SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Not sure what you mean. My X plays authentic SNK gems on authentic SNK hardware. It puts out a gorgeous pic through S-Video to my CRT. Don't hate...CELEBRATE!!!

Might want to reel it in some... Your starting to sound delusional.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Not sure what you mean. My X plays authentic SNK gems on authentic SNK hardware. It puts out a gorgeous pic through S-Video to my CRT. Don't hate...CELEBRATE!!!
The way I read this, it came across as 100% sarcasm.

However, if I'm wrong on this then... ur mom?

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict

Athentic!??! Authentic?????? C'mon, let's be serious for a moment. You must be joking. Are you... serious? A portable machine, running an emulator that loads ROMs is authentic to you???

Hmm... you have problems.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Athentic!??! Authentic?????? C'mon, let's be serious for a moment. You must be joking. Are you... serious? A portable machine, running an emulator that loads ROMs is authentic to you???

Hmm... you have problems.

Nope. I'm good.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Does it not bother you that SNKP thinks it's garbage? Their name is on it and they're still telling you it's a turd, lol!

A gross misrepresentation of the facts, SNKP are basically saying we want more money or we're taking our ball home. They haven't made any comment whatsoever on the quality or otherwise of the NGX. Your taking this way too personal pipes, what started as tongue in cheek has spiraled into something of a manic episode or so it seems..

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
A gross misrepresentation of the facts, SNKP are basically saying we want more money or we're taking our ball home.

And where exactly do they state that? Seems you might be the one making a gross misrepresentation especially considering the NGX is a huge flop. Where's the NON-LIMITED edition that they promised since you seem to think this abomination is a huge cash cow for Tommo? That SNKP press release tells me that they're tired of having their name dragged through the mud and tarnished by those bumbling morons at Tommo. They managed to fuck up every single thing except for the box it comes in. Who wants to be associated with that?

Your taking this way too personal pipes..

Nah, this is business.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I expected Tommo and Blaze to silently erase every trace of the NGX from their websites and walk off into the sunset, but they're being ungrateful jackasses about it and putting up a fight. I really hope SNKP brings them to court and reaps a good settlement, though Western courts are biased against Asian companies (look at how Samsung vs. Apple turned out), so their chances wouldn't be too good.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Tommo are some fuckin' cockroaches that just wont die. They have gone in Tony Montana mode now just waiting for SNK P to storm their house. The world aint theirs. Never was. Just die already.

pipes

^
LOL! This is great stuff. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Will this utter failure finally be taken off life support?
Will Tommo continue to be allowed to sling excrement in the face of all those that cherish the real Neo Geo?

Hopefully we will have some answers soon.

smccd

New Challenger
It did generate threads such as this one.
I'm betting that in the future the NGX won't be as forgotten as most people here hope.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It did generate threads such as this one.
I'm betting that in the future the NGX won't be as forgotten as most people here hope.

It will be remembered in the same light at the N-Gage, R Zone, Virtual Boy, and whatever other shitty portables there have been.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
A random commenter in the kotaku article above suggests it was a ploy to drum up sales. Don't really believe that myself, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The whole situation is just sad. The X really could have been great. Glad I saved my money.

pipes

I'll do my best to make sure it's remembered, that is for certain. 10 years from now people will still need a good laugh. See, it's not just the fact that it was a failure (like some of the other shitty portables that have been mentioned), it's the way it failed and the series of fuck-ups that ensued, that's what should be celebrated for years to come. Sell your license to a band of incompetent idiots and voila!...........The Neo Geo X is born.

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
I used to hate the NGX but one night after playing it I went to the bar and just like that got a 3 way with 2 obese diabetic native american chicks...coincidence? I think not!! The confidence I gained through making such an awesome purchase gave me the courage to buy those water buffalos a round of old milwaukee and totally get my pimp on over a few stale bowls of happy hour popcorn and pickled eggs. Some have said it's powers can even cure AIDS!!