PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

neosd

Neosd Developer
While this is a very gracious offer. And I want the device nomatter how it outputs. Making a non-spec MD2 cable to work with it seems like a quick fix instead of the correct fix.

We apreciate you suggestions, thanks.

We are glad everyone here has the rights to speak, and i personally love no one deletes coments.

I understand your frustation about not being able to use ps2 cables on xbox, or xbox cables on Super SD System 3

We are Spanish and we know pretty well that everyone has the national soccer coach inside, they all know how to win the world cup while the actual coach dosen´t.

This dosen´t means the best solution is to use the ps2 connector or the megadrive 1 connector instead of the mega drive 2 type mini-din conector we have choosen for Super SD System 3, at the end its just a connector, nothing else.

There are more things to take in mind while producing electronics and plastic shells that one would imagine speaking from a bar with a beer on his hand.

So thanks, we will be fine with the actual mini-din connector and pasive cables or whatever decision we take about this subject.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lemme see... timeline...

FIRST Neosd Release:
1. Threatening Phonecalls to Neosd...
2. Attacks on our server...

SECOND Neosd Release:
1. Bullshit Pre-order of vapourware...
2. Bullshit review of vapourware when the PCE Sd was announced...
3. Bullshit questions about a MD 2 RGB cable... that is an non-issue...
4. Bullshit Tag team by recently activated members...

FFS...

xROTx

PS. I am going to apply a NEW mod'ding style in this thread... I've been nice so far... but now I'm going scorched Earth on Anyone... ANYONE that irritates me... NO EXCEPTIONS!

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Welcome to the War room...

FUCKIN NEXT PLEASE!

I get banning SirRockALot for being aggressive, but these are legit technical questions about a new product and having the information and responses from neosd are helpful.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
On the arcade projects forum was also a dickhead that was talking without knowing anything,yodd told him what the device is,but no,its not an ode for him,but a full emulator,and you could not use real arcade or other system cards,that was his conclusion,while it was fault,yodd told him you could use real or the build in cards,if you read that bullshit from those darkcraps people,you wanna hit them really hard with something.
The best part was that this device ruin the retro feel for him,there it stops.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I get banning SirRockALot for being aggressive, but these are legit technical questions about a new product and having the information and responses from neosd are helpful.

Not your decision...

I aint in the mood to be explaining stuff... but the way I see it is.... it seems we have had sleeper accounts joining for this moment....

This will be the end of this discussion... you wanna complain.. PM me..

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
On the arcade projects forum was also a dickhead that was talking without knowing anything,yodd told him what the device is,but no,its not an ode for him,but a full emulator,and you could not use real arcade or other system cards,that was his conclusion,while it was fault,yodd told him you could use real or the build in cards,if you read that bullshit from those darkcraps people,you wanna hit them really hard with something.
The best part was that this device ruin the retro feel for him,there it stops.

An arcade card is nothing more than a rom and 2mb of ram soldered into a pcb, there is nothing to process anything there, just storage.

Some comments on those forums are more comedy than other things, i heard you can have a funny moment while reading those :)

Anyways, this is nothing strange, we are in 2017 and there are still people thinking the earth is flat.

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Some people neosd are full of blabla and much crap,you explain them how it works,but they live in their own world.
So better stop arguing with that people.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Some people neosd are full of blabla and much crap,you explain them how it works,but they live in their own world.
So better stop arguing with that people.

Believe it or not, i don´t actually read those forums, all i know about is what others told me. That they ban people, they delete posts from users when they do annoying questions about theyr inconsistent claims and so.

Not a place i would like to visit in 21st century, this is more like medieval age, atleast on the censorship side. Glad we already passed those DarkAges

Last edited:

zbr

n00b
This is the device I've been waiting for for years! Great work.
Just one question, does it output S-Video?

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
@zbr:composite and rgb,its in the 1st post.
Read it and watch that video please.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Believe it or not, i don´t actually read those forums, all i know about is what others told me. That they ban people, they delete posts from users when they do annoying questions about theyr inconsistent claims and so.

Not a place i would like to visit in 21st century, this is more like medieval age, atleast on the censorship side. Glad we already passed those DarkAges

You can actually use an actual system card and it will work. There is not HLE, it's the cd controller running on the fpga, the SCSI interface,the ADPCM decoder and the arcade card, all running in the fpga. The fact that it works with standard system cards proves that the implementation is low level enough to make it believe it's a real cd briefcase what's on the expansion port

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

It could be argued... I do the same here...

Censorship aint my thingy tho... However, when I need to make a point... I'll do it openly and publically...

xROTx

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I just got an order through..so either something has reset or I got lucky. Either way, Yay!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I just got an order through..so either something has reset or I got lucky. Either way, Yay!

Spain is about 6 hours ahead of the East Coast so it's the next day and a great opportunity for US buyers to snag one.

zbr

n00b
Thanks.
I was wondering more like whether it is just the RGB and composite output or is it also capable of outputting S-Video, like with a DIY cable or maybe a simple mod (I apologize if technically this is impossible and sounds ridiculous).

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thanks.
I was wondering more like whether it is just the RGB and composite output or is it also capable of outputting S-Video, like with a DIY cable or maybe a simple mod (I apologize if technically this is impossible and sounds ridiculous).

It outputs in pure rgb.. get your own scaler...

That's the end to this convo... you may continue to ask other questions... however... i'd suggest reading this thread THOROUGHLY!

...because I aint in the mood for guys who either can't read or pretend to be dumb...

xROTx

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Thanks.

Owing to the fact that it's using the same pinout as a Genesis/MD2 it will only be composite and RGB on the av port. Whether it's possible to tap chroma and luma seperately from the board isn't known/hasn't been disclosed.

Recap

Zero's Secretary
Hi,

Coolest PCE project one can think of, honestly. And glad to learn it's Spanish, no less. Hope it all ends well for you -- had to log in here after a decade or so (!) just to say thanks for it.

However, even if I mostly read the whole thread I found little to zero discussion about compatibility, which I believe it's a key subject, so let me ask -- do you expect some issues being reported with the time once the people extensively play the CD games (I mean proper ROM images, if that thing actually exists or can be done) or are you confident enough in your own tests? I guess firmware updates are not discarded for this matter?

I'm thinking in Rhea/Phoebe for the Sega Saturn, for instance -- another amazing device but sadly, it's not 100 %-compatible, though the author kindly listened to the userbase and many issues were solved little by little.

Also, this may sound like a silly request, but could an option to simulate the original CD reading/access times be possible? Many people who never had a CD-ROM-ROM system may be interested in knowing how exactly were those originally and in emulating the experience as close as possible at some point. Just wondering, anyway.

As for the necessary MD2 RGB cable thingie -- I think the subject is indeed quite relevant and no wonder many people will be waiting for a final statment on it before deciding the purchase, so in case more opinions are of use since it seems the final product is still to come, I agree that Mega Drive + C-sync SCART does imply non-passive cables, given that SCART is meant for PAL TV sets (in actuality, C-sync was never aimed at PAL TV sets to begin with, but that's not the point we should consider here). Though I'm not sure what's exactly the issue here -- why the cable has to be passive when used with your device? Because it has a built-in amplifier?

(How's the RGB signal quality you get from all the different PCE (modded) models, by the way? Any tests of this somewhere you know of?)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
@NeoSD.

I asked before but never got an answer. Is there Games Express CD Rom support? Or would it be able to be implemented in the future via firmware update?

With support for those games, I "think" we would have compatibility for all PC Engine games.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Spain is about 6 hours ahead of the East Coast so it's the next day and a great opportunity for US buyers to snag one.

This. After far too many tries this morning, I gave it another go just before posting this and it's gone through without issues!

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Interesting product for PC Engine fans, finally a mount option for ISO/WAV/CUE CD image file sets. Can't really justify buying it though as an owner of a Turbo Duo and the Turbo Everdrive flashcart, but it is tempting.

Could be useful for CD translation projects instead of burning CD-Rs for testing all the time I guess but Windows PC emulators were good enough and it's half real hardware/half emulation so you'd still need a real 100% system to catch quirks regardless.

Anyway, it's an impressive accomplishment by the developers so hat tip to you!