eastbayarb -caution- ebay seller and forum member

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
A full refund was issued quickly when I complained, so I can't say anything negative about him, however, do the detective work yourselves, here are all the links. Reach your own conclusions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140209747733&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

from auction:
I don't have a Neo Geo MVS system so I don't know if they work or not. Therefore, they are sold
AS-IS, no refunds or returns. You need an MVS system or AES system + MVS converter to play these.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2467865#post2467865

carts opened up

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179163&highlight=metal+slug

My 4-slot with unibios is worth $150 shipped.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179454

FS: Supergun Supernova + 2 mas sticks (new) + Robocop PCB -$450 shipped

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
This is brand new, opened and used only for testing.
Either its brand new or its used, make up your mind. :rolleyes:

Also, about those carts being "untested", you are both a liar and a scumbag eastbayarb.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Wow, that's really gay. Don't know if they work or not translates to they don't work, but I hope you're a sucker. :oh_no:

Poor form, very poor form. :oh_no:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Yeah, I agree that he was looking for a sucker. I figured if they were legit carts then I could repair them, but that wasn't the case.

This was the kicker though:

eastbayarb said:
the 3 carts I sold u I sold for someone else and I never had them in my possession (he is in the hospital and asked me to sell on ebay) and he
didn't have an mvs system. hence why they were sold untested and as is

However, eastbays return address is on the package. Eastbays paypal account was paid. The refund came from eastray. This "friend" wasn't even brought up until this message was sent

topher said:
next time test your games on that 4 slot w/ unibios and supergun that your selling over @ neo-geo.com. It would have saved lots of headache all around.

Before I sent eastbay this message he was very argumentative that he did not know how to tell if something was a boot or not and that he doesn't open up HIS electronics and carts and dosen't own an MVS. Which one is it dude? Do you not know how to tell if something is a bootleg, was it never in your possession, or do you not have a 4 slot and supergun that you are selling? Did you open the carts you are selling here, or are they "as is and untested" also since "you don't open up carts" and "don't own a MVS" (haha)?

I am well aware of what this fool was doing. This guy was trying to unload some known nonworking boots on an unsuspecting sucker and he knew they didn't work. That's why they got thrown up on ebay instead of his selling thread here on the forums. Anyway, I feel that this whole transaction speaks volumes for this guys character and his willingness knowingly to rip someone off.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
topher said:
Anyway, I feel that this whole transaction speaks volumes for this guys character and his willingness knowingly to rip someone off.

Agreed, and thanks for the heads up. I don't think I'd be as willing to deal with him again after seeing this.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Ive had some issues with this guy in the past as well, timewaster indeed and now it seems a scammer too. Good riddance....

Segafan4life

Banned
Considering those metal slug 3 are all boots and non working

This guy should get the boot!

That and for being a dishonest bitch about it.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
topher said:
Before I sent eastbay this message he was very argumentative that he did not know how to tell if something was a boot or not and that he doesn't open up HIS electronics and carts and dosen't own an MVS. Which one is it dude? Do you not know how to tell if something is a bootleg, was it never in your possession, or do you not have a 4 slot and supergun that you are selling? Did you open the carts you are selling here, or are they "as is and untested" also since "you don't open up carts" and "don't own a MVS" (haha)?

I am well aware of what this fool was doing. This guy was trying to unload some known nonworking boots on an unsuspecting sucker and he knew they didn't work. That's why they got thrown up on ebay instead of his selling thread here on the forums. Anyway, I feel that this whole transaction speaks volumes for this guys character and his willingness knowingly to rip someone off.

Very shady....

Thanks for the infor topher!

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
had a very big problem with him in the past... got screwed out of ~$400. stay far, far away from his stuff (it's also garbage to boot, no pun intended).

Segafan4life

Banned
segasonicfan said:
had a very big problem with him in the past... got screwed out of ~$400. stay far, far away from his stuff (it's also garbage to boot, no pun intended).

What did he screw you on?

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
Segafan4life said:
What did he screw you on?
not sure if it was zach (think it was), but I recall a thread on arcade-controls being made regarding someone having bought a misrepresented neo candy from this eastbayarb fellow.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
yeah, i had seen this auction and asked the seller if they were 100% SNK authentic. told me pretty much what he told you topher, chose not to bid. Sorry to hear he stuck you with boots, but glad you at least got a refund.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
That candy 26 originally came from me. He thought he could fix the convergence on it and then realized he couldnt so he turned around and sold it but Im guessing he never made mention of the issues with it.....what a turd. Ya know I bit my lip for a long time about this, even when I saw he was a member on here; but seems he has made a little reputation for himself so its really his own fault.

Too many clown out here....

Last edited:

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
I had actually contacted the seller when it was listed on CL. he told me about the convergence issue so it was a bit of a surprise to see that thread. anyway, I avoided it because I felt he was asking too much (450 iirc).

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
not sure if it was zach (think it was), but I recall a thread on arcade-controls being made regarding someone having bought a misrepresented neo candy from this eastbayarb fellow.
Today 06:26 AM
I had actually contacted the seller when it was listed on CL. he told me about the convergence issue so it was a bit of a surprise to see that thread. anyway, I avoided it because I felt he was asking too much (450 iirc).
That candy 26 originally came from me. He thought he could fix the convergence on it and then realized he couldnt so he turned around and sold it but Im guessing he never made mention of the issues with it.....what a turd. Ya know I bit my lip for a long time about this, even when I saw he was a member on here; but seems he has made a little reputation for himself so its really his own fault.

Too many clown out here....

yea that was the transaction I was talking about and I don't exactly want to dig up an old dispute, just wanted to say I had a big problem with him myself. The issue actually had nothing to do with convergence- he had swapped out the monitor and chassis and they did not match so I had to spend $100s on a whole new tube and chassis for the cab. What was really sad was he would even refund me the $15 cost of the convergence ring when I thought that was the problem (which I later found was not). Anyway the arcade-controls forum post goes on for pages and pages about the issues so if anyone is that interested about the transaction they can check there. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents to say that this is someone I had a problem with and highly recommend staying away from.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Hmm, I'll be sure to let the folks on Atari Age know about this thread. He's currently selling a $2,000 Neo lot on there...

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
segasonicfan said:

LOL, I can't believe your posting in here after what you pulled. You are the last person who should be worried about people screwing others over. At least 4 people here know exactly what I'm talking about to. What a joke, but it's cool, you're not getting away with it. :eye:

Last edited:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
LOL, I can't believe your posting in here after what you pulled. You are the last person who should be worried about people screwing others over. At least 4 people here know exactly what I'm talking about to. What a joke, but it's cool, you're not getting away with it.

after what i pulled....lol you crack me up. you sent me a peace offering deal and I accepted. end of story. you go back on your word over and over again so that nothing gets resolved and that's not my fault. So why don't you just stop smoking all that thc so hardcore there and get a real perspective on things, k? regardless, this thread is about eastbayarb, go complain about me elsewhere.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
K?

Go enroll in school.

You can twist things wherever you want dude, you broke my cabinet and took your sweet time doing jack about it, still won't stop me from taking you to court.

Just don't see how you can even being to complain about dishonest people considering you've had more than your share sour experiences both here and on shmups.com, to the point where you had me proxy buy something for you, because someone wouldn't deal with you outright.:oh_no:

And the THC is an inside joke, it's a reference to the The History Channel, my favorite television network outside IFC. This might come as a shock to you, since it seems your appreciation of human existence is limited to your respective age.

I just thought it was horribly ironic how your first post, after ducking out for a month, was in reference to another member's apparently shady business practices.:loco:

Last edited:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
well at least youre smart enough not to admit you smoke weed on a public forum. That wouldn't work so well in court, eh?

anyway I don't waste my time bickering with delusional potheads, so I won't be derailing this thread any further.

I had a bad transaction with eastbayarb, so that's my two cents- people can take it for what they like.

Last edited:

eastbayarb

New Challenger
i issued a refund so i should be cleared for any wrong doing. I can produce many good feedback and trader refferences from other forums and ebay.

eastbayarb

New Challenger
Hewitson said:
Either its brand new or its used, make up your mind. :rolleyes:

Also, about those carts being "untested", you are both a liar and a scumbag eastbayarb.

I gave him his money back and let him keep the carts. I don't think I am such a scumbag after all. :conf: