WTB: Nintendo Switch accessories

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Anyone have good deals on stuff to go with my Switch that I found in the woods?

Looking for official stuff, preferably used but working, but open to new too.

Joy-cons - possibly 2 pairs, at least 1.
Dock with AC adapter, HDMI cable a bonus.

Shipping would be to 15210.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I posted the exact same thing an hour before you.
LOL

Hopefully he gets one before the sale ends.

Ah crap, I saw Slickdeals and didn’t realize it was a GameStop link. My bad. [emoji16] Gotta bring that Switch back to life!

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
543   0   0

lithy

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Thanks for looking out guys, unfortunately I missed the GameStop deal, I'm sure if I'm patient enough I'll be able to land a dock set in the $40-50 range shipped and I'll be happy enough with that. Most eBay sellers seem to want about $70, but the ones that do sell for non-BIN prices are more in my range.

I have some used joy-cons ordered and in transit, paid $80 shipped for 4. I understand the drift issue as I actually had the chance to test the unit with a pair of controllers. The left was fine, the right had major issues with the stick stuck drifting hard right. Made me dizzy trying the Pikmin 3 demo while the camera was spinning...

I ended up swapping out the case back because all the screwposts were busted up on the old one. I lifted the digitzer and that isn't where the moisture is so it must be betweeen the LCD layers and the non-working digitizer must be a separate issue. I'll use it as is for as long as the screen wants to function and just budget the $50 or so to replace the whole digitzer and LCD together later. Are there good games that make use of the handheld touchscreen anyway?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for looking out guys, unfortunately I missed the GameStop deal, I'm sure if I'm patient enough I'll be able to land a dock set in the $40-50 range shipped and I'll be happy enough with that. Most eBay sellers seem to want about $70, but the ones that do sell for non-BIN prices are more in my range.

Sure, you could be patient. Or you could just read wtf I said 4 days ago...

Unless someone has one this is probably the cheapest official dock you can get https://store.nintendo.com/catalog/...ock-refurbished-nintendo-switch/category/637/

lithy

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Sure, you could be patient. Or you could just read wtf I said 4 days ago...

Appreciate it, but that's just the dock, adding an AC adapter and HDMI separately is another $30 or so depending on where I get them.

lithy

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Appreciate it, but that's just the dock, adding an AC adapter and HDMI separately is another $30 or so depending on where I get them.

I mean I've not cracked open the switch I just bought but it's just a USB-C adapter for power, yeah? Can you not just grab a $10 USB-C cable and plug it into yer TV or similar for power? And who doesn't have half a dozen HDMI cables sitting around?...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I mean I've not cracked open the switch I just bought but it's just a USB-C adapter for power, yeah? Can you not just grab a $10 USB-C cable and plug it into yer TV or similar for power? And who doesn't have half a dozen HDMI cables sitting around?...
Unfortunately not. The AC adapter is a USB-C end, but if you use a different source the dock will say that the official AC Adapter needs to be used, denying you the ability to play docked. I tried this when forgetting my AC adapter once.

It could be the Switch dock requiring 15V/

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Unfortunately not. The AC adapter is a USB-C end, but if you use a different source the dock will say that the official AC Adapter needs to be used, denying you the ability to play docked. I tried this when forgetting my AC adapter once.

It could be the Switch dock requiring 15V/

That's some bullshit.

Kinda like the bullshit when I ordered a refurb 3DS XL from Nintendo a couple weeks back. I didn't even think to look if it came with the AC adapter, because you need it to use the system so they must include one, right?.... lolfuqno. So I had to order from them again to get a damn AC adapter to even use the damn thing. Oh well, just had to pay shipping a second time isn't so bad I suppose, but it is in fuckin beautiful condition. I'd not know it was ever even used.

Anything to make sure to get a few extra bucks outta ya, huh?