most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
It's gonna take Nicotine, Sieger or Kuroko for me to buy this for retail price and I can safely assume the DLC will include none of them.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I’m fine with Rimu being the first character. Now give me Basara.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
it's a dlc

before the game is released?

You guys sure

it's a DLC?

Seems like it's just on the disc and you have to pay to play more.

p(l)ay more.

Why not just pack in all the characters and sell it for more?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At least they're giving the season pass for free with pre-orders, so it's a wash for those that do.

Still, not a great look.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
At least they're giving the season pass for free with pre-orders, so it's a wash for those that do.

Still, not a great look.

ehhh. We get to know one DLC character now, and probably the rest after EVO. I'm not sweating it to much. Plus its 4 characters for free.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I think the release dates of the characters were either announced or leaked sometime ago, with the first character releasing 2 months after launch (August) and the other three 2 months apart (October, December, February).

Now we have all those people clamouring for cham cham and mina and rera and iroha and whatnot ..... I've even seen many anime guest character requests too.

Uh well, whatever, internet.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
so basically, they are brigadiering their own site with requests for models they already made and are ready to sell people afterwards in order to keep the game current and themselves competitive?

Like their metal slug attack where they release a new unit for purchase each week, without which you can't compete for shit.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
so basically, they are brigadiering their own site with requests for models they already made and are ready to sell people afterwards in order to keep the game current and themselves competitive?

Like their metal slug attack where they release a new unit for purchase each week, without which you can't compete for shit.

Yeah but that model won't work exactly with the FGC. They will abandon the game real quick.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I take it you've never heard of Smash Bros? Been doing exactly that for years.

Jon

The same players that play SF, Samsho, GG, MK don't play smash. different set of players

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Can Smash even be considered a fighting game? It's more of a brawler.

Fett

Camel Slug
Looking forward to the day I can buy a COMPLETE fighting game again...

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
What is a COMPLETE fighting game? Street Fighter III: NG came out Feb 97, Second Impact came out Sept 97. There was also the same gap between the release of SF Zero and SF Zero 2. Paid incremental updates have been happening in the videogame industry since forever...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What is a COMPLETE fighting game? Street Fighter III: NG came out Feb 97, Second Impact came out Sept 97. There was also the same gap between the release of SF Zero and SF Zero 2. Paid incremental updates have been happening in the videogame industry since forever...

SFIII2nd and SFA2 are not DLC equivalent.

And most of all, this version of SS is not a neo geo game. It's a PS4 or XB game.

NGH-045

n00b
Galford is actually my favorite character from the series. I also loved how the detailed Poppy over the years, like being all scarred up, showing signs of many fights.