PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

powerflower

Banned
A Sega Saturn ODE that uses the video CD card slot?

That's a toughy. Dreamcast is more common and DC Freaks which there are plenty (see Shenmue3 (debacle?)) will do everything for the BEST ;) console ever made.

Or a Naomi solution in tandem with DC like playing DC Games on Naomi.

Or better, playing Naomi on DC? But that would require a Ram/VRam doubling which isn't that easy due to lack of a proper Ext.port.

That Modem/Ext. port will not work. The PC-Engine is the only console with a proper Ext. As far as I know you have complete access to the PCE HW!

Regarding Saturn:
I don't think they will make enough money with a Saturn thingy. Mabe as a project after DC.

A Model 2 Board in FPGA would be awesome too. Imagine all that 8P racing games, on the go with a sweet little handheld which of course has a 24KHz RGB out+HDMI+ link option and USB racing wheel support.

Hope this is the right thread for such speculations but neosd is to blame with his fantastic days... :drool:

Last edited:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
That's a toughy. Dreamcast is more common and DC Freaks which there are plenty (see Shenmue3 (debacle?)) will do everything for the BEST ;) console ever made.

Or better, playing Naomi on DC? But that would require a Ram/VRam doubling which isn't that easy due to lack of a proper Ext.port.

That Modem/Ext. port will not work. The PC-Engine is the only console with a proper Ext. As far as I know you have complete access to the PCE HW!

Regarding Saturn:
I don't think they will make enough money with a Saturn thingy. Mabe as a project after DC.

A Model 2 Board in FPGA would be awesome too. Imagine all that 8P racing games, on the go with a sweet little handheld which of course has a 24KHz RGB out+HDMI+ link option and USB racing wheel support.

Hope this is the right thread for such speculations but neosd is to blame with his fantastic days... :drool:

There is a defacto speculation thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?272774-Terraonion-New-Product(s)-discussion-thread

We were using this old thread for speculation before the announcement. There was a lot of discussion on various systems.

TwinFami

n00b

I'm one of those DC freaks and I was lucky to get my hands on a USB GDROM. It works pretty well as is, but it could be better. Maybe with just a button combo or a better GUI. I'd rather see a more foolproof Saturn method as I suck at soldering and like the USB GDROM, the Phoebe and Rhea boards are a pain to come across.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm one of those DC freaks and I was lucky to get my hands on a USB GDROM. It works pretty well as is, but it could be better. Maybe with just a button combo or a better GUI. I'd rather see a more foolproof Saturn method as I suck at soldering and like the USB GDROM, the Phoebe and Rhea boards are a pain to come across.

I would appreciate GREATLY if you kept the speculation and NON-Device talk to the other thread...

Trust me... you'd prefer it that way as well...

xROTx

TwinFami

n00b
Honestly, what is your problem? You seem to have a bug up your ass. I don't know you, you also don't know me either. If I was you, I'd back down and watch that tone of yours before you piss off the wrong person. Where I come from, pissing off the wrong person can land you six feet under. It wasn't "speculation", I merely agreed to a statement. You want to have a bug about that? Seriously?! If I were running this place, you'd be suspended and stripped of your duties as clearly, you are just taking out whatever aggression you have on innocent people just because it makes you look more like a man behind that keyboard of yours. Slow your role and relax. If you can't handle this place, then leave for a while, get your marbles together and come back. Your behavior is what chases people away, ESPECIALLY those who want to buy NeoSD's products. How would they see it coming here and getting abused by people like you? They'd be running and NeoSD would be losing sales.

This is why NeoSD needs to have a forum of their own like Krikzz does, so they can purge this elitist behavior. I've seen it ever since I got here and tried to stay out of it, now that you're attacking me directly, well....now we have a problem. So, we can drop this like gentlemen, or you can choose to be a child about it and throw a fit. Like I said, you don't know me well enough either and knowing me is not something you want, least not when I'm insulted in this fashion.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Honestly, what is your problem? You seem to have a bug up your ass. I don't know you, you also don't know me either. If I was you, I'd back down and watch that tone of yours before you piss off the wrong person. Where I come from, pissing off the wrong person can land you six feet under. It wasn't "speculation", I merely agreed to a statement. You want to have a bug about that? Seriously?! If I were running this place, you'd be suspended and stripped of your duties as clearly, you are just taking out whatever aggression you have on innocent people just because it makes you look more like a man behind that keyboard of yours. Slow your role and relax. If you can't handle this place, then leave for a while, get your marbles together and come back. Your behavior is what chases people away, ESPECIALLY those who want to buy NeoSD's products. How would they see it coming here and getting abused by people like you? They'd be running and NeoSD would be losing sales.

This is why NeoSD needs to have a forum of their own like Krikzz does, so they can purge this elitist behavior. I've seen it ever since I got here and tried to stay out of it, now that you're attacking me directly, well....now we have a problem. So, we can drop this like gentlemen, or you can choose to be a child about it and throw a fit. Like I said, you don't know me well enough either and knowing me is not something you want, least not when I'm insulted in this fashion.

Blah Blah Blah...

Welcome to the War Room...

Any of the other guys would've realised a warning for what it is... I aint the person you should be ignoring when I cut you a break...

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
guys,

Today i had an awesome day, i been thinking all day about how to improve an idea that has sourrounded my mind for the last years and i finally found the pieces i was looking for.

I just can´t believe how many time you guys miss talking or thinking about worthless things.

This is such a nice place to talk about technology, from creators to users to users again (as we are aswel).

And everyone is talking about : capacitors, prices and cables. Things that are worth nothing

Just forget about all that, put your minds on the device and tell us what you guys would like to be added. Hardware is closed, pcbs are already manufactured (we are not going to do hardware changes anymore) but software is a living part.

Lets make something interesting to come out from here.

About pce system 3 , maybe the ultimate function to add is a cheat engine , as there were no game genie or action replay for the pc engine.

The most common cheat engine format is the one based on magic engine , a lots of codes are available on the web for hucard and cd games and it's easy to find more new ones with the emulator .

http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewforum.php?f=13&topicdays=0&start=0

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Did I just read a roundabout "tough guy" death threat ?? Cause it sure seems like I did... :keke: :keke:

"Ya know, 'partner', where I come from in these here parts, talking like that to me might getcha six feet under... Just sayin'... Word to the wise..."

Entertainment aside, don't wanna waste another post, so on topic, I wanted to note earlier a difference between the Turbo Everdrive flash cart and the system here I noticed from the box.

They designed a button combo to reset you back to the game selection menu which is something Turbo Everdrive can't do! Once TE loads a PCE ROM, you have to turn the system off and on to load another game. That's fine for a Turbo Express handheld, but for any NEC console it equals inconvenience every time.

So hat tip to the neo dev team for another good feature besides CD image support! Another appealing feature worth emphasizing.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Out of curiosity: can the Super System 3 be used to dump HuCards to the SD card? It'd be a fun, if a bit unnecessary, feature for people who have a large library of games.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Out of curiosity: can the Super System 3 be used to dump HuCards to the SD card? It'd be a fun, if a bit unnecessary, feature for people who have a large library of games.

That would be an interesting feature for people who want to legally dump their own games.

neosd

Neosd Developer

That would be an interesting feature for people who want to legally dump their own games.

Hello,

We discussed this back in the day, i myself would love this aswel.

The issue is that once you plug a hucard, it takes control over the expansion port so you would need to boot Super SD System 3 before plug a hucard and then dump it.

The plastic piece on the power button avoids the hotplug of the hucard aswel.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Never mind.

Last edited:

Syntax_x

n00b
Firmware/software suggestion:

On-the-fly hex memory editor.
I haven't seen a decent one for flash cards since the old DSTwo carts.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

No matter if NeoSd starts a New forum, there is always going to be Drama. Every gaming forum that is some what popular has some sort of Drama. NeoSd is fine here, we all respect the TerraOnion group and love his products.

Your a fool. Don't mess with the Governor lol.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Hello,

We discussed this back in the day, i myself would love this aswel.

The issue is that once you plug a hucard, it takes control over the expansion port so you would need to boot Super SD System 3 before plug a hucard and then dump it.

The plastic piece on the power button avoids the hotplug of the hucard aswel.

As far as the power slider is concerned: It's nothing that couldn't be gotten around with a 3D printer or an exacto knife. If it is truly an addable feature, then I'd like to formally proffer it as a suggestion for a future firmware update.

neosd

Neosd Developer
As far as the power slider is concerned: It's nothing that couldn't be gotten around with a 3D printer or an exacto knife. If it is truly an addable feature, then I'd like to formally proffer it as a suggestion for a future firmware update.

Yes, but you can´t advertishe a function that needs your console to be modded.

I mean, i am not saying we are not going to do it, but adding a feature that needs to mod your console has repercussions and may confuse users.

Example : we don´t want to be answering emails everyday about : the dumping function dosen´t works. And believe me, this is going to happen if we do it

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
z0qxeIF.png

Admittedly... I let one guy out... Yohanov...

In all honesty... I have been amazed by the dumbness of the n00b base in this thread...

I truly would've prefered a more subtle approach... I tried nudging... warning... making the odd example... and yet...

People still haven't got the message...

Rule 1. Stay on Topic... Device specific...
Rule 2. Research... before posting...
Rule 3. I'll generally give you a get out clause... use some time to reflect on what will happen if you don't take it...

xROTx

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Yes, but you can´t advertishe a function that needs your console to be modded.

I mean, i am not saying we are not going to do it, but adding a feature that needs to mod your console has repercussions and may confuse users.

Example : we don´t want to be answering emails everyday about : the dumping function dosen´t works. And believe me, this is going to happen if we do it
Understood. I personally have no qualms taking a knife to a console, but I understand that most people don't want to get their hands dirty. If it's an... unadvertised... addition to the firmware somewhere down the line, I'm perfectly fine with that.