Terry - Slappin' Some Ass (Literally)

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
So, I go to Kotaku this morning to check gaming news and I see this.

https://kotaku.com/why-does-this-snk-allstar-ad-even-exist-1845501095

The Facebook ad, it seems, has already been taken down so all we're left with is this gif from Kotaku and...questions.

As a 25 year Terry Bogard fanboy, this doesn't even fit his personality. Anyone see the full ad? I hate these trash mobile games - but they make money, I guess.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've always thought Terry was a butt slapper.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So, I go to Kotaku this morning to check gaming news and I see this.

https://kotaku.com/why-does-this-snk-allstar-ad-even-exist-1845501095

The Facebook ad, it seems, has already been taken down so all we're left with is this gif from Kotaku and...questions.

As a 25 year Terry Bogard fanboy, this doesn't even fit his personality. Anyone see the full ad? I hate these trash mobile games - but they make money, I guess.

Yo whats up yagamikun! Been a Terry Bogard fan since day 1 and even named my son after the character. Though it is from the old Fatal Fury tv special anime (which is not canon), there is a precedence:

5C7BBF56-2912-475C-810E-B3E89224B9EC.jpeg

tenor.gif

Time marker 6:50-6:55
https://youtu.be/cyGJ5_janc0

As a japanese anime from 1992, the scene is just played for a quick humorous gag. Characters like the lecherous Master Roshi from Dragon Ball were also played for laughs in cartoons and stories aimed at kids. It was a different time and a different culture, but there was indeed a precedent for the gag as far as Terry goes.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
oh no the misogyny at display here
better post on resetera about this

not only does he slap kula's underaged ass, but also his brother's waifu, terry's got some big balls.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Today we have further proof that Terry is an ass man. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’m so triggered, will someone think of all the women, especially those who don’t yet identify as women.

I mean, fucking hell guys, seriously...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Ass slapping needs to be Terry’s new taunt in Smash Bros Ultimate

Though if they included Yuri as a character, she’d be slapping her own ass

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Fuck kotaku and their bullshit "journalism"
All they do is sit around looking to get triggered, or articles based on how something makes them "feel".

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Terry aside, the problem.with Kotaku is they aren't just a gaming site. They're basically advocating a certain general "nerd" lifestyle. Games, anime, comics, sci-fi, loot crates. They end up acting as gatekeeper for what is cool for that crowd, whether they mean to or not. The few times I tried looking through headlines there, I had to skip through so much bullshit that they seemed to assume I would care about.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Terry aside, the problem.with Kotaku is they aren't just a gaming site. They're basically advocating a certain general "nerd" lifestyle. Games, anime, comics, sci-fi, loot crates. They end up acting as gatekeeper for what is cool for that crowd, whether they mean to or not. The few times I tried looking through headlines there, I had to skip through so much bullshit that they seemed to assume I would care about.

As far as I'm concerned, the "nerd" lifestyle is wearing a pocket protector and hiking your pants up over your belly button.

Maybe, Kotaku writes more about the "loser" lifestyle. I don't know though, I think I've only browsed the site twice.

Anyway, maybe Terry will get super canceled and the second bankruptcy of "SNK" will be caused over this article.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
The animation in this ad is absolute garbage, pretty much the norm for these shitty Chinese ads we get for the mobile games of today. It's similar to those god awful Mafia City ads.

At least it depicts something from the game sort of. Having said all of these, is some of the funniest shit I've seen recently, being official makes it even better.

I know it's a travesty, but I'd like to see more of these made, the game is at least doing fine and it makes SNK money, so if this is needed for the next KOF, or hell even a new Fatal Fury, fuck it, it's fine by me and also entertaining.

Edit: This is SNK's official statement regarding this ad:

snk.png

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
The animation in this ad is absolute garbage, pretty much the norm for these shitty Chinese ads we get for the mobile games of today. It's similar to those god awful Mafia City ads.

At least it depicts something from the game sort of. Having said all of these, is some of the funniest shit I've seen recently, being official makes it even better.

I know it's a travesty, but I'd like to see more of these made, the game is at least doing fine and it makes SNK money, so if this is needed for the next KOF, or hell even a new Fatal Fury, fuck it, it's fine by me and also entertaining.

Edit: This is SNK's official statement regarding this ad:

View attachment 58137

Oh hell if this was the 80s, Nobody would have blinked twice at this shit. Seriously people need to find something really worth bitching about. Not this. If it was a girl running around slapping men's asses, Nobody would have cared.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oh hell if this was the 80s, Nobody would have blinked twice at this shit. Seriously people need to find something really worth bitching about. Not this. If it was a girl running around slapping men's asses, Nobody would have cared.

Yep!

giphy.gif

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Young Terry was a bit of a troll and I could see him doing this.

Just read some of his earlier win quotes.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
As far as I'm concerned, the "nerd" lifestyle is wearing a pocket protector and hiking your pants up over your belly button.

Maybe, Kotaku writes more about the "loser" lifestyle. I don't know though, I think I've only browsed the site twice.

Anyway, maybe Terry will get super canceled and the second bankruptcy of "SNK" will be caused over this article.

Where’s the like button? I like this post!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
As lame as the ad was, it was even lamer to remove it.

The author of the article bringing up Kula being 14 years old is a fag move.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
As lame as the ad was, it was even lamer to remove it.

The author of the article bringing up Kula being 14 years old is a fag move.
Isn't 14 legal in Japan?

Is so, that journalist is insensitive to other countries cultural norms. Bigot .

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member

This right here. That's the problem with a lot of outlets that concern themselves with what has come to be termed "retro gaming". They lump all this other lame shit in with it and make people feel like it's all part of a big package. Can't stomach anything Kotaku does. Especially when a game comes out and they put this tagline on their review of it: "(insert shitty game name here) - The Kotaku Review". Hilariously self-important of them.

Imagine a time where liking arcade games automatically translates into liking Dr. Who or some shit... What a time to be alive.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
can we get a compilation of Terry Bogard ass slappin? And maybe a good animation of Blue Mary topless from RBFF?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Terry's animation looks like pasted stills of Playmobil figurines lol