Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

Rev330

n00b
My Collector’s Edition arrived, and I must say that in a world dominated by digital media, this book is a Godsend. This isn’t going to be tucked away on some bookshelf someplace so that it’s minty and looks good… This book is heading straight to the coffee table! I want my guests to be able to pour over the gorgeous art (both sprite and pen) that made the Neo-Geo stand out when compared to the likes of the SNES and Genesis.

This is something that ANYBODY who supported SNK in the past and still love the console should own. Forget about sitting in front of a monitor and scrolling through stuff. Hit the couch, grab a drink and flip through the memories and perhaps even new information the internet never provided. I’ll probably wind up framing the posters, I see no need to keep them hidden away.

The closest thing I have to a complaint would be the snugness when pulling the book from the case, but I've encountered the same with game cartridges and that didn't keep me from playing them either.

To everyone who worked on this excellent product, thank you. To the publishers and those who supplied everything within (be it in person or online) thank you for creating such an awesome item.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
arrived! happy!

i know i have to loose some weight, but sending me a L when i asked two times for a XL is pure provocation.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
To everyone who worked on this excellent product, thank you. To the publishers and those who supplied everything within (be it in person or online) thank you for creating such an awesome item.

This x1000 :buttrock:

kevlo9

New Challenger
Mine arrived today (collector's edition)! AMAZING! Such a great product! Packaging was also top notch! SO STOKED!!!

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Mine's due from the flying DHL van at some point today as well.

Very excited to get a hold of it.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
My book came in & it's SO HEAVY! Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. I would have liked a little bit more on the Hyper Neo Geo 64 & Pocket Color, but other than that it's perfect. thinking of buying a small frame to put that NAM poster on a wall somewhere. It's just small enough for me to fit it in between a few of my other neo geo stuff.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
DHL delivered a hefty package with all 3 versions from Mega at the top and Standard at the bottom with the Collector's sandwiched in between. Everything was packed great and in immaculate condition. Can't wait to dive in and explore this tome!

A big congratulations and thanks to frazer and everyone else involved with this along with Bitmap Books! Any chance a 2nd volume could be in the works in a couple years?

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Received my Mega edition a few days ago... the book is amazing and the effort that Frazer, Turfy and Massi have put into this is obvious... the quality and the unseen stuff is really great to see.

Well done guys...

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
A big congratulations and thanks to frazer and everyone else involved with this along with Bitmap Books! Any chance a 2nd volume could be in the works in a couple years?

It is a lovely book. But it's also such a tease too - you just want more. No criticism on the breadth of this book at all, but I certainly think there's room for a couple more tomes if the creators could face doing anymore at some point. It's a great mix too - hardware/software/concept/promo - no sense of trying to fill a book, no sense of cramming stuff in, everything has room to breath, and it's a great quality product.

...The only matter-of-opinion oddity I caught was the captioning over the last resort box art looking a bit different to the rest of the general layouts, but it's so minor you'd have to be some obsessive retard to even notice it... if anything that just speaks to how perfectly done the rest of the book feels.

Pretty much the best system book ever. Does what it says on the tin. Isn't some angst ridden nerd tome. Perfectly accessible. Never try and explain what the neo geo is again - just tell hand whoever you're talking to this book. Perfect.

Last edited:

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Got mine today.
I finally have something to jam under my cab to make it stop wobbling.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Got mine today, quick question, will reading it harm its resale value?

Games you can't play. Rugs you can't walk on. Books you can't read.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Who is still out delivering packages at 10:15pm on a Monday? DHL apparently.

06f4dbc023ffd6534db36940e382c2f5.jpg

The book looks absolutely lovely. I'm looking forward to spending some time with it this week.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Received my Mega Edition today.

Huge thanks to Frazer, Sam, Brian and Massimiliano for their hard work. I just spent an hour flicking through it, I'm really looking forward to putting some serious time into it.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Got my books today. Nice packaging even though DPD made sure to try and smash up the package. Books survived though.

Seems like I'm missing the pin badge. Got two books but only only pin badge.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Got mine today, a couple of days earlier than expected.Perfectly packed. Just gave it a quick look at work, it looks fantastic at first glance. Hope the text quality is as good as its presentation ;)
Congrats to all those involved in this!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Got my books today. Nice packaging even though DPD made sure to try and smash up the package. Books survived though.

Seems like I'm missing the pin badge. Got two books but only only pin badge.

I thought only the mega edition came with the pin badge? And... it's supposed to be one mega edition per household... so....