I just Icc'd it.

that's less than 20 minutes after he posted this thread

fuckin' amazing!

p.s. I just 1cc'd this thread.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Hmm i should try it only to say fuck you goomba every minute :rolleyes:

Still i get enough frustration playing the, JPN SMB2 all ready.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
CarlDMC said:
I can't even land on the first block!!! I hold right and Mario just doesn't seem to make it.
Hold the jump button as the level starts.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
After playing this rom, I think I've got a bald spot now from ripping my hair out. I've tried about 100 times, but I just can't get past the 2nd trampoline in the first stage.

I think switching out the original Super Mario Bros. 2 for Doki Doki Panic in the US was probably the smartest decision Nintendo's ever made. Not only are some of the stages insanely hard, if you get a game over, you get sent back to the first stage of the world. I've got the Famicom Classics version for GBA, and I don't think I've ever gotten past World 2. :D

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Zenimus said:
I think switching out the original Super Mario Bros. 2 for Doki Doki Panic in the US was probably the smartest decision Nintendo's ever made. Not only are some of the stages insanely hard, if you get a game over, you get sent back to the first stage of the world. I've got the Famicom Classics version for GBA, and I don't think I've ever gotten past World 2. :D

...You're kidding, right? I beat that game when I was 6 or 7... It's possible that I used a warp pipe (if there are any) to skip the entire game, but I really don't think so since I remember playing it non-stop.

I never was able to beat Mario 1 though, but I came close.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Soniku said:
...You're kidding, right? I beat that game when I was 6 or 7... It's possible that I used a warp pipe (if there are any) to skip the entire game, but I really don't think so since I remember playing it non-stop.

I never was able to beat Mario 1 though, but I came close.

Well, if you played the Mario All-Stars version, that one is much easier than the Famicom original.

In the SNES one, there are many more Power-Ups added, certain levels were slightly modified, and you can save the stage you're at. If you get a Game Over, you don't get bounced back to the first stage of whatever world you're on.

It's crazy.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Zenimus said:
Well, if you played the Mario All-Stars version, that one is much easier than the Famicom original.

In the SNES one, there are many more Power-Ups added, certain levels were slightly modified, and you can save the stage you're at. If you get a Game Over, you don't get bounced back to the first stage of whatever world you're on.

It's crazy.

Ah, I didn't know that, but that explains a lot... Now I'm curious to try the real version.

Damn you Nintendo for dumbing down Mario 2... Twice!

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
I finally beat it.

Whoever made this rom A) was an asshole B) left a major bug in that made the end part much easier. When you're on a platform moving and it hits a wall, just press backwards to start phasing through it. When you do that though, the screen doesn't scroll with you, so... Watch out. What that also means is that if you pop out the other side, you'll make it on screen before most enemies will(even bowser!) and have a sporting shot.