PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Awesome job guys! Still wowed at how amazing it is! Someone just posted a comment calling you "FPGA Gods" - I think you should change the company name to "FPGA Gods" ;)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Awesome job guys! Still wowed at how amazing it is! Someone just posted a comment calling you "FPGA Gods" - I think you should change the company name to "FPGA Gods" ;)

Thanks Gadget, i have no words remembering last year while fixing neosd bugs with your help, so many hours there. Users like you make products better

Alex,

I bought a Turbo EverDrive *today*. Well, fuck me.

Few questions for mr neosd:

- Can this also output csync instead of sync-on-composite?
- Does it come with a companion HuCard or can you 'boot' from the expansion port?
- I assume any existing internal RGB mod (tapping RGB from the expansion connector) would have to be removed for this to work?

Tgames

War Room Troll
Very good work NeoSD ! It's ordered !
So cool that we don't need anymore the CD extension (rare and fragile).
My Nec Coregrafx II wait this :D.

Castlevania Rondo of Blood waits ^^

So much cool, we all waiting a without CD extension solution for CD games on NEC PC Engine !!

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Epic!

I guess I don’t need my CD games any longer.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm watching the video of gadget,nice neosd,really nice product.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Very good work NeoSD ! Do you have estimate date for taking orders ?
So cool that we don't need anymore the CD extension (rare and fragile).
My Nec Coregrafx II wait this !

Yes, we have opened sales.
More info on the first post.

Thanks

neodev

Neosd Tech
I bought a Turbo EverDrive *today*. Well, fuck me.

Few questions for mr neosd:

- Can this also output csync instead of sync-on-composite?
- Does it come with a companion HuCard or can you 'boot' from the expansion port?
- I assume any existing internal RGB mod (tapping RGB from the expansion connector) would have to be removed for this to work?

It also outputs TTL level csync (negative hsync & vsync)

You don't need any hucard inserted for it to work. If you insert a hucard, the internal hucard emulation is disabled, although the cd emulation is still working.

I think even if there is an internal rgb mod, it will work fine, as long as no traces from the video chip to the expansion port are cut.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
goddammmmiiitt - this is tempting

But all my CDs and HuCards are mah babies

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Do you have to use the rgb from the super sd sytem 3,or could i use the rgb from my modded core grafx?
Otherwise i need to order megadrive 2 rgb cable.

Last edited:

Tgames

War Room Troll
Yes it's ordered neosd, so much cool what you have done for making this !!

It also outputs TTL level csync (negative hsync & vsync)

You don't need any hucard inserted for it to work. If you insert a hucard, the internal hucard emulation is disabled, although the cd emulation is still working.

I think even if there is an internal rgb mod, it will work fine, as long as no traces from the video chip to the expansion port are cut.

Oh yes, makes all sense. I can remove the RGB mod in any case. I totally forgot that there's separate pins for sync & composite on the MD2 connector. And I totally missed the video showing it working without a HuCard. Sorry, my mind is a bit blown right now. Congrats on first cracking the Neo Geo flashcart market and then doing the same for PCE ODEs...

Well, I'm cancelling my EverDrive, I guess...

Tgames

War Room Troll
My PC Engine is a sodipeng French version (CoreGraphFX 2) (RGB output), no problem for me with the Super SD System 3 ?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The way RGB mods in PCE cores systems are done it shouldn't matter which one you use, just don't use them both at the same time as both the SD System 3 and the RGB amp are probably pulling from the exact same pins.

So it outputs TTL csync not 75ohm csync? I assume there is no option to switch that?

I'm pretty sure that's the same as the actual Mega Drive and any proper cable should have a 470Ohm resistor on the sync line to attenuate.

(Please correct me if I'm talking shit)

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Would it be recommended to get a stronger power supply (more amps) or will the stock one be just fine?

Tgames

War Room Troll
Mine is not a later RGB Mods, in france Sodipeng has the rights to sell PC Engine from Nec in 90's.
I bought it new already in RGB in shop back in times.

neosd

Neosd Developer
So it outputs TTL csync not 75ohm csync? I assume there is no option to switch that?

I am letting neodev answers some questions i don´t have answers for such as this one.

I will edit seccond post with any relevant tech questions.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm pretty sure that's the same as the actual Mega Drive and any proper cable should have a 470Ohm resistor on the sync line to attenuate.

(Please correct me if I'm talking shit)

You are correct. I just wanted to confirm that it was designed that way with no option to switch. I have a MD2 cable with the resistor and a MD2 cable without the resistor, depending on what I am hooking to.

Tgames

War Room Troll
@NeoSD, the Super SD System 3 is tested with a Nec Pc Engine French Sodipeng ?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ONE question...

What's a PCE?

xROTx

PS. I told you guys it was good:D

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
I am letting neodev answers some questions i don´t have answers for such as this one.

I will edit seccond post with any relevant tech questions.

Appreciate it. I ordered one, so I am mainly asking to be sure which of my cables to use. Some of the plug in RGB boards, like the dbGrafx Booster have the option to switch.