mini marque display info

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
im looking for detailed technical info on how the mini marque lites work with techincal info on what the neo geo2 slot etc does to light each one up.

is there datiled info anywheres?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
thanks but i didnt ask for el panel replacements. i asked the info on how they work etc like what signals and voltages etc they produce

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
oop... sorry then, I use florescent bulbs instead, so I can't help you there.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
its cool i didnt expect anyone here to have any infomation. this place tends to be more of a sell you pre-made solutions rather than a real technical comunity. since most here are restoring rather than fixing or building from scratch. i so wanted the info. i have gotten alot of information on other neo-geo topics in the mame comunity rather than here.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Er... was that an insult to this community? Or just a passive whine?

(There's a signal passed to an MV-ELA (along with some power), which then sends current through an inverter to the electroluminescent panels as each game is selected.)

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
passive whine nothing more and stateing of facts as ive seen it.

i want to know what signal is passed from the board to the el board then how it controls each lights.

do you know if there is a shematic for this part? i want to recreate the panel for a micro cab im designing the mini marque will be 3/4 to 1/2 in size compared to now

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
werejag said:
no more techincal info?

Sorry: :(
As far as I know there is no documented info on the technical workings of the MV-ELC LCD Panels,that have been made/created/done..(I wish I could help but I don't really bother with them anymore,and I'm not great with figuring out voltages etc.)
I used to mess with these trying to get the old bulbs working and succeeded somewhat..At the time it was the only answer and I'm all about trying to get things to work/restore. ..
Then after the replacement bulbs came out there came a simple fix...So putting the replacement bulbs in it's a much easier task/answer to an age long problem solving the problem of the original bulbs not working.. (for people who want to restore for the original look as myself)
I have yet to buy replacements as my old bulbs still work...but will in time.

Member ttooddddyy had explained in threads the technical workings of the MV-ELD LCD bulbs in regard to how they work/go bad due to a sort of gas in them..

I figure since Electroluminescent made the replacements maybe they would have the technical working info you seek.
Electroluminescent / Indiglo Replacements
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99020

Not sure if Briggs ever did any voltage reading/info on them..
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/marquee.htm

The easiest solution since it sounds like you know what you are doing is to buy a set-up and figure it out(if you provided the technical info it would be greatly appreciated)
You would need :MV-ELC LCD Panels,MV-ELA LCD Circuit Board,the wiring from the mobo to the driver/driver to panels and wire that connects panel to panel ..
http://www.hardmvs.com/images/parts/MV-ELDbackSm.jpg
Plus;the replacement bulbs themselves ..though you may not need them if you can get the voltage info from the back pcb panels themselves.
All I have is the blank back pcb(green)panels and a bunch of dead bulbs.
They pop up on ebay from time to time and are sold here in selling once in a blue.

Not sure if the MVS motherboard manuals on this page would have any technical info on the MV-ELC LCD Panels as I've never looked.
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yeah thanks chris1 for the leads and words of thought.

this is pretty much like most of the stuff ive tryed to find out about neo-geo. it seems no one is interested in the hardware that this comunity is supose to find sacret.

well looks like ill have to blaze the way and get the technical info we here should have had ages ago.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I may be able to do some research as to what's coming off that connector on the mainboard.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
yea just knowing what signals will be more than enough i hope