Consolized 2 Slot Wiring Help

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Now that the summer months are almost upon us, I am going to have a lot more free time to work on my consolized 2 slot MVS. I had actually built it before and had it working, but it was a nasty mess of wires connected to a huge computer power supply and basically looked like ass, so I took it apart to wire it properly but never got around to actually doing it.

I want to solder the wires directly to the board so they are hidden underneath the metal cover (which I will paint and mount to piece of acrylic). I have a power supply and a JROK converter board, and since the 2 slot has the controller ports I don't need to wire those up. I thought about using the headphone jack on the side of the unit for sound, but it would be nice if I could wire up the sound through the JAMMA connector (I assume this is possible).

Here is where I'm running into a snag. I was ok with plugging the JAMMA harness into the connector and wiring it up that way, but now that I had to actually solder things to the board I'm kind of stumped. I'm not exactly sure where to solder things on the board itself. Is there a guide out there for doing this?

Tempest

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only Guide is a Multimeter with a Continutity test.... There are different Two Slots (some even look the same), So your better off not using a "Guide"

Junk the Jamma Connector....

Use the Continutity to test To find Places for +5, +12 and Ground.... I suggest connecting the +12 and ground to the 7805 Voltage IC. +5 can be found on nearly every IC.... I usualy prefer to connect mine to the Credit LED/Lighting Panel Jacks.

FOR RGB: RGB can be found on the set of resistors behind the jamma connector.... Use Continuity test from the Jamma edge to find them. SYnc is a bit tricker. It's usualy on another resistor or IC in the Are... But check everything, you will find it.

Take the sound from the Headphone jack.

Either: Use a RCA->Headhone set of cables OR desloder it completely. Use multimeter to find out which of the 3 spots is ground...