Post Your Recent Purchases!

embergabor

New Challenger
Today's arrivals are 6 brand new (new old stock), sealed Bandridge Automatic scart switchers. This box cost $27 including shipping from Germany, which I think is a very good price. No idea about their quality though.
IMG_0595k.jpg

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Today's arrivals are 6 brand new (new old stock), sealed Bandridge Automatic scart switchers. This box cost $27 including shipping from Germany, which I think is a very good price. No idea about their quality though.

I bought one of those switches a couple of years ago and sadly for me the one I had noticeably dimmed the image, but back then the RGB cables I was using were probably not as good as the fully shielded ones I now have. Hopefully it works better for you, I do have the 5-port manual version and that one works perfectly.

embergabor

New Challenger
I bought one of those switches a couple of years ago and sadly for me the one I had noticeably dimmed the image, but back then the RGB cables I was using were probably not as good as the fully shielded ones I now have. Hopefully it works better for you, I do have the 5-port manual version and that one works perfectly.

I had manual switchers but I wanted automatic ones. Dimming is not a big problem, I guess I can compensate for it with the OSSC's Pre-ADC Gain. Will check it out soon.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Yea, I had a automatic Bandridge Scart switch that degraded my image as well. Went back to using one of my cheapo manual 3 way ones and now I get much brighter picture.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Yea, I had a automatic Bandridge Scart switch that degraded my image as well. Went back to using one of my cheapo manual 3 way ones and now I get much brighter picture.

and that is the only 3 way you've had or will have...

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Grabbed an F3 multi... fuck it. I hate changing those carts out. Thing looks beautiful if my cat would stop sleeping on the box...

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I snagged these for 25 shipped on eBay. I wish everyone would send out cases like this. These are all in fantastic shape disc-wise too.

157571969011702377.jpg

2348547944518293980.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I snagged these for 25 shipped on eBay. I wish everyone would send out cases like this. These are all in fantastic shape disc-wise too.

View attachment 51959

View attachment 51960

All are solid fun games, nice price on them. The only way that lot could have been better is if Duke3D was the Atomic Edition, but it's a great lot nonetheless. My favorite would be Quake II, I lost track of how many times I've completed it since I got it copied on a Verbatim CD from a friend in 1998. Still have that bitrotted-to-death disk.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Are people starting to build period-accurate XP machines? I've got some decent Corsair RAM and an AGP GPU and I'd rather thembe used than get recycled. (I also have a P4 CPU (motherboard is dead) but I was never super happy with it because it runs really hot. It's a Prescot, which was supposed to be the Pentium 5, but it wasn't good enough so they never pursued that line.)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's a solid collection there. Lots of memories and hours spent on those games.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
@3rdStrikeMike Really nice score there. Those bring back a lot of memories.

I had a ton of fun playing Dark Forces. So well done for the time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Mech Warrior 2, holy shit. I could still remember that cool thumping sound that the Mech's would make when they would walk or run. A great selection of old PC games in that bundle.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I vividly remember some songs from Mechwarrior 2. Pretty obsessed with mechs tbh, haha.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Descent was a fun game.
What is your game of choice in this pickup?

If It would have been the Atomic Edition of Duke I would say that, but probably a tie between Quake 1 and Dark Forces. Those two really blew me away when I first saw them when I was younger. We had a Software Etc. in the mall here that had a PC that at one point had Duke Nukem 3D and Quake demos when they first came out. Those just left me in awe after first seeing them. It's so weird to think they had a demo PC set up with mature games you could just come up and play. It was certainly a different time. I played Dark Forces at some weird church youth group thing. That was also the same place I saw Doom for the first time. We also went to see the movie Seven in that youth group. They must have been desperate young followers back then. Anyways, Dark Forces brings back a lot of great memories.

The one in the pic should include the Doom 3 preview on a separate disc.

You are correct sir :-J

Appreciate the comments guys. I just wish more people would post poorly titled auctions of collections this nice :keke:

Here is an update on my Windows 98 build. I ended up snagging some Roland Micro Monitors. These are super clean. Really lucked out on this deal. They don't have the Roland logo on the speaker grill, so my elite retro status is trash. Got a hell of a deal. A pair with the logo in worse shape went for 4.5 times more when I snatched these on eBay. These went under the radar with only a couple bids. The guy who sold them said he got them from his roommate who was just going to throw them away.

P.S. Another Voodoo II is on the way and an ASUS motherboard. Both are new :D

1803926905195438086.jpg

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
18865147c09d62a29e88e0be06f74d87.jpg
abcc625c14296656d78c65270d761ab5.jpg

Got a new AES controller for my CMVS. I’ve usually used custom or played on my Dynamo cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

embergabor

New Challenger
I had manual switchers but I wanted automatic ones. Dimming is not a big problem, I guess I can compensate for it with the OSSC's Pre-ADC Gain. Will check it out soon.
Just a small feedback. There is a bit of dimming but raising the PreADC Gain from 8 to 9 is fine. Also the Bandridge works with the ps2's component output through scart cable so I I can use one less input on the OSSC (ps1, ps2, snes goes to the scart switcher). Sadly the Wii doesn't handle component through scart.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Got a new AES controller for my CMVS. I’ve usually used custom or played on my Dynamo cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice condition - the gold writing is still there mostly! Just need to get any standard balltop now for it :)