Fake clamshell UK NGPC Gals Fighter? Help please!

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Hi all NGPC lovers! (I hope to see at least 1 more user here)

Last week I bought an original copy of Gals Fighters UK, complete with all papers. Yesterday I got it, but I saw something strange on the cover print.

I took out the paper cover from the plastic case and looked carefully at it. I'm sure it was a color photocopy or a scan&print copy. I compared printing with an original CCF game cover and found many differences. Gals Fighter has heavier and rough paper kind, it's not satinated and you can not see the typical toner print patterns (clearly you can see low quality diffuse print pattern).

The rest of the game contents maybe are original, or maybe not. Cart can be the 9$ ones you can find on ebay, but instruction sheet looks original IMO.

I asked the seller about what happened with the cover. Told me he did not notice anything strange about the game cover, and told me that SNK did some low quality printing in some AES games in the past and was usual. So maybe they did the same in some NGPC games.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't really like the idea of having a $85 counterfeit game in my collection.

Anyone has an original UK Gals Fighter game? Do you know anything about this printing issue in other games?

Or ... maybe I have to go directly and ask for a refound?

Thanks for your opinions pocket gamers!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
AOJ said:
Hi all NGPC lovers! (I hope to see at least 1 more user here)

Last week I bought an original copy of Gals Fighters UK, complete with all papers. Yesterday I got it, but I saw something strange on the cover print.

I took out the paper cover from the plastic case and looked carefully at it. I'm sure it was a color photocopy or a scan&print copy. I compared printing with an original CCF game cover and found many differences. Gals Fighter has heavier and rough paper kind, it's not satinated and you can not see the typical toner print patterns (clearly you can see low quality diffuse print pattern).

The rest of the game contents maybe are original, or maybe not. Cart can be the 9$ ones you can find on ebay, but instruction sheet looks original IMO.

I asked the seller about what happened with the cover. Told me he did not notice anything strange about the game cover, and told me that SNK did some low quality printing in some AES games in the past and was usual. So maybe they did the same in some NGPC games.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't really like the idea of having a $85 counterfeit game in my collection.

Anyone has an original UK Gals Fighter game? Do you know anything about this printing issue in other games?

Or ... maybe I have to go directly and ask for a refound?

Thanks for your opinions pocket gamers!

I've had many Gals Fighters go through my hand, and I've never come across one that didn't have a cover insert printed on a slightly smooth/glossy-ish paper. Do you have scans of said image? The higher resolution the better for comparison.

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Hi,

I scanned 2 inserts for comparison, exactly the same parameters, jpg compression factor 1, @300dpi. This resolution is enough to see clearly the differences in printing quality, now I think it's really a cheap reprint.

First the possible fake Gals Fighter here (6,66Mb)
Second, Clash Card Fighters here (7,87Mb)

Do you have any Gals Fighter cart now on your hands? What do you think?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
That is definitely a printed insert. I'm guessing someone decided he could make a few more bucks off of the deluge of cart-only Gals Fighters. It doesn't even look like it was printed on a laser printer, low quality inkjet printer rather. A refund is in order, that is a fake.

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Ok thanks for the confirmation man!

I'll contact the seller asking for a refund ... it's a shame, it's pretty difficult to find an UK Gals Fighter nowadays :(

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
I see that your gal fighters insert is pretty much confirmed to be a fake by bokmeow and to tell you the truth it looks fake to me too. I figure you compressed the images a little for viewing on the web, you could have compressed them more in photoshop for easier viewing and best of all the quality should still be fairly good.