What are you listening to at the moment?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
8f7adc2b4894f5f96927fa71c73b974b.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Good stuff!

Hell yeah brother. Strange band.

Maybe they would have had a bigger following during their heyday if they hadn't been on a hardcore label (who didn't know how to "market" them). But whatever who cares about that stuff.

My favorite track from that album isn't on youtube. It's called "your hours".

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hell yeah brother. Strange band.

Maybe they would have had a bigger following during their heyday if they hadn't been on a hardcore label (who didn't know how to "market" them). But whatever who cares about that stuff.

My favorite track from that album isn't on youtube. It's called "your hours".

Excellent, I haven’t heard of these guys before now but will look them up. Unique sound for sure.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Last night was Cloudkicker, Yamantaka//Sonic Titan, and the soundtrack from Heavy Metal. 'Tis the season to sit on the front porch listening to music, which is a most excellent season.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Last night was Cloudkicker, Yamantaka//Sonic Titan, and the soundtrack from Heavy Metal. 'Tis the season to sit on the front porch listening to music, which is a most excellent season.

I saw Y//ST w/ Acid Mothers Temple, and it did not disappoint.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Yeah, I saw them a year or two ago and their live show was amazing. Not every band sounds great live, but you're right; they definitely didn't disappoint.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I’ve got that album downloaded, haha. Really solid one. One of these days I’ll get around to scooping up some 80s Japanese music on vinyl.

It's a friggin' beast of an album. I personally like to purchase my 80s japanese music on CD but hey, vinyl is fantastic too. Happy hunting, dude!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive been listening to a lot of August Burns Red's instrumental stuff. I'm not a huge scream-emo-metal type person, but the tunes and melodies in these songs are really fucking good. Just cool to drive to, or to just chill with. Really great guitar work.

I dont know if this forum will work with youtube "playlist" features, so I'll just link one of my favorite songs from the album "Found in Far Away Places (instrumental)"

Honestly this song reminds me a lot of Brendon Small's style of music, most noteably his Galaktikon stuff.

https://youtu.be/ORq4djaZb0U

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Here's a blast from the past, a very obscure 'super' band who's album was produced by William Duvall of AiC fame.
This song is amazing and the last third is spectacular

Much better than crap like Mastodon

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Much better than crap like Mastodon

Whenever I hear Mastodon mentioned, this is still the sound cemented in my mind.

I can't say I was ever a true fan of their old stuff, but I never really heard any of their music after they got "big" until recently. Whichever album I heard, the vocals sounded like a D-list Ozzy Osbourne. I got a kick out of the singing, but it's still not my thing. I'll take your word for it that their typical sound falls into whatever genre Monstro is though.

The song you linked, kinda of, just slightly, reminds me of the band Into Another.

Oh, and Mastodon pretty much formed because the rhythm section of the band were hired guns to play on this Today is the Day album.

It's kind of funny how many acts that worked with Steve Austin (be it playing with him, or having him engineer their albums) went on to become mainstream success stories.