Ironclad MVS Story

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I was in Vegas over the weekend visiting my brother. He took me to a video game store and this guy was selling MVS games. The guy had Ironclad on MVS and my brother looks at him and states, "That's a boot."

Owner goes, "No it's not."

Bro - "Yes it is. That game was never released on MVS, hence it's a boot."

Owner - "Exactly, you can't boot a game that was never released on the system for the first place."

Bro - "The game was farmed for data, the roms was burned on Eproms using other MVS hardware. It's not original, hence its a boot."

Owner - "MVS games get repaired all the time. I guess they're all boots too?"

I sat in the corner keeping to myself, because I wasn't going to buy that game, but it did amuse me.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Semantics is awesome...

If I repeat to myself... "This forum is not full of psycho's..."... I will eventually believe it...

xROTx

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Do I dare ask how much he was trying to sell that legit Ironclad MVS cart for...?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Don't head out with your brother and you won't have to hear stupid arguments. Sounds like he's an asshole.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't head out with your brother and you won't have to hear stupid arguments. Sounds like he's an asshole.

This. No one likes a know-it-all.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This. No one likes a know-it-all.

In their defense, it takes many years for know-it-alls to realize no one gives a fuck what's correct or not. And some know-it-alls live their whole lives not realizing they're insufferable. Pity them.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
In their defense, it takes many years for know-it-alls to realize no one gives a fuck what's correct or not. And some know-it-alls live their whole lives not realizing they're insufferable. Pity them.

All teachers get paid to know it all.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Naw, my brother is cool. He just didn't want some sap to get that game and think it was legit.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Is the owner no longer selling the game?

His brother quit his job and now stands outside this shop 24/7 with a sign saying "Ironclads are Boots".

Doing god's work.