How do say SNES?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So I was watching an unboxing video today of the SuperFami mini after I picked up my SNES mini. This motherfucker kept saying "snesss".

I googled and there are a bunch of fucking dipshits that call it this. Oh man, are there fucktwats here that call it "sness"?

It has always been Super Nintendo or S-N-E-S. I have never even thought of calling it let alone actually saying "Snes".

Wow. All these years.

I bet anyone here that calls it Snes also thinks shooters are SHMUPS, dip asses.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So I was watching an unboxing video today of the SuperFami mini after I picked up my SNES mini. This motherfucker kept saying "snesss".

I googled and there are a bunch of fucking dipshits that call it this. Oh man, are there fucktwats here that call it "sness"?

It has always been Super Nintendo or S-N-E-S. I have never even thought of calling it let alone actually saying "Snes".

Wow. All these years.

I bet anyone here that calls it Snes also thinks shooters are SHMUPS, dip asses.

No, it's some new school hipster shit. Probably some faggot youtuber who thought it was Snesss instead of S N E S, so all these other youtubers started calling it Snesss. I heard them say this as well.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
No, it's some new school hipster shit. Probably some faggot youtuber who thought it was Snesss instead of S N E S, so all these other youtubers started calling it Snesss. I heard them say this as well.

Well at least that's one member that's still worth a damn.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Nothing surprises me anymore

I just found out that NEC doesn't stand for Nintendo Entertainment Company!!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
SUPAH NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yup. Super NES or S-N-E-S. Snes is some dumb shit for people too lazy to say four syllables. I've heard Nes Classic as well (pronounced like the Earthbound kid).

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
"Ness" I can see, there's the main character from EarthBound like you said. Hell, there's even new NES-centric products that force you to say it as "ness". One that comes to mind is the RetroUSB CopyNES. I find it clunky to say "Copy En Ee Ess", seems more natural to say "CopyNess".

But "Sness"? That is just bad, there's no excuse for saying it like that.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I call it a "snesss"

YOU CAN ALL GOOD FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
autism-alert-card.jpg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
When I read "SNES" I read it as "sness" but I've always referred to it as "Super Nintendo."

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
"THE HIT SEGA GENESIS AND SUPER NES VIDEO GAME, NOW ON THE COMPUTER"

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
S-N-E-S
Only retards and cunts on youtube say snes

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Super Nintendo doesn't abbrieviate! In his name, each letter is as important as the one that preceded it. Maybe even *more* important... No, *as* important.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
dunno guys, in the uk we always celled it snez.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
dunno guys, in the uk we always celled it snez.

Yep, always just snes over here. As a kid I never once heard anyone say S-N-E-S, or Super Nintendo. Why use 4 or 5 syllables, when it's so convenient to just use the 1.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Maybe it's a regional thing as I really don't ever recall hearing anyone say S-N-E-S around here. And honestly saying it out loud like that seems super fuckin odd as it doesn't sound right at all as it's not something I hear around here.

Super Nintendo most of the time. Sness on occasion or if trying to be brief.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Definitely always remembering spelling it out, S-N-E-S. Of course Super Nintendo as well, but that goes without saying.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
"Super Nintendo"

Same here. To me, the NES was the "Nintendo" so I automatically called the new one the "Super Nintendo"

I had one buddy that called it "snesss", another that called it "Super", and another that called it the "Super nesss"