What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Been playing a lot of Slug X and Breaker's Revenge this week.

Personal victory: I've had a pretty shit day and after I got finished with work I fired up some MSX to wind down - made it to the middle of stage 6 on the AES default 5 credits on normal difficulty. Made it to the end of stage 4 on my first credit. Best run through yet!

Niiiice :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Been playing a lot of Slug X and Breaker's Revenge this week.

Personal victory: I've had a pretty shit day and after I got finished with work I fired up some MSX to wind down - made it to the middle of stage 6 on the AES default 5 credits on normal difficulty. Made it to the end of stage 4 on my first credit. Best run through yet!
Very nice! :buttrock:

Recently I’ve been trying my hand at Neo Drift Out. I’ve been making it to stage 5 on one credit, and losing by a few seconds. The real licensed cars in the game makes it stand out for me as a car enthusiast.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Very nice! :buttrock:

Recently I’ve been trying my hand at Neo Drift Out. I’ve been making it to stage 5 on one credit, and losing by a few seconds. The real licensed cars in the game makes it stand out for me as a car enthusiast.

I need to give this game a shot again - it's been years and years. I hardly remember what it feels like to play. I've always thought the game has a great look and premise, though.

Last edited:

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have been just discovering how it is to play on real system instead of an emulator. There is nothing that beats the real deal. Chrushing my enemies in easy or very easy mode with the arcade stick, man.

But now i have been focusing on Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, it is a great game. Have been trying out different characters a bit to get a feel for them all to learn theyre how they work. I have been having some fun indeed

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I have been just discovering how it is to play on real system instead of an emulator. There is nothing that beats the real deal. Chrushing my enemies in easy or very easy mode with the arcade stick, man.

But now i have been focusing on Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, it is a great game. Have been trying out different characters a bit to get a feel for them all to learn theyre how they work. I have been having some fun indeed

What’s your favorite non-fighter that you’ve found so far Knud?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I gave Breakers Revenge a good run but Kizuna Encounter has really locked me in. That game is fucking awesome!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I gave Breakers Revenge a good run but Kizuna Encounter has really locked me in. That game is fucking awesome!

Kizuna rocks. I’m not a huge fighter fan but I always enjoy the time I spend with Kizuna. The tag strategy keeps things fresh. I don’t love it enough to throw down the cash on a home cart, but it’s rock solid.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What’s your favorite non-fighter that you’ve found so far Knud?

Right now i only own fighter games which came bundled with my console.
But i have on the way Cyper Lip, which i am excited for. Then i have metal slug 2 as well on the way and aliexpress multi cart so i have many unexplored sections left!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Right now i only own fighter games which came bundled with my console.
But i have on the way Cyper Lip, which i am excited for. Then i have metal slug 2 as well on the way and aliexpress multi cart so i have many unexplored sections left!

Can’t go wrong with Slug 2. Cyber Lip is one I still need to really sit down and play, though. You’ll be set with the multi. It’s nice to have so many options when you’re first getting into the platform.

Recently I’ve been playing some Zupapa. I think it’s underrated on the Neo, but I always have a good time when I sit down to play some Zupapa.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Can’t go wrong with Slug 2. Cyber Lip is one I still need to really sit down and play, though. You’ll be set with the multi. It’s nice to have so many options when you’re first getting into the platform.

Recently I’ve been playing some Zupapa. I think it’s underrated on the Neo, but I always have a good time when I sit down to play some Zupapa.

Multi cart is a pretty convenient option for the wallet no doubt. Just bought a MVS version of Metal slug. Right now i will not buy to expensive games, also when i am pretty new in this system, someone could throw a bootleg at the ignorant newbie without me finding it out.
Would probably ask here though but you know, it's better when you have a slight idea

To have the options yes it is good to have those at the beginning but some games also grow on you when you get the hang of them.

Zupapa, wow a fast paced bubble bobble. Will have to give that one a go from the multi cart when that arrives with snail mail from China

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Agreed! Kizuna is a whole lot of fun once you get the tempo of battle down. The button layout is so unique, and affords the player tons of options in battle. The huge sprites are a lot of fun too - like a fast paced AOF. I like Breakers Revenge a bit more than Kizuna overall, but both are great games that everyone should play more (playmore?).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Powered through and beat Ninja Gaiden II on the NES. I'm not a fan of the stage hazards. It becomes more frustrating than challenging. But overall a good game. The cinematics are definitely better than the first. It probably has some of the best graphics too for the system. I suppose now I have an excuse to play the third one.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Double Dragon, Zed Blade, Zupapa

+1 on the Zupapa :buttrock:

I've 1cc'ed it, but it remains as addicting as ever. My son having an appreciation for it and it's wacky bosses has kept it in the rotation lol

Agreed! Kizuna is a whole lot of fun once you get the tempo of battle down. The button layout is so unique, and affords the player tons of options in battle. The huge sprites are a lot of fun too - like a fast paced AOF. I like Breakers Revenge a bit more than Kizuna overall, but both are great games that everyone should play more (playmore?).

Sup yagamikun, you right; I remember there was an announcement about an upcoming combo pack with online-play, etc but it's been quiet since then, which is understandable.

Powered through and beat Ninja Gaiden II on the NES. I'm not a fan of the stage hazards. It becomes more frustrating than challenging. But overall a good game. The cinematics are definitely better than the first. It probably has some of the best graphics too for the system. I suppose now I have an excuse to play the third one.

Hell yeah one of my favorite games of all time that happens to not be on a neo system
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:!!!

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hell yeah one of my favorite games of all time that happens to not be on a neo system
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:!!!

Oh snap! I was looking for the "what are you playing thread" not "what Neo Geo games are you playing thread."

I fired up some World Heroes 2 and Fatal Fury Special on the PC engine CD. I'm still really impressed with these ports. They're pretty damn close for an 8-bit / 16-bit system.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Forever and always SONIC WINGS 3. My favorite NEO•GEO game.

I’ve also been playing some Sonic Wings 3 today. Finally got the extend (300,000 points) before the 3rd stage. I believe the amount of bonuses you get when you destroy the building in the first stage is controlled by how fast you destroy it. When I wait around a bit, I notice I get significantly less bonuses.

I have a Neo magazine with a full page Sonic Wings 3 advertisement. I should scan it so you can put it on a shirt.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Oh man since I just finished wiring up my Neo sticks I built last year I have played all my MVS games I got last year also. In particular I've been playing these the most. Kraut Buster, Strikers 45+, Slugs 1-3. Like a kid in a candy store last two days.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I played a little Viewpoint over the last day or so for the first time. I was always a little put off by the isometric view but after enjoying Magmax for Arcade Archives I thought I would give it a shot. To me it is very much living up to its super hard reputation. I looked up some high level player's footage of this and I can see that they memorize the best sequence for advancing and clearing the screen just like any other similar game but it seems lie a lot steeper of a learning curve

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I played a little Viewpoint over the last day or so for the first time. I was always a little put off by the isometric view but after enjoying Magmax for Arcade Archives I thought I would give it a shot. To me it is very much living up to its super hard reputation. I looked up some high level player's footage of this and I can see that they memorize the best sequence for advancing and clearing the screen just like any other similar game but it seems lie a lot steeper of a learning curve

It may seem hard, but once you get used to the axonometric view and learn to use the charge beam constantly, you'll also learn the easier side of Viewpoint. It's actually a game where you can continue playing after loosing an extend, even though there's no instant respawn, because your speed and your weapon are fixed and you get the options almost instantly after dying. Beside the latter, there are no power-ups and no speed-ups to get, but you get multiple extends, through score and in certain parts of the game, there's a 3-hit shield in almost every stage, the bombs are useful and numerous.

Beside getting used to the odd perspective, I wouldn't say that the learning curve is steep, this game rather hides from you the important things you have to learn and find out, like how important the beam is or how to get the extra lives. It's a game of many tough riddles and enigmas. Once you know them and know what to concentrate your efforts on, there's nothing much to learn beside boss tactics. I'd even say, that for a player who's used to the view and manages the beam, the game becomes slightly above mid-range.

lilwashu

n00b
Fatal Fury Special, because it's the only game I have on real hardware. It's quite nice being in the 1990s situation of having to put time into a game to appreciate it rather than playing one of hundreds of ROMs for a couple of minutes each before getting bored.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special, because it's the only game I have on real hardware. It's quite nice being in the 1990s situation of having to put time into a game to appreciate it rather than playing one of hundreds of ROMs for a couple of minutes each before getting bored.

Fantastic game to be your only one. :) There are better fighting games. But when it comes down to it, Fatal Fury Special is my all-time nostalgic favorite.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Amazon games has a ton of Neo games for free, so I dabbled in some Fatal Fury Special and Blazing Star real quick

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Fantastic game to be your only one. :) There are better fighting games. But when it comes down to it, Fatal Fury Special is my all-time nostalgic favorite.

It might not be the best playing but it's my favorite of the series. I love the characters, music, and stages. Snk showed early on it had the chops to compete with Capcom.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Sat down and played some Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2, the MVS/AES converted version.

While I can't comment on the music since it's missing, I will say that I enjoy Janshin Densetsu: Quest of Jongmaster better than Final Romance 2. It's a good mahjong game, and the different power ups you can buy in the game are cool, but I like the theme and RPG style of Jongmaster. Final Romance 2 is a typical strip mahjong title, while Jongmaster brings something new to the table in terms of its RPG theme. I think for most people starting off playing Mahjong, though, Final Romance 2 is a good option. The easy difficulty is good for people learning the ropes, and if you win then you get treated to some pixel eye candy.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Double Dragon:

DOUBLEDR--Double%20Dragon%20NeoGeo_Nov10%2023_40_49.png

Hah! Hiyah! Ryubisen! Hah! Ryubisen! Ryubisen! Hah! Ryubisen! Hah! Sou-Shuu-Ga!!!

So addicting :lolz: