Opinions required on button layout...

Hi boys and girls!

I've been slowly fixing up an old Aussie 26" TMNT (converted to NeoGeo) Leisure and Allied cabinet...

I've got a nice new piece of metal for a control panel, the artwork is off at the printers and it's time to cut some holes for the buttons...

Which layout would be better? The NeoGeo curved 4 buttons, or a stock standard diagonal fighter layout.

I was going to go with the non-neo layout because I would have room to upgrade the control panel (add more buttons) if I ever converted it to Jamma etc... but I'm guessing since my artwork is all NeoGeo, I should stick to the Neo button layout.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

cp2.jpg

cp3.jpg

cp1.jpg

hateful_liar

Armored Scrum Object
I like the one on the left better. It seems the best choice in both aesthetics and practicality.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'd definitely choose the Neo layout. But I guess it would depend on what types of games you plan to play on it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This shouldn't even be up for debate, as the left one is the standard, and far and away much more functional and cooler. :D

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I personally have a hard time using the diagnal layout. The standard Neo layout seems more comfortable on the hands.

SouthtownKid said:
I'd definitely choose the Neo layout. But I guess it would depend on what types of games you plan to play on it.

Well i don't intend on taking the MVS board out of the machine anytime soon.. So i'll be playing all NeoGeo games.

Looks like I'll stick with the NeoGeo style. I've never played a machine with this layout, so I was a bit apprehensive (especially for fighters), but it does look better, plus it will match on screen play instructions on the Neo carts.