Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks like a cheap piece of crap.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks like a cheap piece of crap.

Really though its simply the case and other components like switches, sockets etc. The entire thing otherwise is just a 1C with a nice little breakout board. I'd say a lot of people couldn't do any better that's for sure.

samdiep

n00b
I brought one of these from ebay and arrived a couple of days ago. I wasn't too happy with it. Mines have these faint vertical lines that moves left and gives it a kind of weird wavy look to it . Sometimes it would work perfectly for several minutes. Will have to contact the seller on ebay. Looking at the picture of your board, it looks like one of the edges of my board is chipped. It probably just the guy who I brought it from ebay that sold me a bad one.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I couldn't find it either, but another style is still up for sale

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
I cancelled my supergun order after they didn’t ship for 12 days.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I brought mines from japangameonline on ebay.

$350 + $40 for shipping? Ouch ... The model with PlayStation controller support is still up for sale on Ali for $186 + the insane $62 for express shipping, which seems to be the only option. As a side-note, it's funny how a store peddling Chinese crap is called Japangameonline while shipping from Spain.

I cancelled my supergun order after they didn’t ship for 12 days.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. I was curious to hear all about that supergun.

Loukey

n00b
Thanks for description of the issue. Almost sounds like a grounding issue. I wonder if the rear plug-in board is of poor design. That would quash my hopes of a cheaper cmvs.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Anyone get one of these in yet?

I ordered one from that organharvest place but according to the seller, they need 20 days to make it since he said they don't make it until it's ordered, supposedly. He's got less than 10 days now before I get my refund.

Jamesf1

n00b
Did anyone else purchase one of these? I am looking at one of the Japangameonline units on Ebay but am unsure if it is any good.

Any other suggestions as to who/where it is best to purchase a consolized MVS (I am UK based if it makes any difference)
?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Did anyone else purchase one of these? I am looking at one of the Japangameonline units on Ebay but am unsure if it is any good.

Any other suggestions as to who/where it is best to purchase a consolized MVS (I am UK based if it makes any difference)
?

Just get XianXi to make you one http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/ Going to be way better quality than one of these AliExpress units and if you have questions you can actually get help unlike these machines.

Jamesf1

n00b
Thanks for the suggestion. Any decent builders/suppliers in the EU - otherwise end up paying VAT and import duty on top. Although I have been looking at an Omega but they look pricey and not sure how accurate the wait times are.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kinda wish they'd fit a socket for the BIOS instead of hardwiring the UniBIOS :/

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Are they using a legit SNK MVS board?

Yes, someone posted in the Recent Purchase thread that they got theirs in. It has genuine Neo hardware, but uses the free UniBIOS, which is shady.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
It has genuine Neo hardware, but uses the free UniBIOS, which is shady.

To be fair, they are using the free version of UniBIOS, which saves the potential buyer the trouble of installing one themselves. I totally get where you're coming from and Raz deserves all the support he can get for the amazing work he's doing, but at least they're not using a legit copy.

Now I have to check out the recently bought thread. I hope the person who bought it took better pictures than the seller.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
From about the 3:30 min mark in the vid this guy mentions that his OSSC was damaged after hooking it up with that consolized MVS.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
From about the 3:30 min mark in the vid this guy mentions that his OSSC was damaged after hooking it up with that consolized MVS.

I came here to post this same video. Dude is pretty legit so it sucks that happened.

mdd45

n00b
Upon inspecting more I think that the problem is that he may used a saturn csync rgb scart cable for an ntsc console. Those are built differently than the ones for Euro saturn. The pinout is different. So he accidentally fed ossc with a dc input and not with a sync and that blew something on ossc. Maybe there is a diode on ossc that is fried or it is something worse...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Upon inspecting more I think that the problem is that he may used a saturn csync rgb scart cable for an ntsc console. Those are built differently than the ones for Euro saturn. The pinout is different. So he accidentally fed ossc with a dc input and not with a sync and that blew something on ossc. Maybe there is a diode on ossc that is fried or it is something worse...

Um, I might be wrong, but there is no NTSC scart Saturn cable. Are you talking about JP21?