Nearly 5k psp units are returned to Sony , Kutaragi unapologetic

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
What? Just adapt to a button that will go out?
"The button's location is [architectured] on purpose," Kutaragi added. "It's according to specifications. This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake."

Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

The hell they wouldn't criticize it.

It situations like this that make me really admire Apple. Heck, at the first sign there could be a problem, Apple gets to work. Example one of many Their stockholders and userbase are heard and respected when things go wrong; and things get done and stay stable. ...now if only Sony's userbase could do the same thing.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Kutaragi said:
"This is the design that we came up with. There may be people that complain about its usability, but that's something which users and game software developers will have to adapt to. I didn't want the PSP's LCD screen to become any smaller than this, nor did I want its machine body to become any larger.
"Will have to adapt to" I love that. Like if someone sold you a car where the 4th tire went flat every 10th mile. You'd just have to adapt to that.
Kutaragi said:
"The button's location is [architectured] on purpose," Kutaragi added. "It's according to specifications. This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake."
So they designed it to work like shit.
Kutaragi said:
Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."
Form over function. Not the best handheld, just the most beautiful.

Sony can suck my cock. They make shit products and this is just the shiniest piece of shit.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I only find it hard to believe that the button sticks on that FEW systems. After only a few rounds of Shin Sangoku Musou, that damn thing sticks and squeaks like crazy on my system.

I still like the thing overall, but the craftsmanship is pure shit. Nintendo's products are practically bulletproof, and then you've got Sony. :angry:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
jro said:
I only find it hard to believe that the button sticks on that FEW systems. After only a few rounds of Shin Sangoku Musou, that damn thing sticks and squeaks like crazy on my system.

I still like the thing overall, but the craftsmanship is pure shit. Nintendo's products are practically bulletproof, and then you've got Sony. :angry:
No, the correct question is why don't more people send them back? Obviously more than 4800 have the issue, just that many are willing to go through the bullshit of sending it back.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
artilce said:
.6 percent of the 800,000 shipped units have been returned to Sony for repair.

only .006% defective?

To Sony that's a sucess.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Sony's a Joke! I sure as hell wouldn't buy that piece of crap anyways. Maybe when it hits the US, the instruction manual will tell you how to "Adapt" to the to the flaws Sony will not fix.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
"...nor did I want its machine body to become any larger."

Come on, how much bigger would the body have been if they'd solved this problem in the first place? Shame on you, Sony. :oh_no:

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
psp.jpg

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
TonK said:
what an arrogant bastard

Thats EXACTLY how the system was designed. WTF is your problem?!?!?!? :kekeke:

Seriously, you're absolutely right; Kutaragi has always been an arrogant bastard, and that statement is just disgusting. What he is clearly trying to avoid, is a terribly costly recall of 800,000 systems to fix the fucked up, sorry design flaw that they created. How could they not see this as a problem during the pre-release testing? Ridiculous. :oh_no:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Guys a tool... And sony keeps making shitty products.. and doesnt take responsibility for it.. i would like to see them recall it... Fucking idiots

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Snake-Eyes said:

holy shit thats fucking great :lol: :lol:

Fuck Sony for thinking that people will just let this slide. And fuck people for letting it slide. Im not buying one unless they redesign the thing.

Heh.

Given their refusal to accept dead pixel returns, does that 5K even count them?

What a joke. Surprise? Sadly, no.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well considering the dead pixel issue covers about half... members here have complained about the button on theres

I would say at least half of the units sold had something cosmetically wrong with them

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Snake-Eyes said:

:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

Dude I had to give that one six full kekeke's ... fucking hilarious.

I can't believe that this guy is allowed to spew bullshit like this ... he didn't want the geometry of the PSP to change so he just let one of the buttons not work??? What a fucking joke.

Somebody call Penn & Teller - they'd have a field day with these bastards. :oh_no:

What's really sad is the number of fanboys that are holding on to their systems rather than returning them as defective. They're probably waiting for "revision 3" of the PSP, or the slim model, so they can get one that functions properly.

:kekeke:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I hope some fanboy doesn't get a preorder in come launch day. :drool:

I can guarantee mine is going on ebay after Krookgi pulls some shit like this. GODDAMIT PEOPLE STANDUP TO THIS ARROGANT SOB!

Robert

20 Year Member
I was expecting this kind of shit from the PSP, but the sony's answer is beyond my hopes. I love Sony, do you know many companies which would have answered like that?
No.
Sony deserves a :buttrock:

iamyagami22

Viewpoint Vigilante
SONY SUCKS COCK ! i never liked their gaming systems, i got a ps2 thinking hey this is great, then i go to put a dvd in to test it out and ohhh.. what it can't read the fucking disc, thats just great, so as far as sony is concerned, i will never ever buy another product from them ever again in my entire life no matter how cool it looks because it will probably suck ass. Kutaragi is a fuck hole who needs to shut the fuck up and own up to his mistakes !

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
KagerouSama said:
What? Just adapt to a button that will go out?

The hell they wouldn't criticize it.

It situations like this that make me really admire Apple. Heck, at the first sign there could be a problem, Apple gets to work. Example one of many Their stockholders and userbase are heard and respected when things go wrong; and things get done and stay stable. ...now if only Sony's userbase could do the same thing.

I second Apples policies. I bought my 15" G4 Powerbook (my first Mac/Apple product) used at a local store. I then went and bought OS X from a Mac store, went home and installed the OS X. When installing this OS it asks for all kinds of info and such.

Well about 6 months later I get this letter from Apple stating a possible issue with my G4 Battery. And how to detect if I have the problem battery and what to do. IT also explains that I have a warranty on the G4 Powerbook (roughly 6 months left) and should I want to renew my warranty to go ahead and call toll free to renew.

Now wait a minute here.... I buy a G4 Powerbook used at a shop thats not even a certified Apple dealer. And I still have a warranty on my Powerbook as well as they are letting me know about the possibility that my battery could be a hazard?

Now thats what I call looking out for your user base/customers.

Plain and simple.... MAC/APPLE RULES!

I'll never again use or buy a PC of my own, and I said that after a month of owning my MAC.

NUFF SAID!

Last edited:

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
galfordo said:
:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

Dude I had to give that one six full kekeke's ... fucking hilarious.

I can't believe that this guy is allowed to spew bullshit like this ... he didn't want the geometry of the PSP to change so he just let one of the buttons not work??? What a fucking joke.

Somebody call Penn & Teller - they'd have a field day with these bastards. :oh_no:

What's really sad is the number of fanboys that are holding on to their systems rather than returning them as defective. They're probably waiting for "revision 3" of the PSP, or the slim model, so they can get one that functions properly.

:kekeke:

LMAO DUDE that is some funny ass stuff you just posted. Now it totally would have been that much funnier if you photoshoped Ken Kutaragis face in that pic.