Midwest Gaming Classic 2017

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, the drive to and back sucked. On the way back, a Mercedes pulled out from behind Carlson and switched to the left lane...going way too fast. He ended up totalling the car and nearly drove back into Carlson's lane before hitting the guard rail. (FYI, it was raining cats and dogs) We're both OK but, I seriously thought that might be my last MGC.

I wasn't too thrilled with Sat. The vendor's room was doubling as the place they held concerts and the stupid cosplay contest so, sales were not good for anyone.

Sun was a blast. Carlson decided to grab-bag all the junk FC, SFC, and GB he had in $10 bags. Every single one sold (we had 27) plus, we were giving deals to just about everybody. Really fun atmosphere and really therapeutic for me to get to talk to and hang with all the people who stopped by the booth.

I won't go into detail but, I've been extremely depressed/stressed out lately and, Sunday may have been one of the happiest days I've had in recent memory.:D I really needed it.

Jon

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Did anyone play Dark Presence at the Galloping Ghost booth? I heard less than flattering reviews.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Did anyone play Dark Presence at the Galloping Ghost booth? I heard less than flattering reviews.

Yea, that game is shit. Not only does it look like ass, but it runs like ass too.

I LOL everytime I see that game.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Yea, that game is shit. Not only does it look like ass, but it runs like ass too.

I LOL everytime I see that game.

Yeah, I agree. I hate to say it since I really like the Galloping Ghost guys. I'm sure it's cool for them and they had a lot of fun with the development, but it's really pretty much unplayable. I tried to play but walked away before the second round.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
It looks like Vape Juice: The Arcade Game so I didn't have high expectations, but they've been working on it for almost a decade now.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
anyone gotz the pics?

I couldnt find any real footage of the game, but here is a info video from about 5 years ago with some stills from the game.

imagine some of those stills moving at about 14FPS and then add about 2 weeks of input lag and you have the complete experience.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
My convention ended with driving an undisclosed neo member to the hospital.
Spoiler:
don't worry. He's fine.

I am disappoint at your lack of pics...

Elijah Craig strikes again?

Maybe if you'd gone Ope you'd know wtf happened.

I'm so bummed I had to work :crying:

Dude, I drove the fuck out there. How is it that you couldn't drag your ass out there? You missed something i brought out there that put this face on Bartre
maxresdefault.jpg

I'd bet it woulda given you the same reaction too

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Shit. I missed this because I was low on money when the time rolled around to book a hotel. I could've made it with my tax money but it's too late. Oh well - at least 2D con is around the corner.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
I spent most of the time in the TurboFest room since it's my comfort zone, but a couple Neo Geo people came by to check out the room and play my little game. I wish I knew who they were on here, but say hi if you see this. :) This was my second MGC and I had a lot of fun. I will try and go every year for sure!

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I spent most of the time in the TurboFest room since it's my comfort zone, but a couple Neo Geo people came by to check out the room and play my little game. I wish I knew who they were on here, but say hi if you see this. :) This was my second MGC and I had a lot of fun. I will try and go every year for sure!

Hey! That was me and 'Hellfromabove'. Hellfromabove was really happy to get a copy of your demo. Game looks and plays great, good job!

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Awesome! Good to know and thanks for letting me know who you are here :D Maybe we can hang out some more next year :)

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Hey! That was me and 'Hellfromabove'. Hellfromabove was really happy to get a copy of your demo. Game looks and plays great, good job!

Wait, hold up. That was Tush that was with you?

Ehhh, maybe he's lucky I didn't realize that's who he was. I would've given him a hard time for murdering that Neo Mini.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
This is a long shot, but if anyone here was a vendor that sold a purple GBA on Sunday for $30, I accidentally jacked the cartridge that I threw in there to test the system.

My kid brought it to my attention when we got home.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
good to hear it's a good time. Bummed I couldn't make it but the wife and I have a crap ton of people coming over for Easter. Hope everyone is having a good time!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
This is a long shot, but if anyone here was a vendor that sold a purple GBA on Sunday for $30, I accidentally jacked the cartridge that I threw in there to test the system.

My kid brought it to my attention when we got home.

Out of the Neo guys that I know were vendors Carlson might've had a GBA for sale. But it would've been a JP model as all he had was import stuff at his booth. He had the far half of the first booth island in the vendor tent by the board gaming area.

Cdamm knows erryone there so he might have a better idea if there was another Neo member there that mighta had GBAs for sale.

Last edited:

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Out of the Neo guys that I know were vendors Carlson might've had a GBA for sale. But it would've been a JP model as all he had was import stuff at his booth. He had the far half of the first booth island in the vendor tent by the board gaming area.

Cdamm knows erryone there so he might have a better idea if there was another Neo member there that mighta had GBAs for sale.

Yeah, it wasn't that first booth area. I think you're talking about the table with a bunch of Super Famicom games and the $10 grab bags on Sunday. This guy was down a little farther. I think he was a row or so down past the Windy table. On the side facing the entrance of the tent.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Yeah, it wasn't that first booth area. I think you're talking about the table with a bunch of Super Famicom games and the $10 grab bags on Sunday. This guy was down a little farther. I think he was a row or so down past the Windy table. On the side facing the entrance of the tent.

oh that jerk? fuck that guy. take the cart and run.