Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its the same as on a unibios. 'memory card not formated' or 'memory card full' your then given an option to format or delete saves.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Just started getting this error on my 2 slot using Uni 3.1 , any help would be appreciated.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Clean your cart contacts, the bios is reading incorrect information from the inserted games header.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Clean your cart contacts, the bios is reading incorrect information from the inserted games header.

Thanks, it must be my SSIV cart because I tried 2 or 3 others in the second slot. I will give it a round of deoxit and see if it clears up. Never had an error from contacts always just glitches, thanks for the quick response!!

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi Raz,
Do you have space to add new cheat codes?
When my stuff was in storage I used to play the Neo in Kawaks and used the (shitty) cheat engine to unlock unplayable characters or levels for instance.
I should still have them on a piece of paper.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It depends on the game, there may be space in some but not others.

Raz

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I will dig for them and create a new topic once tested on real hardware.
Then it's up to you to implement them.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sure, I have in the past added cheats from the known kawaks cheats into the unibios.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
When playing on MVS harware in AES mode i noticed that the softdips settings prevail over the options settings found in AES games. For example if i set softdip difficulty level to 8 and then choose easy difficulty in AES mode the game will play at level-8. Is it a known issue?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
That is deliberate. People wanted dips to work like this in AES mode.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Whether or not the soft dips have any affect in AES mode depends on the game. For example, I always enable blood in Metal Slug games, and that fixes AES mode. However, the same will not work in KOF.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Finnaly ordered one

;)

Looking forward to get it

Thanks Raz

Last edited:

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
ok ..

Got my unibios raz .. and IT'S FREAKING AWESOME !!!

i can bypass my 1fz backup ram errors by forcing to AES mode

All ok...

Thank you so much :)

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Still a question on how dips work in AES mode: if i play a game that saves options settings (difficulty,time...) and load data, will the game play by options settings or dips settings?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It depends on the game. no AES game saves its settings in the options screen on AES hardware but some games do when done on a MVS. Every game is different.

Missile

Another Striker
Still not updating my Unibios until I get level-skip, save game + save high scores on *all* games. (I know I am demanding!) Good work though. Looks like you have worked hard on this.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Received today my unibios , already mounted:) , my neogeo and me say thanks Razoola!!!

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Got my unibios and had no issue installing it into my Aes. Thanks a lot Raz this is a pretty awesome addition to the system.