Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

rogersta

n00b
Looking to upgrade my analogue cmvs with the 3.3 bios unless a new one is gonna be avail in the near future. Is there a download to upgrade the current ubios avail? If so, could I somehow use the neosd to perform the upgrade? Also was looking to upgrade to the neobiosmasta vmc for memory capability. Is this still required to save if I am using the neosd? Apologies in advance as I am a noob and not the most tech savvy.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Version 4 is coming soon enough. Just wait on that. Firmware must be updated by Raz directly.

You've got some time to wait on a NeoBiosMasta VMC. They will be out of stock until next month at the earliest.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

Raz

rogersta

n00b
4.0 is still some time away. if your analogue cmvs has a post v3.3 unibios on it you can email me directly if you want to see if it can be updated to v3.3. You cannot use a NeoSD to update the unibios, that is not technically possible. A neobiosmasta vmc is a nice addition to have if you want to use memory card features of the NeoGeo but I have no idea when Brian will be offering them again.

Raz

Thanks for the info Raz! I will email you about a possible update. Just for general info I contacted Brian and he said the VMC may be avail again in Feb.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I have finally gotten around to putting unibios in my Japanese AES. It is working great! I used a socket, so I can easily upgrade in the future, if I need to. I mainly upgraded to unibios to get english text in the games, but the codes will be fun for certain games, too.

It looks like setting the region to either Euro or USA, will result in english in-game text. Are there any differences between the two region settings on an AES machine? I’m just wondering if there is any advantage of setting to Euro instead of USA (or vice-versa). Blood color or any other in-game differences?

Thanks again for making this awesome unibios, Raz.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Glad you like it, in general game have more censorship in USA region over Euro.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
The start up sequence can be different. Also some games will not default to English when using Europe as the region. I want to say Bomberman is one of these. You can usually change these settings in the soft dip setting though if you really want.
Interesting. Thanks for the info!

Morfeo

n00b
Got and installed my unibios, but i cant seem to figure out how to enter a game. When i exit the hardware menu, it gives me the following message: "dip-sw 1 off". I guess I need to turn this dip on somehow, but how do i do that? Using the unibios with an MV 1fz, connected to a supergun.

Edit: Never find, found out about it eventually.

Last edited:

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Just ordered my first real Unibios excited(for my AES). Ready to pop out my debug bios for the upgrade. When 4.0 comes out I will just pay you again for all your hard work.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Question for Raz:

I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

Thanks,

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Question for Raz:

I've modded many of my machines (2XAES, 2XMVS, etc) through guys that pay the license to Raz and have a name and an email registered for each UniBios purchase. I guess I can just download the new version for those units I have licenses for right? Do I need to go through these guys or do I just send an email to ryou Raz?

Thanks,

If you have a EPROM programmer you can simply email me.

Raz

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
I can't disable the (dev)eloper setting under debug dip settings. I've got unibios v.3.2. The problem is that I can't reach the setting 'cause I can't go further to the right than DIP2 (goes back to DIP1). It won't disable even when I press B reset, isn't disable the original setting? Can't remember even activating it in the first place.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I can't disable the (dev)eloper setting under debug dip settings. I've got unibios v.3.2. The problem is that I can't reach the setting 'cause I can't go further to the right than DIP2 (goes back to DIP1). It won't disable even when I press B reset, isn't disable the original setting? Can't remember even activating it in the first place.

If your on AES and in arcade mode this setting cannot be disabled.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Ok, that explains it. Not a big problem anyway. Thanks Raz for the quick reply. Cheers