Art of Fighting 2

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
OMFG. I havent played that game in ages. I just plugged it in for the first time in about a year. Why are the controls so shitty? I just played 2 rounds of Ryo vs Yuri. I got like 3 hits off of her. All the zooming in and out didnt help any either. I have to say I was never good at that game, but the controls were horrorable. What gives?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I'm glad to see someone else shares my hatred towards this game.
There's 0 fun factor about AOF2. Just memorize a pattern to cheaply beat each fighter.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
2p AOF2 shines - great shit to be had there. 1p is fun to figure what patterns are needed to beat each character, but loses it's playability afterwards. It takes a long time to go through with each character and figure out those patterns though, so it's a good workout before you head in on some fierce 2p battles.

Zooming in and out was never a bother. Doesn't affect how the game plays, nor does it slow anything down. The action is fast-paced.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
but the game still sucks with its shitty and slow controls.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
I always hated this game. The first too, but not as much. Bad controls, boring to play, bleh.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
but the game still sucks with its shitty and slow controls.

you can increase the speed in the main menu. 115 is cool.

SonGohan said:
2p AOF2 shines - great shit to be had there. 1p is fun to figure what patterns are needed to beat each character, but loses it's playability afterwards. It takes a long time to go through with each character and figure out those patterns though, so it's a good workout before you head in on some fierce 2p battles.

Zooming in and out was never a bother. Doesn't affect how the game plays, nor does it slow anything down. The action is fast-paced.

couldn't agree more. it's not a bad game at all, especially considering it's extremely low price. here are some tips that I want to add:

- jump backward toward the wall and press C instead of just jumping forward. this kinda improves your jumping position (don't do it always, but use a combination of this and forward jumps)

- keep holding C and:

press A for an anti-air attack (knocks down the enemy)
press B for a quick low kick (knocks down the enemy too)

(note: you can't pull special moves while holding C)

- the most important key to win is the DMs. once your energy bar is flashing, and your power gauge is full, knock down the opponent (sweep kick, normal throw, or either of the holding C-moves I mentioned above) and pull the DM.

- also, don't fall into that trap. if the opponent's energy bar is flashing, use the D button to taunt whenever it's possible. AND DON'T LET HIM KNOCK YOU DOWN.

- if you were thrown, press C just before you hit the ground to recover. you will lose very little energy only.

- not sure if it's there with other characters, but if you dash and press B or C (can't remember which) with Robert, he will do a short slide attack.

Last edited:

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
then 2nd one owns, u guys are just playin the CPU play some damn HUM players.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
even against hum it isnt any fun. with slow i meant the controls. when you press A it almost takes 1/2 a sec before its shown on the screen. almost as if theres a lag between your neo and your controoler. thats what i meant with shitty & slow controls.if i wanna play older games ill just play SS2 or FFS. either of these is significantly better than aof2.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
Mystic_flame said:
OMFG. I havent played that game in ages. I just plugged it in for the first time in about a year. Why are the controls so shitty? I just played 2 rounds of Ryo vs Yuri. I got like 3 hits off of her. All the zooming in and out didnt help any either. I have to say I was never good at that game, but the controls were horrorable. What gives?

wow :eek: this is one of the funs games I have well just keep playing the game and you will get uesd to the controls

ken_dong

Sakura's Bank Manager
MUSOLINI said:
even against hum it isnt any fun. with slow i meant the controls. when you press A it almost takes 1/2 a sec before its shown on the screen. almost as if theres a lag between your neo and your controoler. thats what i meant with shitty & slow controls.if i wanna play older games ill just play SS2 or FFS. either of these is significantly better than aof2.
Yeah, I noticed 'lag' too. ^^

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
AoF2 is cool... I don't know how often I wrote that already. CPU may be a lil' frustrating at first, but if you don't mind learning and using patterns in fighters, you'll love it... it's some sort of a fighting game version of Pulstar... :)

Most ppl don't seem to know about the difference between tapping and pressing buttons in this game. Tapping A = jab, pressing/holding A = high power low speed punch. Same with B.

C+A (or C followed by A) = uppercut (slow)

C+B (") = low kick/sweep (slow)

close C = grapple/throw

It's really good fun with 2P once you get the basics down.

daybona

Juz,
I graphics and sounds in the game are awesome. HUGE sprites amazing sound.

The 1p mode takes some time, but once you figure it out its pretty fun.

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Takumaji said:
AoF2 is cool... I don't know how often I wrote that already. CPU may be a lil' frustrating at first, but if you don't mind learning and using patterns in fighters, you'll love it... it's some sort of a fighting game version of Pulstar... :)

Pulstar is an AWESOME game. I mean the ship is kind of slow, but find a few (S) boosters and the ship flys at 1/2 speed. In any case I love that game. Its like playing Gradius. I havent played Gradius in ages, but when I find it I will play it to death.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
G-Product said:
has anyone made it to Geese in this game?

yes, I have. After you beat him,You get a diffrent ending, with Geese heading off to Japan to find Jeff Bogard......

This is actually one of my favorite games btw :D . I used to be pretty good at it, I was even able to beat it with most of the characters. but I recently tried it again after not playing for about 1 year, and I wasn't even able to win a single match. So , winning in this game involves lots of practice, practice, practice, practice. and then you should learn the patterns of your opponents. You should also learn to be a cheap bastard...

i find that people who are just beginning should use either john crawley or eiji. These are the easisest to learn and perhaps the most effective. With John, just keep doing jump kicks over and over until you win and with eiji, you should use the df + b move over and over. Experts who want a real challenge should use Ryo or Robert. Winning a match using them is nigh impossible, ubt it actually involves using strategy.

Last edited:

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I do, and believe I always will hate this game with a passion unequaled in the gaming world. Not that it is the worst game, but because I think it's bad, while everybody says that I'm just not playing it right......

I watched The_Chosen_One fight Geese in this game for 3 straight hours before he finally beat him.... After that I can't even stand to look at the game cart....

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Geese is cake. I think my eyes would bleed after playing any single character for 3 hours, though.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
SonGohan said:
Geese is cake. I think my eyes would bleed after playing any single character for 3 hours, though.

TCO is like that though. Magnaflux and I were just the dumbasses for sitting and watching it that long...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I just can't get into this game, either. The controls are horrible. Great graphics only get you so far.

Spike

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Halox said:
TCO is like that though. Magnaflux and I were just the dumbasses for sitting and watching it that long...

Hahaha I remember that. I had to piss like a motherfucker.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
AOF 2 is in my eyes the worst of the series and down there with world heroes as somewhat boring neo geo fighting games.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Take some time to learn to play it blah blah like all its supporters say. One of its biggest attractions to me is the attitude & atmosphere, and the storyline build-up (which was huge 10 years ago). I like it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've tried to like it. I've tried very hard. I just can't get into it. The atmosphere IS great, as are the graphics and sound. HUGE ass sprites and nice scaling, I thought. But the play control? PU.

AOF3 will always be my favorite in the series.
Spike

DIX

Astra Superstar
AOF2 is the game, but for get
real fun you must learn some tricks..

I think that AOF3 is the worst of the series...
good graphic but bad cast and virtua-faker gameplay

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
I used to play the hell out of this game back in the day in our local Wal-mart...yes Wal-mart...anyways i used to be damn good at it, beat it several times in the arcade. This was prolly...8 or more years ago...I just got the game in the mail two days ago for my AES and popped the fucker in. Jeezus is it hard now...after playing it all damn night it started slowly coming back to me...and I finally beat the damn game with Ryo.

Great game still imho. But it does take alot of patience and practice, and time hehe. I think that the only reason I stuck with the game initially was the nostalgia of replaying it after such a looong time. As far as actual gameplay though AOF3 is much better imo.