CRT Fetish Thread

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do you hook up the CCTV to those so you can monitor the girls you have captive in the storage crate across town?

Hahahaha sadly we already know the answer to that.

Looks like grizzyboy is on the prowl again

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Man...I read all about the HD CRT downsides to pre 480p era gaming but now I see someone selling the elusive Sony KD34XBR960. Does anybody think this TV is worth getting?

Its a very solid set but I prefer my kv40xbr800. The issue with a widescreen crt is the only things worthwhile are the 360/ps3?pstv era things as everything before it would have been in 4:3.

ekorz

n00b
Its a very solid set but I prefer my kv40xbr800. The issue with a widescreen crt is the only things worthwhile are the 360/ps3?pstv era things as everything before it would have been in 4:3.

I used to sell these. In 2006 the xbr960 line had the best picture you could buy as a consumer. Sony SXRD was the next best, and way larger since it was projection. Then LCD got better etc. but at the time it looks amazing for Halo 2. If you spring for it look for a sony dedicated stand, they were built to hold the massive weight.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
Finally got my Sync Strike in to fire up the PVM. Extremely pleased with the 2950Q...if RGB on a PVM looks this good, I don't know what would happen to my eyes if I witnessed a BVM in action.Screenshot_20170824-194027.png

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I used to sell these. In 2006 the xbr960 line had the best picture you could buy as a consumer. Sony SXRD was the next best, and way larger since it was projection. Then LCD got better etc. but at the time it looks amazing for Halo 2. If you spring for it look for a sony dedicated stand, they were built to hold the massive weight.

Yeah without the stands the tvs arent complete

Attachments

• tv.jpg
    tv.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Temporarily living large with three CRTs, until the 14" PVM goes off to a new home.

IMG_E9827.JPG

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
These were taken back in December, on the BVM-20F1U if I'm not mistaken.

YXgBjaR.jpg

WlzHZpM.jpg

And here's an alternate of the second pic above, running on a JVC CRT monitor.

ipTtZ3z.jpg

Last edited:

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
These were taken back in December, on the BVM-20F1U if I'm not mistaken.

YXgBjaR.jpg

WlzHZpM.jpg

And here's an alternate of the second pic above, running on a JVC CRT monitor.

ipTtZ3z.jpg

Maybe it's the pic or just me but I like the look of the game on the JVC CRT more. Weird. The Foot soldier just seems to have more detail and better color I guess.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Maybe it's the pic or just me but I like the look of the game on the JVC CRT more. Weird. The Foot soldier just seems to have more detail and better color I guess.

Thats a just you for sure the color looks washed out on the jvc by a far.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Picking up an NEC Multisync FE700+ VGA monitor on Wednesday to use with my Dreamcast. Anyone have any experience with this model? It looks decent, at least.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Here is a DIVX error shown by an LG DVD-R on a 12" CRT via composite:
nTm4PMwl.jpg

By the time I got into DVD Divx was long gone. I do remember the Penny Arcade strips where they took the piss out of it tho. Before your post I'm not sure I ever saw one of the discs before. What a horrible idea for a product. Thanks for sharing!

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is that from a 1chip SNES?

Yeah, it's pretty damn sharp.

nXmWP12.jpg

I think the TMNT IV pic on the JVC doesn't represent it well. In person it is consumer CRT-like: brighter than the BVM 20F1U and making it look dim in fact (BVM has low hours and normal brightness settings). I think this simple pic gives a better indication:

T8YHWtO.jpg

aaronmjr

Mr. Big's Thug
My Extron switcher showed up damaged in shipping. Annoying. It powers up which is good. Hoping to get some money back. I'm revamping my CRT setup! 4 monitors just because! Haha.

s-l1600 (1) (Small).jpg
s-l1600 (Small).jpg
21245900_2400994850124779_1295387333_o (Small).jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I finally got most of my living room set up together. I wanted something to play on while I get the more intricate game room put together. I'm so pumped to finally start using the NEC out there. Thanks again to Skate for the monitors I picked up a way back. I've used the shit out of the little PVM during my vacation this summer and now on to the NEC!

PICS

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Looks awesome Mike!

Thanks! I can't wait to get another scart cable so I don't have to switch out the cable between my SNES and NES. Also I need to snag a psx scart cable for my Undamned CPS2. I have it hooked up via composite and it looks like complete garbage. Surprisingly my VCR looks pretty damn good on there. I need some nice cheap black speakers too. Once I have that I should be set :)

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
What a slick little setup, Mike! NEC 3PG?

Thanks :) It's actually a CM series monitor. It's very similar in design (looks not features) to a NEC XM29 but older. I haven't found much info on it at all after searching for a fair bit.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
1H0TfUg.jpg

I picked up some HD Retrovision Genesis 2 component cables today with the Neo, SMS/Genesis 1 and Saturn adapters. Here it is working with my PC Engine through a cheap RGB booster.