Opening an AES cart - Nanunauanuanauanauanuanauanauanaunauan

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Anybody know how to do this without screwin up the sticker? Or know where a FAQ might be? I just aquired a copy of Sonic Wings 2... and it has something rattling inside of it... bugs the hell out of me. :help:

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
Theres a guide on Tiptoniums site: here

Tricky one not to knacker the label though - the rattle's probably one of the plastic tabs thats broken off.....

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I've never tried this on a Neo cart but... I've done this on a lot of other computer items with seals...

Take a hair dryer and heat the label up a lot. Carefully peel it off - if you see the label coming apart - STOP. It won't work... but if it comes up without leaving any residue behind or without the top layer flaking apart then take it off & put it on a piece of wax paper to be reinstalled when finished.

Back when Packard Bell and other manufacturers used stickers we'd do this to install upgrades. If the computer ever had to be sent in for warranty repairs it was a simple matter of removing the upgrade then taking that saved sticker off of the wax paper and reinstalling it. ;)

RJ

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Thanks fellas... I'll give it a try. Hopefully I can crack the cart open just enough for the plastic piece to fall out. ;)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-Nooooooo
Your sticker will never be the same. You will warp and flake the sticker.Once you lift it up the ahesive will die instantly...
BB

channelmaniac said:
I've never tried this on a Neo cart but... I've done this on a lot of other computer items with seals...

Take a hair dryer and heat the label up a lot. Carefully peel it off - if you see the label coming apart - STOP. It won't work... but if it comes up without leaving any residue behind or without the top layer flaking apart then take it off & put it on a piece of wax paper to be reinstalled when finished.

Back when Packard Bell and other manufacturers used stickers we'd do this to install upgrades. If the computer ever had to be sent in for warranty repairs it was a simple matter of removing the upgrade then taking that saved sticker off of the wax paper and reinstalling it. ;)

RJ

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You don't have to remove the label to open a homecart. Just push in the tabs on the side near the bottom of the cart, then work your way up. You should be able to get whatever's rattling in there out without totally prying the thing open anyway.

And I've opened carts in the past to where I could leave the label on. I just worked my way up from the bottom and was careful not to bend the sticker too much when it finally opened.