Anyone know where I can find an MVS headphone/memory card sticker?

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
My memory card/headphone sticker is getting old and peeling back a bit, I'm wondering where I can find a replacement sticker. I tried Arcadeshock and no luck so far. Any help is much appreciated.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I think it was Chris1 who posted a good quality scan, have not been able to find the thread right now.

Crowquill

n00b
Thought it might be helpful to have a clean version of this. I took a few minutes and redrew it in Illustrator. Was the center part originally white? Also, I don't have a 4-slot to compare against, but the holes were placed based on the scan. If someone could double-check their spacing that might be helpful.

I figured I can upload the PDF once we know it's good.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Crowquill said:
Thought it might be helpful to have a clean version of this. I took a few minutes and redrew it in Illustrator. Was the center part originally white? Also, I don't have a 4-slot to compare against, but the holes were placed based on the scan. If someone could double-check their spacing that might be helpful.

That looks Great,thanks for doing that..

Yes it was originally white...I have it saved on a disc somewhere in white..I have a white repro on my cab now..
The hole locations you have are correct..

Crowquill

n00b
Does anyone know what specific Pantone color the red in Neo-Geo artwork is? Since I have this much done, I'm probably going to go ahead and scan in my 2-slot's panel too. it's pretty much the same except the coin slot diagram. I can also match the red to it if I need to.

Anyone want to host the PDF version once it's tweaked? I figured I'd upload it to localarcade.com, but I didn't know if anyone wanted to keep it handy on one of the Neo-specific sites.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
MVS Paint codes:

a la Home Depot. I took a chunk of my 6-slot's front panel in (it had chipped off anyway).

Colorant OZ 48 96
KX White 0 2 0
R Exterior RE 3 36 1
U Magenta 0 8 1

It looks pink going on, but dries the correct color. A quart set me back $8.50
Glidden Evermore
satin base

info saved from a forum post ages ago. ymmv

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Crowquill said:
Does anyone know what specific Pantone color the red in Neo-Geo artwork is? Since I have this much done, I'm probably going to go ahead and scan in my 2-slot's panel too. it's pretty much the same except the coin slot diagram. I can also match the red to it if I need to.

Anyone want to host the PDF version once it's tweaked? I figured I'd upload it to localarcade.com, but I didn't know if anyone wanted to keep it handy on one of the Neo-specific sites.

would you please make pdfs of both versions?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Crowquill said:

Good effort! The letters are a little pixely, let me see what I can do.

Crowquill

n00b
>>Good effort! The letters are a little pixely, let me see what I can do.

That's because you're looking at a GIF exported from Illustrator. The PDF will be nice and crisp vector text. I found a font that is almost exact (Avant Garde Bold Condensed). It might actually be exact, but it's hard to tell from the scan. Once I get my 2-slot scanned I might be able to tell a little better. I'll definitely upload both versions as PDFs.

BTW, how do you quote in these forums? I see the quote icon, but I don't know the syntax to use it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Crowquill said:
>>Good effort! The letters are a little pixely, let me see what I can do.

That's because you're looking at a GIF exported from Illustrator. The PDF will be nice and crisp vector text. I found a font that is almost exact (Avant Garde Bold Condensed). It might actually be exact, but it's hard to tell from the scan. Once I get my 2-slot scanned I might be able to tell a little better. I'll definitely upload both versions as PDFs.

BTW, how do you quote in these forums? I see the quote icon, but I don't know the syntax to use it.
Either use the botton on top that looks like a comic ballon in the typing tools, or just hit "quote" on the bottom left of every post.

The size is top notch I printed it to take a look and it fits beautifull, post the PDF's!

Crowquill

n00b
I'll get it finished and uploaded within the next couple days. I'm going to take the memory card/headphone panel from my 2-slot with me to work tomorrow so that I can scan it. I can also compare it to the pantone color swatch book (I work at Kinko's). I'd like to get the red as close as possible.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
electricgrave said:
Either use the botton on top that looks like a comic ballon in the typing tools, or just hit "quote" on the bottom left of every post.

The other left.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Crowquill said:
I'll get it finished and uploaded within the next couple days. I'm going to take the memory card/headphone panel from my 2-slot with me to work tomorrow so that I can scan it. I can also compare it to the pantone color swatch book (I work at Kinko's). I'd like to get the red as close as possible.
The RGB Red will do, the red in it is so minimal that it will blend seamlessly, time fades things, color matching right now won't be like the original color that was intended, too much trouble for something so simple.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually looking foward for those PDF's since I'm too lazy to do it myself right now. I have way too many projects on my plate.

Crowquill

n00b
The 4-slot version has been submitted to localarcade.com under the vector control panel category (it's more of a control panel overlay than a bezel).

If anybody needs a quick fix, it can also be found HERE

I should get the 2-slot version finished up by the end of the week. Details will be posted.

In the end I just used a CMYK red (100% M, 100% Y). I figure the majority of us are either going to print this on a copier/laser printer or a 4-color inkjet. The sample I printed at work matches my cab pretty closely.