?! :) Glad to hear that my TSS is getting some action already. Come on djdelly, it's just a hop skip and a jump from MN to TX. :D

Hey vishema, you could put a link to this in the Texas rollcall thread. Maybe get some semi-locals...

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Wedding in June, a potential move to FL prior to june, and currently being unemployed is what is preventing me from going.... :emb:

With that being said...

MN > all in TSS

Last edited:

Desopolis

n00b
Im ok at Twinkle, but I know a few people (mainly the GF) who would be up for some bust a move action... She does have the record..

oh wait... ITS STORED ON THAT MACHINE!!!!

might be there if I can get out of work early enough..

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Desopolis said:
Im ok at Twinkle, but I know a few people (mainly the GF) who would be up for some bust a move action... She does have the record..

oh wait... ITS STORED ON THAT MACHINE!!!!

might be there if I can get out of work early enough..

What's the High score?

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
That trophy is too fucking cool. Stories to tell your grandkids...

I wish I was closer to Texas :(

Desopolis

n00b
djdelly said:
What's the High score?

15,054,990 set to level 6.

We have it on video to send to Twin galaxies but its over a gig because its uncompressed, so when I get premire or something ill send it in..

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
BTW

Memory and Mevious are Teh Banned!:shame:

I'm also working on getting the prizes.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
There should be a MN-TX battle. Do a good neutral spot halfway, like Kansas City. The guys from Texas can wear cowboy hats and sombreros, and the Minnesotans can wear Viking helmets and beaver pelts.

talks2wall

Host for Orochi
I don't suppose there's any TSS footage from the MN gatherings. I hope some folks show up for this Austin event because I'd like to see how I stack up compared to the guys I used to play.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
talks2wall said:
I don't suppose there's any TSS footage from the MN gatherings. I hope some folks show up for this Austin event because I'd like to see how I stack up compared to the guys I used to play.

From the tourney, sadly there is none..... the only Twinkle footage we have from the gathering is of my 1cc attempt.
Kiel, the Third place finisher, will be over Tuesday or Wednesday for some neo action. I can record some matches if you would like.

Bobak said:
There should be a MN-TX battle. Do a good neutral spot halfway, like Kansas City. The guys from Texas can wear cowboy hats and sombreros, and the Minnesotans can wear Viking helmets and beaver pelts.

Not Kc... there is nothing in Kc... I would say somewhere in OK, that way we can meet up with Mag's, Wes, and Weevus!!!!:buttrock:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
djdelly said:
Not Kc... there is nothing in Kc... I would say somewhere in OK, that way we can meet up with Mag's, Wes, and Weevus!!!!:buttrock:

OMG that would rock!

TX, MN and OK all in one room??!! HELL YEAH!

I think this needs to happen now :buttrock:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
How bout this....

providing I end up staying in MN, which I'm thinking is going to happen, Lets plan a True Midwest Neo gathering somewhere in the Oklahoma city, Tulsa or even KC.... even though I don't like KC... somewhere that is pretty close to halfway between MN and TX.

will have a:

TSS
MOTW
SS2
LB2
KOF98
MD3
and any other neo comp anyone is up for make a whole weekend of it.... If we want to dabble into some none neo things like ST (wes), 3s, GG and some other games, I'm sure I can get a few more MN peeps from SRK to show up and throw down as well. I just need a few people to put out the effort to help plan it.

anyone with me? oh and sorry about high jackin the thread :emb:

EDIT: it appears that the booming metropolis of Wichita KS is just about half way from Houston and Minneapolis... hot :rolleyes:

Last edited:

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
djdelly said:
EDIT: it appears that the booming metropolis of Wichita KS is just about half way from Houston and Minneapolis... hot :rolleyes:

My sister lives in Lawrence, so at least I'd have a place to stay :)

I don't know what the realistic chances are of this happening though? I'd love to play SF with Wes.

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
!

This idea sounds wonderful! :mr_t: We need to give people an early heads up. Does May sounds good to anyone?

First Place Prize- School Rumble Box Set of 6 DVDs. :smirk:
Second- School Rumble box set w/ 1st DVD. :)
Third- a Cake:drool_2: