Post Your Recent Purchases!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I saw one go for auction years ago and before it ended it was over 1K. That's when I knew I was not going to own a laseractive.

They don't always go for silly prices. And if you're lucky you can get em for far, far cheaper than a grand... The one I picked up w/Genny & TG16 PACs along with 15 games I got for free99.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Excellent score bro! Gotta love that Batsugun!
Yeah, got the special rom on there now, super fun to be had with that.

They don't always go for silly prices. And if you're lucky you can get em for far, far cheaper than a grand... The one I picked up w/Genny & TG16 PACs along with 15 games I got for free99.

I was just talking about time gal. Back when I was looking for a laseractive console I could never find one and settled on an Xeye.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
LA units were not that expensive even up to a few years ago. I know this as I scored two of them in the space of a few months back in 2012 for under $200 each, excluding the PAC's.
And it wasn't a case of that that was the exception rather than the norm. I recall I would search under "CLD-A100" or some such, and most times back then there was a good deal to be had.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea the average price for Time Gal is 800-1000 for the past couple of years. This particular game is known for disc rot though. Road Blaster/Avenger/Prosecutor is the same.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I remember buyin 2 LaserActive units with sega Pac and a bunch of ld's on the cheap, like under $150. That was like 5 years ago. Did not realize they sell for so much now. Don't think they are really worth it unless your a collector or into LD's. TheY are plagued with issues, composite only, and are huge, so you better have a place picked out for this bad boy.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yea, I remember buyin 2 LaserActive units with sega Pac and a bunch of ld's on the cheap, like under $150. That was like 5 years ago. Did not realize they sell for so much now. Don't think they are really worth it unless your a collector or into LD's. TheY are plagued with issues, composite only, and are huge, so you better have a place picked out for this bad boy.

LDs are cool with the hipsters now, just ask Gohan :keke:

In fact, LaserActives have been proved to increase beard size by 2", which you can stroke smugly while playing rare games of dubious quality.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

In fact, LaserActives have been proved to increase beard size by 2", which you can stroke smugly while playing rare games of dubious quality.

Wrong.

Rare games are not played - they are placed on a shelf and forgotten about, only to be remembered for pictures, lists, and bragging rights.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wrong.

Rare games are not played - they are placed on a shelf and forgotten about, only to be remembered for pictures, lists, and bragging rights.

Ah yes, my mistake. I think the phrase you're looking for is...

"conversation starters"

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Oh man I need to get me one of these, I love stroking stuff!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's amazing the Laseractive never caught on. I for sure thought the future of gaming was watching a cartoon and pressing a button at the right time to continue watching it.

-SD-

Camel Slug
What's the quality of the LaserActive like for actual LD playback? From what I understand it doesn't play both sides of the disc; you still have to get off your ass and flip the disc?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
From what I understand it doesn't play both sides of the disc; you still have to get off your ass and flip the disc?

Some players play one side at a time; some can play both sides without flipping.

Edit: I thought you meant laserdisc players, in general.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
What's the quality of the LaserActive like for actual LD playback? From what I understand it doesn't play both sides of the disc; you still have to get off your ass and flip the disc?

Yes, one side only. I thought the picture quality was poor compared to my other players.

Unless you have the pac's removed and the special door plate in place, the on/off remote button doesn't work. No one keeps the door (that I've seen) so I bought 2 remotes before reading the remote wasn't the problem.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yes, that's true. As far as quality go's, I thought the video looked good on my Sony Wega vIA composite. I hear there are better LD players. Gohan knows all about LD players. He almost made me want to buy one again.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I've never had one, but from what I've heard the LA is one of the worst LD players produced. It's the equivalent of the most barebones entry level LD players.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've never had one, but from what I've heard the LA is one of the worst LD players produced. It's the equivalent of the most barebones entry level LD players.

This 100% I have a CLD-D703 now and would never use an LA for LD playback. Of course I sold my LA last year and never looked back.
7f378b987157e8237fba04dda5975554.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This 100% I have a CLD-D703 now and would never use an LA for LD playback. Of course I sold my LA last year and never looked back.
7f378b987157e8237fba04dda5975554.jpg

There are better options for both lds and games. That's why I sold my LAs a few years ago.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
This 100% I have a CLD-D703 now and would never use an LA for LD playback.

The thing to never using an LA for regular LD playback would be not to unnecessarily put wear on the laser. The fact that it's a crap LD player is kinda beside the point.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
I personally got mine for playing LD games, Laser Disc for early 80's style movie nostalgia and of course for playing Genesis and PC Engine one it. The image quality isn't that great but was expected. Don't mind using it till it fails as I got this to enjoy. It's just a bummer that it took me soo long to get one as I would never payed the now asking price for it. I just got lucky and had a friend of mine that has a few of these hook me up for a great deal! IMO all this old school hardware is for enjoying. Looking forward to sharing this with my guest at my next meet up!