The SegaDude's Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo Pocket Collection

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
As others have said already, nice SEGA collection dude.

Out of interest, what's your collecting ethic?

Thanks! I do love my Sega collection.

Ethic? Do you mean what is my focus or what games I'll add to the collection and what condition I want them in... stuff like that?

For my Sega collection I'll pick up any game that is in good shape and complete; except for sports games. I'm not really into them and there are sooo many. That being said I do have a few in the collection. I just didn't hunt them down specifically. Got them in lots.

For my AES collection; I'm going for any game I can afford that's complete and in good shape. It can be missing the manual baggie and have a few marks here and there but over all it has to look pretty good. The price I'd be willing to pay will depend on the game. But I'm pretty sure I wont ever buy an AES game that cost more than $200.

Same general rule goes for my NGPC collection. Except I doubt I'll buy any game that cost more than $100. My NGPC Mega Man was for sale at a local shop for $150 but I traded a lot of xbox original games for it instead of cash.

For my NES and SNES collection (about 40 games each right now) I'm just going for good condition carts. I'll get a boxed game if I stumble into something cheap. But otherwise I'll be happy with the carts. A buddy is printing up covers for his Nintendo games and mine so I'll be using Universal cases for them at some point.

Somewhat recently I decided to collect only for Sega Master System, Sega Genesis/ Japanese Mega Drive, Neo Geo AES, NGPC, TG-16, NES and SNES.
I'm getting rid of my CD/DVD games (xbox original, PS2, Sega CD, Sega Saturn). I also decided not to collect for the N64 which I had some of.

How about you NeoGeoNinja? What are you general habits/rules? Do you collect for any systems other than Neo Geo as well?

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Top collection. You should update with some more pics of the Big Red and MVS collection you have been building up :buttrock:

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Damn man! That's a righteous collection on of MD imports! Good start on the AES stuff too! I like your display setup, the shelves look nice and organized. Great stuff!

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
That thread necro. Pretty sure segadude sold all of his aes shit to some youtuber.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Top collection. You should update with some more pics of the Big Red and MVS collection you have been building up :buttrock:

I've been meaning to. I just finished getting all of my MVS carts into Shockboxes. I love those cases! They have a great retro feel to them.

Damn man! That's a righteous collection on of MD imports! Good start on the AES stuff too! I like your display setup, the shelves look nice and organized. Great stuff!

Thanks RetroTechRewind. I've been collecting Master System, Genesis and Mega Drive games from the late 90's when they were nice and cheap.

That thread necro. Pretty sure segadude sold all of his aes shit to some youtuber.

When I decided I couldn't afford AES games and when I wanted to switch to all MVS I sold my entire AES collection to Heidi over at Retro-Video-Gaming for a little less than what it cost me.

Here's the AES in it's new home:
http://retro-video-gaming.com/2015/03/08/snks-neo-geo-aes/

Nice collection SegaDude's. Three excellente console ways to collecting (Mega Drive, Master System and Neo Geo AES).

bignoface

n00b
Major props for showing the Master System and Mega Drive some love. Nice to see some of the more obscure systems on display

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Major props for showing the Master System and Mega Drive some love. Nice to see some of the more obscure systems on display

Ha! Thanks bignoface. I've really enjoyed the Master System and Mega Drive from day one and to hear them being thought of as obscure really surprised me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
SNK416! Good to see you around. You are the source of the best Bro Deals I've ever gotten on MVS carts! Thanks buddy!
I should update the collection pictures above. Things have changed a bit since then :)

These were taken shortly after I assemble two of those book shelves. The room wasn't entirely cleaned up at the time. It was chaos a few hours earlier!

Collection01.jpg

My MVS carts are on the bottom left 4 shelves.

Collection02.jpg