Street Fighter X Tekken

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
No its not.

According to threads I've read, it actually is. Some (a lot?) of the on-disc DLC characters are missing animations and are fundamentally broken (in a gameplay/balance sense). Seems like they put the essential data on there to minimize what is needed for the download once they actually release the DLC unlock codes. There will probably be additional changes that need to be made between now and then.

Just a guess from what I've read...

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
According to threads I've read, it actually is. Some (a lot?) of the on-disc DLC characters are missing animations and are fundamentally broken (in a gameplay/balance sense). Seems like they put the essential data on there to minimize what is needed for the download once they actually release the DLC unlock codes. There will probably be additional changes that need to be made between now and then.

Just a guess from what I've read...

They were officially released as DLC on the 13th for PS3. Mega Man and Pac Man are "finished".

cannonball

15 Year Member
So, the Brady guide is pretty bad IMO. Inaccurate frame data, non practical combo suggestions, missing information (Kazuya EWGF isn't even mentioned in the guide at all). This was the first fighting game guide I've ever bought, so I'm not sure if this is standard fare or not, but I'm kind of disappointed. I do appreciate a lot of the information though.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/16/set...eet-fighter-x-tekkens-dlc-and-future-patches/

UPDATE: Capcom just announced what DLC would be free and the prices for those that aren’t. They also mention that the development team is hard at work patching out the infinites that have recently been discovered, as well as the online sound issues that have plagued the game since its release.
Hot on the heels of its March 6 release date, SFxT is about to kick off regular updates – meant to keep the experience fresh all through the year – with a blend of free and paid DLC. There’s a whole bunch o’ content coming, so let’s break it all down…
Up first on April 3 are Swap Costumes that take the “alternate costume” DLC idea one step further – instead of offering basic alts, these outfits cross the fashion line by dressing SF characters as Tekken characters and vice versa. See Raven dress as Guy, Cammy as King and uh, Kuma as R. Mika…(?)
Swap Costumes are available for $1.00 (80 Microsoft Points) each, or if you wanna dive in for the whole assortment you can pick up the Street Fighter or Tekken collection packs for $13.00 (1040 MSP) each – buying one pack saves $6.00, grabbing both saves $12.00. April 3 also brings three free color packs, each containing four new additions to the palette for added customization options. Topping off the April 3 additions are three new quick combos, making for a total of five pre-programmed attack patterns. While spamming these pre-set combos is tempting, don’t forget each use saps some of your Cross Gauge!
Shortly after those items arrive, look for a free tournament support title update that will add a new and faster way to select your gems from the versus screen via a dial system. We’ll actually run a live stream this Monday at 4pm PT to show off this update, so head to our Twitch TV page for details. The tournament update will also include improvements to the online sound issues discussed in Ayano-san’s earlier blog.
Looking just a few more weeks beyond the tournament support addition, the next big wave is a massive selection of free content delivered as a title update. This includes three new Assist Gem packs and six new Boost Gem packs, which add over 60 gems to the selection pool. This sizable infusion of new gems exponentially increases the customization options for every player, so we should see some interesting new loadouts once this DLC arrives. To that point, we’re also tossing in three more gem slots per character in which you can save your preferred loadouts. Finally, this update comes complete with a free replay analyzer, which enables you to dissect each fighters’ vital statistics.
The biggest additions come soon after the PlayStation Vita version launches later this year – the 12 characters debuting on Vita will come to consoles as a $20.00 (1600 MSP) bundle. I know many were worried past character pricing would push the cost of this update sky high, so I’m happy to say Blanka, Sakura, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Alisa, Bryan, Christie, Jack, Lars and Lei will not break the bank.
One additional note – the dev team is also already working on solutions to the infinite combos currently making the rounds on YouTube, and will have them patched up once these other updates are out the door.
I know this was a massive wall of text, so for further clarity, here’s everything we discussed above. This all begins on April 3 with Swap Costumes, color packs and quick combos, and then rolls out over the next several weeks:
FREE
Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each
PAID
Swap Costumes – $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
DLC characters – $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters

So it looks like their giving the colors for the character maker and Gems for free rather then charging for them. And they took four dollars off what everybody thought they were going to do for characters, so 20 bucks for all 12 characters. I would have liked it if you could pick n' choose the ones you want to unlock. It seemed like they were going to do the characters in four packs since you'd need the others for rival battles. I really wanted Brian/Jack and Guy/Cody.

Nothing about Pac-Man and Megaman but as I said I think they'll do five dollars for both of them, unless they get a lot of flack from this and give them away for free for 360 players, which I highly doubt.

Kinda knew it was going to be free colors and gems since everybody was pissed about that. The dollar per extra costume sucks, remember a time when you could unlock things through playing the actual game? The extra gems don't mean anything when their going to implement a system in to ban them. I don't even bother equipping them because of that. They'll just be banned from using them anyway, so why do it?

Hopefully putting the sound back in won't lag up the game. Most of my online matches have been pretty smooth except for the sound cutting in and out.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i really have a hard time deciding if this game is good online or not, the sound isn't the biggest deal, it's definitely weird and it fucks me up for a few games but I adapt. I guess I can't complain as it's great compared to a certain other game I've bitched about for the last several months...

good to see the DLC will be cheaper, I was getting tired of all the bitching... but I guess the bitching paid off for me this time:)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So, the Brady guide is pretty bad IMO. Inaccurate frame data, non practical combo suggestions, missing information (Kazuya EWGF isn't even mentioned in the guide at all). This was the first fighting game guide I've ever bought, so I'm not sure if this is standard fare or not, but I'm kind of disappointed. I do appreciate a lot of the information though.

99.9% of fighting game guides are trash, and outdated by the time they even hit the street. The only reason to even have them is to read on the can, or something. Or, at the very least, give you an idea of a starting point. Since the game is so new and the engine is so different, I'd imagine that it'd be good to have just for the explanation, but then again, Maximilian has created a series of videos that go into explaining pretty much everything regarding the system, and they're available for free on youtube:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Max has some really good shit on his channel. He breaks things down and shows you how to do things. Unless you care about trophies or gamer score just watch his intro videos then running the tutorial.

Also, saw this on SRK before. People found a way to play online as the unlockable characters. But the video has a fucking beastly Hugo. Holy shit!

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Max has some really good shit on his channel. He breaks things down and shows you how to do things. Unless you care about trophies or gamer score just watch his intro videos then running the tutorial.

Also, saw this on SRK before. People found a way to play online as the unlockable characters. But the video has a fucking beastly Hugo. Holy shit!

Love it. I'll be on tonight!

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
43968164.png

cannonball

15 Year Member
I got a trophy last night for losing about 5 ranked matches in a row. It looks like you can't rank down, even when your points get embarrassingly low. Since we're sharing accomplishments ;)

cannonball

15 Year Member
This thread dead already?

Still haven't nailed down a team I like, but I put in a few hours in training mode with Raven last night and I think I'll stick with him.

Overall, I think this game would be so much better if it didn't have the l -> m -> h -> launcher magic series.

edit: what I mean by that is I think you should have to work harder to do a safe tag.

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
edit: what I mean by that is I think you should have to work harder to do a safe tag.

Rush your opponent to the point that they wait to quick rise and use that to do a soft tag. I'm done with this for now, might pick it back up later down the line but I've got other games on my plate to deal with.

Like a true jedi master.

Scowling Adachi tells me you're just mad bro.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Rush your opponent to the point that they wait to quick rise and use that to do a soft tag.

Exactly, among plenty of other ways that involve and don't involve spending meter. The whole magic series thing is way too easy mode.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've been dicking around with different teams. Haven't played a ranked match because I fear getting some dipshit screaming at me because my main is Hugo. I've seen some people pair him up with Rolento, but I've also been using Raven along with him. I just need to figure out followups for after I get the crossover rush tag in. Most of the time when I do it I end up just letting the combo drop because I have no idea what to follow it up with.

Reality Check

World Hero
Overall, I think this game would be so much better if it didn't have the l -> m -> h -> launcher magic series.

I like the magic series. It comes in handy for the tekken characters as they can go into regular magic series from their target combos.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I don't know where the sfxt online thread went, but I got this game and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
based on the replays i've seen, and lots of other broken shit, this game looks terrible

gonna stick with AE2012 for now i think

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This game is so much harder to be good in then any SFIV title. Its a great game.