Here we go again with system 32.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Alright, this golden axe I have, something is wrong with the A board. The colors are overly yellow, but sometimes revert back to normal colors. Any ideas? Everything else on the board is fine. Controls and sound all good, just color looking piss yellow.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I take it this is Revenge of Death Adder and not the original Golden Axe? With being overly saturated in yellow I would assume there is something wrong with both the red and green being overdriven on the board. Checking the palette ram is working correctly with a scope or logic probe would be the first starting point for me.

Is the whole screen going yellow? Or just certain parts of it. A picture might help.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I take it this is Revenge of Death Adder and not the original Golden Axe? With being overly saturated in yellow I would assume there is something wrong with both the red and green being overdriven on the board. Checking the palette ram is working correctly with a scope or logic probe would be the first starting point for me.

Is the whole screen going yellow? Or just certain parts of it. A picture might help.

I'll get a pic soon, I have it semi working now. It looks like it could be possible bad traces near the jamma harness. There's a lot of solder on some of the pins.

Edit:

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I'll get a pic soon, I have it semi working now. It looks like it could be possible bad traces near the jamma harness. There's a lot of solder on some of the pins.

Edit:

Get a multimeter out and patch it, Death Adder is to good and rare for it to remain faulty.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Get a multimeter out and patch it, Death Adder is to good and rare for it to remain faulty.

Definitely. Check all the pins there and the green on the other side as well.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

You're not kidding, I'd poach my board from spiderman in a heartbeat and just have a faulty spiderman if it came to that.

I couldn't get my multimeter to work properly, probably due to the grime that was on the board. I scrubbed some serious black dirt off the entire board, but I do have a consistently working board now. I'm sure I haven't seen the end of the problems, but I've tested it on both cabs now and it seems good to go.