Neo-Geo cd system resets

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I am on my second DD disk and I get the same fucking thing. Somebody please tell me why! Power supply goes in nice and tight, not a cdr...

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Im in the same boat as well. I have a JAP top loader system with 14 games (original) and on most games a few minutes into playing it resets with that i/o error. I made a post in the tech sipport forum but no responses yet:(

Hopefully I can get this fixed I would eventually like to sell all my CD stuff.

a_bomb

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It mostly comes down to a read error, either dirty lens and very possible a weakend laser.

fsporsche

n00b
Hello everyone....

I just bought a neo geo cd unit and it works perfect on the 12 original games i bought....But as for double dragon i do get occassional error/or it does reboot system...This is what i did to fix the issue...I bought a cd\cleaning kit which removes all particles and most not so deep scratches....It pretty much polishes the cd and no more issues....
Just a idea to help our fellow neo geo fans.....

Fred:multi_co:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Double Dragon is a known problem on the Neo CD. Factory or copy it has a high failure percentage. And it's only DD that does it.

ltpitt

n00b
Hi all!

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm sorry because I've bothered on another thread before finding this one.

I have neo geo cd and a LOT of games work perfectly (all originals) only double dragon reboots my console.
And it used to work!

I would like to try to copy my original and test if the copy is working...
But burners nowadays are much to fast, right?
I'd need a 1x...

Hi!
I got the same problem too and even after so many years I can't find out what causes my console to reset while loading DD. I have a couple orinigal CDs and they load and work alright. For some reason specifically DD resets at 1/3 of a loading bar.
Has anybody found a solution for this problem?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Hi!
I got the same problem too and even after so many years I can't find out what causes my console to reset while loading DD. I have a couple orinigal CDs and they load and work alright. For some reason specifically DD resets at 1/3 of a loading bar.
Has anybody found a solution for this problem?

I would try burning a copy of double dragon from a verified source (don't just copy yours as it may have disc rot or some other type of damage). I state this as a lot of the CD images online are kinda garbage.I would also try playing the disc in a emulator to verify it works and see if it hangs in the same place. If you're playing burned copies your laser might not like the type of media you use so it might be worth a shot to try another brand.

Other than that I would also recommend cleaning the laser eye with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol gently.

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I have the same fucking problem. I just bought a second authentic DD game and tried it in my jap system, same fucking shit. I’ve got like 10 other Neo Geo CD games and they all work flawlessly. I’m so pissed that this one game seems defective straight from the factory. I just need to get it for the MVS or AES and be done with it.

Last edited: