PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yea, I guess your right. I have perfectly working X'Eye and CDX consoles that never gave me any issues and also have perfectly working PCE Duo's. I don't like the CD2. I just think that any device that could run CD files off a SD card is a major plus just because the less moving parts, the less likely you have to worry about replacing parts in the future.

I also think the other problem is the CD drives for the PC Engine don't really have anything except more memory, cd sound support and maybe something else in it. (open up a suitcase pc engine, basically nothing in that thing) while the Sega CD has a bunch of processors/scaling processors, memory, etc in it.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Never mind found the answer I wanted.

So this emulates the system cards as well as iso ROMs for CD based games and ROMs for hucards?

So is this 100% emulation thru the new PCB or are the hucard games still ran via the PC engine/turbo?

Sorry to ask. I don't understand this hardware shit at all.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I believe the OP says they're waiting on shells for TG16.

Edit the original post mentions about 2 weeks, right out in the open, easy to read :keke:

Last edited:

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I believe the OP says they're waiting on shells for TG16.

Edit the original post mentions about 2 weeks, right out in the open, easy to read :keke:

Yes saw the first post. Like a dumb ass I didn't read the post date. Really hoping it fits. Don't want to have to buy a pc engine.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It'll fit and work when orders go live.

When NeoSD wakes up he'll answer your questions, he's good about that.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I come back 8 hours later and the thread has exploded, the bank has crashed and everyone's going nuts! Hell yeah.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Just ordered , payment system is going back ....

now , i just have to find a decent pc engine on ebay ....not the biggest part

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I approve of this thread...

Great product, a customer friendly and informative team...

Now if only their bank would allow mass nerd buys:keke:

xROTx

PS. On topic... IF you guys had analysed the chat room members market activity... you would've seen this coming a MILE off:p

EDIT. Luckily the cores are still relatively cheap for now... only issue is with pcb corrosion and stuff.. Neosd mentioned in chat...

I aint a techie... but hey... I'm only here for the lulz and +1...

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Finally got round to watching the videos - fuck me, I want.

Excellent stuff NeoSD!

Anyone want to buy a Turbo Everdrive? :keke:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Any chance of adding a built in cheat system in the future? We've been able to patch HuCard roms for a while to add cheats, but doing it with CD games would be cool.

What you can see on gadgets video is the launch firmware but we have other things planed to be added by software after launch.

I wont sell anything we don´t have until we have it, but we got something pretty nice planned before cheats.

The route plan is the same as NEOSD, you guys get it, ask for changes and improvements and we do as many as possible as long as those are worth doing.

You all know from the last time that we listen and do any needed firmware changes to have everyone happy.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Still not working for me. Did you do anything differently than a prior attempt?

I think the limit is being applied just to USA.

Working on getting that fixed but i think it may be hard to get it fixed by today as banks are closed here.

It should be working after about 16 hours BTW cause this is when the 24 hours limit expires.

Realy sorry about that, we were not expecting this amount of sales, neither we realized it was a bad idea to launch a product a day before national party day.

I think the limit is being applied just to USA.

Working on getting that fixed but i think it may be hard to get it fixed by today as banks are closed here.

It should be working after about 16 hours BTW cause this is when the 24 hours limit expires.

Understandable. Hopefully the wait won’t be many months if I miss this batch.

xterc

n00b
Thank you to the NEOSD team, this looks to be a great project to work on. Like many others I can't order at the moment due to the USA limit, but I guess that is a good problem for you guys to have.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Looks like a great product, Neosd. I just need to decide if I want to buy a PC Engine, or not.

Anyway, good luck with the release, although I'm sure you won't need it.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thank you to the NEOSD team, this looks to be a great project to work on. Like many others I can't order at the moment due to the USA limit, but I guess that is a good problem for you guys to have.

I have called a friend that has another friend working on the credit card payment side of BBVA, just to see if we can get the limit removed by phone today.

Doing my best, i got another friend that is manager there but he is not answering the phone. Its a pretty bad day today to get in touch with people cause this is the biggest block of national party days in Spain, we should have released it by monday but we didn´t honestly expect this level of sales.

Well, another mistake learnt for the next product release

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. But would it be possible to ship based on the order of first failed attempts? Assuming the unit was eventually paid for.

Usually there’s a database somewhere to gather data from when my work has unexpected problems like this.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Probably just wishful thinking on my part. But would it be possible to ship based on the order of first failed attempts? Assuming the unit was eventually paid for.

Usually there’s a database somewhere to gather data from when my work has unexpected problems like this.

This is really hard to handle, i can only see the purchase atempts at the payment system, it only shows an IP and a date, nothing else.

That would be a pain mixed with the shipments

neodev

Neosd Tech
Just a few clarifications on the hardware:

- you don't need a new power supply, we have tested with the 650mA psu of pcengines and it works fine.
- you don't need a hucard. Everything is emulated in the sd system 3: hucards, system cards, arcade card... . You can however use your own hucards and that part will be disabled on the sd system 3, so you can still benefit, for example, from the backup ram or use your own system card to boot cds. Some limitations apply though, so it's recommened to use the internal emulation and run without a hucard.
- csync is TTL but can be easily feed to a 75ohm sync inserting a 470ohm resistor in the cart. The sd system 3 has access to the original pce csync, that is 75ohm sync levels, but it's not selected, currently a TTL csync is generated from the h & v sync signals.

Out of curiosity. Why is the av out on the back? The system combo is ridiculously deep and already hard to fit on anything but the deepest of shelves. Seems like having a cord stick out exacerbates the depth issue.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Out of curiosity. Why is the av out on the back? The system combo is ridiculously deep and already hard to fit on anything but the deepest of shelves. Seems like having a cord stick out exacerbates the depth issue.

Sorry, i don´t quite understand the question,

Do you mean the Mini-din conector ? this is used to output rgb and composite video

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sorry, i don´t quite understand the question,

Do you mean the Mini-din conector ? this is used to output rgb and composite video

He's asking why did you place the output on the back of the device because his shelves are narrow...:help:

This smacks of the "Why did you place the SD card reader on the wrong side" talk...

Ugh...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
He's asking why did you place the output on the back of the device because his shelves are narrow...:help:

This smacks of the "Why did you place the SD card reader on the wrong side" talk...

Ugh...

xROTx

The original AV Booster had the video and audio RCAS on the same place, so we thought this was the natural place to put it, among this is the best place for mould design aswel.

Ugh...

xROTx

Sure, it’s opinion, but I wouldn’t call my shelves narrow. A supergrafx and a super cd is super deep compared to any other console. And at the same time it’s not very wide. Which is presumably why they put all the connections on the sides.