NEO GEO CDZ IS REALLY VERY BETTER.

EddyIori

New Challenger
I got my neo cdz this week ( oh god it took ages, but better late than never lol ),
and through I have completely disassembled and cleaned it and also examined all details of it since I never found pictures of it on the internet I just listed some differences I found.
1 - Chipset was modified not only the cd-rom control board as some said before.
(NEO-GRC to NEO-GRC2-F , NEO-MGA-T to NEO-MGA2-SA )
2- Maybe there are more than one revision of it since the board have places and can have the cd-rom control board incorporated in the main board.
3- The great heat generator I found is the BA6396FP motor driver and I done a little mod to it and the heat is no more that bad.
4- I do think it really is double speed cd-rom and not single as many people say.
I just take in consideration some details I saw . The cd does spin fast as in the saturn when its loading data and then slows when start to play the audio tracks.
I don't know if it is just my CDZ but it really is very fast. Maybe mine is in excellent condition?? I don't know but I am really happy and do think that SNK would not
say it is a double speed if it was not.
Here is some pictures of the main board.

CopyofS3010034.jpg

CopyofS3010035.jpg

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
the system is great, i know. sold my toploader and got this one long ago.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
It does load much faster.

My only worry is that given the age of the systems, failure is always eminent.

REN

n00b
Yes they are all fast, not just yours:mr_t:

I have had about 7 of them, and all were very enjoyable to play (regarding loading time). Pretty dinky...like a PS1, but Japanese owners really look after their stuff, so most seem to still be in pretty good nick. Nice lightweight shipping price from Japan too! The best CD system by a mile;)