AES price

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Some game store on FB sold a gold system with king of the monsters 2 and fatal fury for 7 bills.

I am waaaaay outta touch with console prices. Haven't had one in like 10 years. Is that what the gold package is bringing in now?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Some game store on FB sold a gold system with king of the monsters 2 and fatal fury for 7 bills.

I am waaaaay outta touch with console prices. Haven't had one in like 10 years. Is that what the gold package is bringing in now?

some fagit on the TO discord bought a US AES with 1 controller and no games for $700, because he wanted the US bios. i'd say the guy on facebook got a deal.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
some fagit on the TO discord bought a US AES with 1 controller and no games for $700, because he wanted the US bios. i'd say the guy on facebook got a deal.

10 Bucks on that guy installing unibios anyway

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Complete Gold Systems have been expensive for awhile.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Even loose, the US bios systems are bringing about $700-800 these days. Boxed would be over a grand

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Complete Gold Systems have been expensive for awhile.
Damn. Had no idea. I was even surprised when I saw that the MVS Magician Lord was crazy high.

Oh well. I got the AES bug outta my system a while back. I'm good with MVS and my Arcade1Up lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn. Had no idea. I was even surprised when I saw that the MVS Magician Lord was crazy high.

Oh well. I got the AES bug outta my system a while back. I'm good with MVS and my Arcade1Up lol

Yea, the prices on some of these loose Mvs carts sell for as much as complete Aes copies but for the most part Mvs still is the way to go if you want the real deal without breaking the bank. Well, I shouldn't say without breaking the bank since alot of MVS games are over the $100+ mark now but still beats spending double or triple for some of your favorite Neo games on Aes.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Yea, the prices on some of these loose Mvs carts sell for as much as complete Aes copies but for the most part Mvs still is the way to go if you want the real deal without breaking the bank. Well, I shouldn't say without breaking the bank since alot of MVS games are over the $100+ mark now but still beats spending double or triple for some of your favorite Neo games on Aes.

I feel like even back when I started buying MVS in 2007, all the carts I wanted were over $100. Ninja Masters, TSS, MOTW were all pricey.

I don’t recall how much TSS and MOTW were back then, but Ninja Masters is surprisingly the same price.

Some stuff i see sell for stupid prices like KOTM now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I feel like even back when I started buying MVS in 2007, all the carts I wanted were over $100. Ninja Masters, TSS, MOTW were all pricey.

I don’t recall how much TSS and MOTW were back then, but Ninja Masters is surprisingly the same price.

Some stuff i see sell for stupid prices like KOTM now.

Back then you could buy brand new full kits for $150-200 of Sengoku 3, MOTW, KOF 2003 off Arcade Shock. Games like Samsho V Special and Viewpoint kits were $200-300. Alot of loose games could be bought on Ebay for under $100. MOTW was a $70-80 game and Ninja Masters was more or less the same.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I know I sold Ninja Masters' for like 150 here. I remember when complete new kits of Rage of the Dragons were selling on the Neo store for $35 haha

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I know I sold Ninja Masters' for like 150 here. I remember when complete new kits of Rage of the Dragons were selling on the Neo store for $35 haha

After watching the Neo store for a couple of years, as his stock drops his prices go up. Kinda funny actually

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Back then you could buy brand new full kits for $150-200 of Sengoku 3, MOTW, KOF 2003 off Arcade Shock. Games like Samsho V Special and Viewpoint kits were $200-300. Alot of loose games could be bought on Ebay for under $100. MOTW was a $70-80 game and Ninja Masters was more or less the same.

I remember holding off on Ninja Masters because all the offers I was getting was 120-150, and at the time I couldn’t afford that (I was like, 18 and working part time). Finally got a copy in 2018 for 125.

But yeah I remember Rage of the Dragon kits being SO cheap. Wish I got in on it then. I didn’t pay too much a few years back, but man.

Right now I feel like most of the MVS market isn’t too bad, most people think “Neo Geo? Oh that shit is $$” and don’t even look, so prices haven’t been fucking retarded.

They did start climbing in late 2017/early 2018. Around the same time those Chinese CMVSs were popping up on AliExpress and collectard YouTubers were praising the “CBOX”. I think that exposed a lot of these new collectards to MVS being actually affordable.

Hell, even the CBox is climbing in price. It was $180, and now $200 just gets you the acrylic and super gun, BYOB MVS board.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
we'll probably see a substantial decrease in the price of expensive Neo Geo games as a result of the economic fallout from Covid-19. Luxury items are going to be the first thing to go when people need money.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someone enlighten me why a US Bios Gold system is desirable?
Is it more compatible with something?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member

It's price is more as collectible than a functional item, and expensive for the same reasons why English games carry a premium.

Also, I imagine there are a bunch of newer collectors with more money than sense, who don't know you can modify a Japanese system to play games in English.

The_jake

n00b
I feel like on eBay at least, these games tend to sit at the prices the are asking. They’re all expensive, but it may drive prices closer to their natural range, as people try to dump this stuff. they haven’t even bothered to update that price guides anymore because there’s no rhyme or reason to any of this stuff at this time or a point.

Last edited:

The_jake

n00b

That and SDB kits new for I believe $50. Also the new old stock AES games that they found in a warehouse and had for sale for years at $35 each, sometimes less.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
That and SDB kits new for I believe $50. Also the new old stock AES games that they found in a warehouse and had for sale for years at $35 each, sometimes less.
Super Dodge Ball? Fuck!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

It replaces all of the various voice acting in Magical Drop III with a single uniform announcer for everyone. This vital change was made to be compatible with the religiously more conscious players, because they think that the idea of a groaning tower is blasphemous. It'll also change the red color of the blood in most games, following the trend set by Hitchcock in Psycho, where the sight of red blood was omitted by shooting the whole picture in b&w for the more sensitive viewer. Along with these, a lot of other quality changes were made possible through that Bios.

So you see, the US Bios adds a lot of surplus value to your games, you could almost say it did its bit to make America great. Again, right after the Founding Fathers of Nintendo of America. Bless them!

P.s. Winners Don't Use Drugs!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It replaces all of the various voice acting in Magical Drop III with a single uniform announcer for everyone. This vital change was made to be compatible with the religiously more conscious players, because they think that the idea of a groaning tower is blasphemous. It'll also change the red color of the blood in most games, following the trend set by Hitchcock in Psycho, where the sight of red blood was omitted by shooting the whole picture in b&w for the more sensitive viewer. Along with these, a lot of other quality changes were made possible through that Bios.

So you see, the US Bios adds a lot of surplus value to your games, you could almost say it did its bit to make America great. Again, right after the Founding Fathers of Nintendo of America. Bless them!

If there's a way to spend more money on something you can be sure that the Neo collectors community will find a way.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

I think we're all missing the point here. Clearly these folks just have a hard-on for King's voice in Art of Fighting 2 on the US Bios. Hearing her as a 75 year old woman with emphysema is more authentic.:rolleyes:

Last edited: