How do I work this blasted thing!?

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Just got me a Hyper Neo 64 mobo with FF:WA, but no clue how to work it. (Plug in Jamma harness, play...figured that part out ^_^ ) I need to figure out how to get into the game settings and adjust the volume. I thought the knob on the front was for adjusting the volume, but no go. Any help would be great.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Actually more detailed. I hooked up the Hyper 64 to a standard MVS cab. Volume won't work, and the test button doesn't seem to do anything. Also some sound doesn't seem to work at all. Like the opening music or coin button sounds. Will hooking up the -5v I read about help solve that?

Other than the problems above, the game plays fine.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm pretty sure its rev 2 but I don't know how to tell. If the test button wiring is the same as an MVS system then it should be working...but nothing when I press it.

Odd that I can't adjust the volume either....

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yeah,

I have to set up a jumper wire between pins 15 & M on the jamma harness in both my cabs to enter the test menu. I have a rev. 2 mb, the volume dial is located to the left side of the jamma edge connector.

DSCN2416.jpg

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the info, I'll try running that wire. So just a short wire from Jamma pin 15 to Jamma pin M? That simple...lol.

I knew where the volume knob was, but when I turn it the volume stays the same. Don't know if its broke, not hooked up, or if the above will cure anything...

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yep,

Its that simple, doesn't need to be permant, just long enough to enter the test menu & configure the settings to your likings. It could be that you need to tweak the audio settings? I'll have to take a look. I'll let you know what I find later.
Also, I think there is a switch underneath the mb to set it to mvs or mono? I have das fools stereo/mono switch to compensate for mono & stereo pcb's. I'll check that out as well.

Last edited:

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
Its definitly set to mono right now. I ran the sound test and its the same in every channel. To access the test screen I just run that jumper and it triggers the screen. :)