Metal Slug 1 MVS Holo Label

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I just saw this Metal Slug 1 on ebay with a holo label on it?! I've had 2x original Metal Slug MVS carts now, both with serials neither with holograms. Were both of mine fake labels, or did only certain copies of Metal Slug come with a holo label?

-B

Robert

20 Year Member
Could someone tell me more about those holo labels because I got a neo turf masters like this?

Is it rare?

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Robert said:
Could someone tell me more about those holo labels because I got a neo turf masters like this?

Is it rare?

Yeah anyone have a good explination of this?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Some sort of anti-copying I guess. I got 3x Slug 1, 1 has a holo label.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Did SNK send the hololabel games to certain regions that had a high percentage of bootlegs maybe? I can't imagine they would send holo labels randomly as multi spectrum holograms aren't cheap to print, especialy in smaller quantities (less than like 2k or so). There had to have been a purpose to them.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I had a few games with holographic labels.

Just sort of a random thing I guess.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Maybe the latter batch of Slugs have it, I never seen it on a pre-Slug game, so maybe it was the first game to feature it.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Quite possibly it was in the later run of 'slugs. Since the one on ebay doesn't have a serial number, there's no evidence of this. If someone that has a 'Slug 1 w/ hololabel could post what serial number their game is, it might shed some light on this.

-B

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I have seen that before on ebay... I thought the guys camera was catching some sort of odd light.... I have never seen a "holo" lable on any of my carts yet

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Only USA carts have holo's too. I'm yet to see a JPN holo label. Its gotta be a security measure of some sort.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
I've got 2 hololabels in my collection. Both are US carts: Shock Troopers 2nd squad and Shock Troopers #1.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
I have a few US Slug 1s with Holographic labels. I didn't think this was that odd....

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have a Metal Slug 2 with a holo label, I believe there is a serial number on it. If there is, I'll come back and post it.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
LoneSage said:
I have a Metal Slug 2 with a holo label, I believe there is a serial number on it. If there is, I'll come back and post it.

Aye, my Slug 2 cart has one, SN 028594.

I also have a few other games with these on them... newer ones if I remember correctly though. Never really thought much of it.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
As long as it's the original game, Does it really matter if it has a holo or not? I have some games that have a holo label and some that don't. But as long as it's not a bootleg who cares.

SEIJUROU

Kabuki Klasher
i have 9 games with hola label in my colection included my slug
i think is not strange think about this label because i have 2 copys of breakers revenge complete kit and one is holo and the other don´t have it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well, MS2's serials were scratched, but before this thread I was surprised at the amount of people who were surprised about holo-labels. I thought they were common knowledge, something added later in a game's life.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I was told that the MVS carts with holographic labels were sent to countries that have high risk of counterfit items being sold, and it was just SNKs way of proving authenticity. my Garou has a holo label as well as a clear smoke/purple case