Post Your Recent Purchases!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
A quality gamecube scoop if I do say so myself.

JAp98Dy.jpg

Getting that boxed is a pretty nice thing.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
A few puchases over the past few weeks. Not really going hard in shopping, mainly just fixing a lot of my consoles up these days.
85262f586788ff134cb133460f0caf0e.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I heard,noa online store was selling refurbish snes classic again so i snag one finally.SFC games were from last month,zelda links awaking i got through a trade from 2nd&charles recently.
kV1P0z0.png

99oQoNM.png

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Together! Nyanko Daisensou [The Battle Cats] 「ふたりで!にゃんこ大戦争」

NIIOfqA.jpg

tNcAecS.jpg

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
c87ee2f6336edf3294c21f958b6e255a.jpg

c83b22364470c81fc40e16c7962467f2.jpg

8de6d2a0a768eb5503c2f51cce564a81.jpg

d208feae0876c0ff151855cf59f64c33.jpg

Got my new Retro-Access SCART cable and RGB upgrade board from RetroRGB hooked up and into my brand new Retrotink 2X SCART last night. I thought the component output on the Omega was okay (pretty crisp but still had some noise and wasn’t compatible with my Retrotink 2X).

Very pleased with the output! Super sharp and the scan lines from the RT2X look great. Played some Neo Turf Masters to check it out.

If you have an Omega and use SCART I highly recommend it (you’ll need a Genesis 2 SCART cable though since it ditches the proprietary one from ArcadeWorks).

How are you liking the upgrade? I installed one a few months ago and the picture looks the exact same as the stock board.

Tested it on my OLED and my PVM and my AES has a much better picture.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
How are you liking the upgrade? I installed one a few months ago and the picture looks the exact same as the stock board.

Tested it on my OLED and my PVM and my AES has a much better picture.

I noticed less noise in solid colors, that was one thing I noticed on the Omega previously. So that was an improvement.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
16mm projector. Found it a garage sale. The previous owner (an older gentleman) had kept it in great shape.

r1EaPiH.jpg

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
16mm projector. Found it a garage sale. The previous owner (an older gentleman) had kept it in great shape.

r1EaPiH.jpg

I remember setting up a projector in elementary school so we could watch nature, health, and documentaries in class.

Did it include films?

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Did it include films?

Yeah there were 6 films together with it as well as a few spare reels.
I was watching an early Michael Caine film. Play Dirty (1969). The color has faded in that one but still very watchable. I haven't had a chance to check out the others yet.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I've only played DOA1 on the PS1 but never on the Saturn. It's great, though I love PS1 training mode better.

Also first time playing Layer Section. Gorgeous game.

IMG_1946.JPG

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You know not having at least one watermarked pic for a few pages in this thread weirds me out. Come back, Ultra4thReich.

I bought a GBS8220 and a wifi board to do the famous GBS Control cfw mod, should be a fun little project to solder when it arrives. Like a true n00b I always did composite because A: I didn't know RGB -> Component YUV was easy, cheap and lag free and B: Prices on Meisters and Tinks were always a bit too rich for my blood, especially considering the current exchange rate I'm subject right now and C: thinking RGB was the only way, I dreaded having to hunt some PVMs or mod a consumer TV. I have a SCART cable and two different RGB->Component converters on their way, and as I said, the GBS board with some misc stuff and the wifi board.

I just wish I knew about this stuff sooner. When all this shit arrives I'll post watermarked pics for your pleasure.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Layer Section is brutal IMO. I've never come close to a 1CC.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Where'd you read this? You're way off.

It really isn't.

Anyways, I'm not really a fan of dead or alive, but I remember being pretty impressed with saturn doa's graphics.
I could be off because I played Galactic Attack, I'm not sure if it was neutered for the US market. It's one of the very few shooters I've had a 1CC on and that was years ago, so I attributed it to that.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I could be off because I played Galactic Attack, I'm not sure if it was neutered for the US market. It's one of the very few shooters I've had a 1CC on and that was years ago, so I attributed it to that.

I don't think I'll ever get a 1CC on this. I'm too amazed by the graphics to know what's going on and then I die, blown to smithereens in the dark vacuum of space.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't think I'll ever get a 1CC on this. I'm too amazed by the graphics to know what's going on and then I die, blown to smithereens in the dark vacuum of space.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on a lot of your recent posts, you've kinda just begun to have a serious interest in shooters (and the saturn)?

I would write his Layer Section anecdote on an ice cube. It's not the ideal game to cut your teeth on if you're looking to build your chops/cement the experiences that make the genre so addictive to play. I'm not claiming that he's lying, but trying to clear a game like Layer Section will not just happen by accident. Batsugun? Sure. There are plenty of easier arcade ports of shooters out there. But a title like Layer Section demands a solid understanding of the game and mannnny hours of practice.

My real point is, it always sucks when someone gets discouraged when a game is described as "easy" or "hard" and the truth is either firmly in between, or worse, the truth lies in the opposite polarity of it's original description.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on a lot of your recent posts, you've kinda just begun to have a serious interest in shooters (and the saturn)?

I would write his Layer Section anecdote on an ice cube. It's not the ideal game to cut your teeth on if you're looking to build your chops/cement the experiences that make the genre so addictive to play. I'm not claiming that he's lying, but trying to clear a game like Layer Section will not just happen by accident. Batsugun? Sure. There are plenty of easier arcade ports of shooters out there. But a title like Layer Section demands a solid understanding of the game and mannnny hours of practice.

My real point is, it always sucks when someone gets discouraged when a game is described as "easy" or "hard" and the truth is either firmly in between, or worse, the truth lies in the opposite polarity of it's original description.
I don't doubt ASIDs analysis at all, so I can concede that I may have misspoken. I recall putting a fair amount of time into Layer Section, and the overall gameplay with the lock on mechanics clicking with me, which probably explains why I spent so much time with it.

Worth the playthrough regardless and a solid title, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I bought a GBS8220 and a wifi board to do the famous GBS Control cfw mod, should be a fun little project to solder when it arrives. Like a true n00b I always did composite because A: I didn't know RGB -> Component YUV was easy, cheap and lag free and B: Prices on Meisters and Tinks were always a bit too rich for my blood, especially considering the current exchange rate I'm subject right now and C: thinking RGB was the only way, I dreaded having to hunt some PVMs or mod a consumer TV. I have a SCART cable and two different RGB->Component converters on their way, and as I said, the GBS board with some misc stuff and the wifi board.

Good choice, I set one up about a year ago. It takes no time at all and the output looks great. Just be careful of PSU choice if you're tapping power off of the GBS for the ESP8266 - I originally used a 12v PSU out of convenience since the GBS takes in 5v-12v. It worked great for awhile but it eventually fried the 8266 (good thing replacements are so cheap lol). I think what's recommended now is to just split power to both boards separately, but the Shmups thread is huge and hard to find concrete info in now.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Thanks for sharing dude. I've had my fair share of shmups via the PC Engine though not great at them (Star parodier being the only one I finished, the rest like Gate of Thunder and Final Soldier I've only gotten to the last stage). After playing Layer Section, it will def take some practice but it's gonna be fun practice for sure. Definitely not a walk in the park.

kaneda

n00b
Wanted to share images of an SC19 I picked up, but it won't let me. Oh well, guess the admins took away all my abilities. It's a nice restore.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wanted to share images of an SC19 I picked up, but it won't let me. Oh well, guess the admins took away all my abilities. It's a nice restore.

It's alright we can just google it.