Weekly Roundup 10-22-17

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I think Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls was the first GBA game I ever bought.

another great game. gba is my favourite handheld of all time.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
gba is my favourite handheld of all time.

I'm totally with you. It was exactly what I was looking for at a time when I was really missing the 16-bit gaming era. Lots of great games in the library, too - still finding games to play.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I agree that FFI is rad, but FFII is pretty bad, due to the ridiculous methodology for building up character stats and making spells stronger--the developers' hearts were in the right place, but the end result was terrible. As I've said in the past, there's something very wrong when the best way to make your party stronger is to kick each others' asses instead of the monsters you're fighting. I could see FFII becoming fun if that progression system was modified to make it work better, but as-is, it was a horrible chore to work my way through FFII, something that I will never do again, while, on the other hand, I have happily completed FF1 multiple times.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
another great game. gba is my favourite handheld of all time.

YES! I remember getting this when it came out. It was streamlined, easy, and the graphics were rad. Love it still. I think it hit the perfect pacing for a handheld RPG. Since then I think Final Fantasy III DS came close, but nothing really hit that simple fun JRPG forumula. Maybe I'm forgetting some games.