HNG 64 Candy Cab?'s

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hello,

I finally had my Hyper Neo Geo 64 Candy Cab w/ LCD + camera in the marquee shipped to me!! It was sitting at my father-in-laws house since May which was such a long wait for me :oh_no: . I went down there this holiday on vacation & I had it shipped from L.A. via Forward Air and from there it went to SeaTac, then I had a friend pick it up and drop it off at Northland-Boyer Barge. It should be here next week sometime? It needs a little work, but I fired it up and both screens look great!!! I just need to do a little cleaning, rewiring and change out the buttons & joysticks and I'm in business! I'll post pics of the cab when it comes in, I had a sweet custom made box for it ;) .

Ok,

This is what I would like to know, it came with plenty of keys for the doors and a manual that is in japanese which I can't read :spock: . I want to know how to switch the LCD to the camera view and what all the other switches are for both in the cab and behind the LCD in the Marquee??? Also, I see that it was set up for a Hyper Neo Geo 64 MB rev. 1 for audio. I plugged in a Jamma board and there was no sound? I took the back apart and there was a couple of molex connectors and the speakers weren't even hooked up? I'm thinking I might have to rewire the speakers (L & 10) in the harness? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... :smirk:

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Remember there are two versions of the hyper, one requires -5 volts for the audio op-amps (I think its the earlier one)
Maybe this would be better placed in the Hyper 64 forum

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Sorry I don't know about the cabinet, but what game are you playing in your sig?

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Super Gem Fighters Mini Mix - kids love it, that and Rage of the Dragons? Go figure? :spock:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry I can't help...

But awesome cab man....awesome pics too. :buttrock:
Must of been pretty sweet opening up that crate..

Curious.
Does the cab have a camera somewhere..?..I guess in that hole.
Do you see a lens in there etc..?

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yep,

It sure was, took all my will power not to start rewiring everything while I was down in L.A. :smirk: . Now I have a new project to occupy me during the winter. You know, I was just glad to finally get it home in one piece, next cab will come much faster in the future. I'm looking for a Time Crisis Shooter and a driving cab next. Hopefully I'll be able to go to one of these Arcade auctions I keep hearing about in these forums? :spock:

As for the camera, if you look to the left of the LCD, there is a circle were the camera is, it is mounted behind the marquee and wired directly to the LCD, like I said there are alot of buttons both on the back of the LCD & on the circuit board in the cab? I flipped & pushed everyone of them and I can't really tell if anything is happening? Of course, I haven't spent much time on it and I'm a bit wary of screwing it up :oh_no: .

Last edited:

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
I am going to pick up a cab just like this and I will like to know if the LCD will work with an AW?????

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
It looks like some one is haveing a happy new year! :tickled:
DSCN2248.jpg

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
You can't turn on the camera view without a another cabinet with a camer and a special kit. This replaces the internal board with all the white switches. I have never come across the camera kit myself.

I do have an english copy of the HNG64 Cabinet instructions. We got these direct from SNK, and i think they were never officially printed, I have never seen an english manual otherswise.

ChrisR

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I am going to pick up a cab just like this and I will like to know if the LCD will work with an AW?????

I don't see why it wouldn't work, the LCD picture is much sharper than the monitor and it should handle the AW quite nicely.

You can't turn on the camera view without a another cabinet with a camer and a special kit. This replaces the internal board with all the white switches. I have never come across the camera kit myself.

I do have an english copy of the HNG64 Cabinet instructions. We got these direct from SNK, and i think they were never officially printed, I have never seen an english manual otherswise.

ChrisR

Oh yeah? Do you think you can scan it or photocopy it and send me a copy? Please PM me, very interested in getting a copy. :spock:

SeaWolf69

Last edited: