English JPN Neo Geo Pocket Color Games

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
My girlfriend got me Big Tournament Golf for the NGPC for christmas. I was pleasantly surprised to see it recognized the system was US and booted into Neo Turf Masters mode. So I have the added benefit of hard shell case and being able to read.

Is there a list of games that contain the english and japanese version?

Is it just the first few games, or...?

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't know of any sort of list, but we can start one here.

The only JPN games i have are Baseball Stars Color and KOF R-2, and both of them are boot up in english when my japanese NGPC is set to English language display.

edit - uhh, well i guess i lied. Here is a list of games with multi-language support:

http://www.classicgaming.com/sngp/games/softinfo_japan.htm

Last edited:

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I only have 3 japanese games. BTG/NTM is the only one that's in english.

Puzzle Link and Gambare Neo Poke Kun do not.

Graymalkin

New Challenger
I've just looked at that list, and it seems right. Although I'm not sure about Shanghai Mini. I don't have access to it at the moment, but I think that might be dual language.

Also in that list, Derby Champ and Derby Champ Color? I thought there was only a colour version..?

Besides, with games like Biomotor Unitron, you can always get an English-language loose cart and transfer the PCB into your Japanese cart - presto! an English language Japanese clamshell release...

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Shanghai Mini is dual language.
Oekaki Puzzle (Picture Puzzle) has Japanese title screen, English menus, options, etc and a bit of both languages when ending games early.

So, the list isn't quite right, nevermind.