Hand made Neogeo Memory card

mygodess

n00b
IMG_1066.JPG
I designed a pcb but I need to test it before I make it.
Cause I soldered via my hands.

IMG_1067.JPG
Protection with yellow plastic board.
The memory is NVRam cause I don't need to change the battery.

IMG_1068.JPG
I checked the size with real one.

IMG_1070.JPG
Ended.
This one looks a little bit strange but it works well :)

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I was confused on why there was two threads but it's fine I suppose, keep making em and posting them (in a single thread preferrably!).

Do you have a Part No. or datasheet for that flash chip?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I was confused on why there was two threads but it's fine I suppose, keep making em and posting them (in a single thread preferrably!).

Do you have a Part No. or datasheet for that flash chip?

I also have this question and also what connector PN is used?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Would it be possible to directly replace the RAM in the original with a non volatile replacement?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Would it be possible to directly replace the RAM in the original with a non volatile replacement?

I checked the data sheets between the original SRAM chip and the FRAM chip used for this project, and the new FRAM chips all have 28 pins, while the original is 24. They have the same amount of I/O lines between the two, but the 28 pin FRAM chip has 15 address lines as opposed to 11 on the original. This isn’t exactly my forte so I’m not sure if it would work by only connecting 11 address lines to the FRAM chip. Someone could try, though.

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I’m not sure if it would work by only connecting 11 address lines to the FRAM chip. Someone could try, though.

If you did that you'd want to ground the unused address lines, otherwise they will be floating and randomly switch high or low which would generate invalid addresses when the SRAM is read or written.