My new 6 slot LAI cab.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
Well i picked up a 6 slot rather cheaply today.....It's an aussie style LAI cab. Being that i live in Australia i guess that helps. Anyways i spent 4+ hours on it after i got it just playing around (translation:cleaning) with it. Some piccies

BEFORE:

Dirty...
before1.jpg

Dirty some more
before2.jpg

Very filthy inside
before3.jpg

Some smart person thought the memory card slot was the coin slot
before4.jpg

More free money....and some other freebies
before6.jpg

AFTER:

Nice and clean
after1.jpg

Clean some more
after2.jpg

Clean
after3.jpg

Clean
after4.jpg

Well....what can i say. Never ever seen a cab so damned filthy. The amount of black gunk/dirt that was inside this cab......I ended up pulling around $8 out of various parts of the cab. There is this floor above the very bottom floor in the cab, there is a gap around 2cm between the two, and you can only get into it from the rear of the cab....i have no idea of what the reason for it is...but anyways i stuck the vaccum cleaner under there.....the shit that came out of there. Money, screws, papers, washers, dead bugs....lol. Took alot of elbow grease to get it all clean.

Note the board swap in the before and after pics. Had a 6 slot i wanted to test all the various connections to see if they work. The original board is in like new condition. And the slots are nice and tight as well, i think it's had very little swapping use. The lights behind the marquees work a little....standard on the way out.

The original board had a weird bios...had a wire running from underneath it running to an earth that hooked up to the cabinet door?? Might make a thread about that one as i'm curious to know what's up with that.

I only grabbed it because it was cheap. I was going to seel it as i already have 3 candy cabs.....but i think i'm going to keep it now. Pretty happy with the way it came up. The seller had listed it as having a few faults......which is never had? Ah well. :)

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I'll never get over how wild Aussie cabs look. Looks like you got that cab nice and cleaned up, so congrats. Also, that monitor seems pretty sharp. Not a bad haul by any means, enjoy it!

Angel

Morden's Lackey
yeah congrats. now you just need to swap out those buttons and you'll be in really good shape.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Nice work! I agree with you about keeping it, candy cabs are really nice, but that is something special.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Nice Cab!!

I love those cabs..I wish I had one of those..(in the US)

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah they are quite nice cabs. The buttons will be replaced as well as soon as i find a source for those same types of buttons.

I was quite surprised actually, when i first looked at the cab and by the description the seller gave....i thought i was in for a hacker of a machine that someone had used at their science project. But underneath it all......it was quite good. The cabs look a little strange in the photos, but in the flesh they are actually pretty neat. I think the sticks were replaced near the end of this cabs life to as they are like new to.

Last edited:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Great machine there matey...i like these myself & that one looks in top condition.
Tbh...i do prefer woody's for playing mvs titles..;)
Just one thing...lose the Hasp & staple!!!!...:D .
Great work.

Flit

n00b
obsessivestu said:
Some smart person thought the memory card slot was the coin slot

I've got my six slot in my shop and idiots regularly put coins into the memory card slot. For some reason a lot of people won't take a few seconds to read instructions first. They stuff coins in the memory card slot and then complain that they've lost their money.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
looks great, btw just checking your collection you got some serious stuff man, im super jealous

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I like the way those australian cabs look. Great looking cabs imo. The cleaning job came out nice and you're up 8 bucks!:D

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Wow that brings back memories.. First time I ever played Neo Geo was on one of those, back in 1991 :)