Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
All 98 units of Kraut Buster AES CE are sold out after 1 hour. Thanks for the quick support! The "normal" AES version follows in 2-3 month.
and what was the price ? It should be slightly higher than the "normal" release

undamned

Pleasure Goal
If you still think it's just a clone, just think of it as an un-official sequel. But with completely new engine, completely new graphics,completely new music, completely new stages, completely new enemies and completely new game play.
I think that's the most viable perspective for this project. There's no divorcing this game from Metal Slug, so rather than say "oh, no guys, this isn't Metal Slug," embrace it but make it special in your own way. The new video shows it's going in a nice direction, but be careful with statements like "completely new game play." Though you've built everything from the ground up, you've re-created gameplay that is still 90% Metal Slug.
-ud

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
All this LE/CE bullshit is making me loose interest faster than Amiibo's did :shame:

kokobill

n00b
Is the mvs gamecenter kit limited too ? Or I can wait and place an order in a month or two ?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Is the mvs gamecenter kit limited too ? Or I can wait and place an order in a month or two ?

It says they'll be accepting pre-orders on it until the end of 2015. I'll probably wait a little while longer to place my pre-order, too.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I don't get how the hell you are supposed to grab a copy of the LE if they are this few for preorder? If this one sold out in a hour imagine how quick the cheaper one will. Not everybody can just be sitting around waiting for it to be up and pull the trigger arrgh.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Looks way better than the first video. Big props to NG Dev for listening to the community and making this game a better release.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For the masks they should do it as a pick up that the character holds and then activates when they want to like in Sengoku. Use button D to bring up what masks you have then A to select and activate.

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Who is able to pre-order within that 1 hour?
I believe their strategy is quute successful.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
WTF? I didn't even had a chance to look at those items and it's already gone. I guess I'll have to follow their FB page and stay with my smartphone as soon as they are about to open pre-orders.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I am a bit annoyed that they demo'd it using one musicians work - using good PCM, then switched to FM music (in latest demo) from a different musician, after they took the money.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Release it for DC, let's play it and then see if it's worth the MVS tag price. Spending money blindfolded is for fanboys that don't play their games.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
What pisses me off the most, is that they went from having good music from Rafael Dyll, to this piss poor shit found on the new video, which sounds worse than anything else on the Neo-Geo, completely worse than even Bang Bead.

PLUS they ALWAYS seem to release the CE AES versions when I have no chance to get the fucker! With Razion CE AES I was on a plane ride coming home for 18 hours from CEbU when they decided to spring that release on us, so by the time I landed it was sold the fuck out. This time around, I was in bed asleep again, because the wife is asking me to "Stop staring at the computer screen, it will be there when you wake up", and so again during my sleeping hours they sell the fuck out! God damn this team for not implementing a system that can at least reserve ONE COPY for those of us that bought their shit over and over in the past. I mean they DO KNOW this game will sell out fast, so instead of selling it to the fucking guys that PLAY IT, they are selling MULTIPLE COPIES to the fucking flippers that want 10 of it just to flip on ebay for 3x the price in 4 years! God damn that pisses me off! All I wanted was ONE COPY on AES CE to own and once again, I will have to pay $1,200 for it from someone that was lucky enough to order 10 copies of the game in that 1 hour release!

They NEED to make it ONE COPY PER CUSTOMER, and make it for only those of us that have bought all the rest of their god damn releases, this way at LEAST those of us that are devoted fans that buy all their games have some kind of chance to get in on the game for at least ONE COPY! Grrrr!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It is pretty stupid if this sold out in 1hr... I mean, why not take all preorders within a say 7 day period, that way fans have a chance to own it. They are not exactly maximizing profit if the demand exists for 200 CE's and 200 LE's. Otherwise, yes, pretty sure its a bunch of flippers, except for maybe the 8 copies that Eightman got to put in his treasure trove.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It is pretty stupid if this sold out in 1hr... I mean, why not take all preorders within a say 7 day period, that way fans have a chance to own it. They are not exactly maximizing profit if the demand exists for 200 CE's and 200 LE's. Otherwise, yes, pretty sure its a bunch of flippers, except for maybe the 8 copies that Eightman got to put in his treasure trove.

100% with you. I would have bought it just for the sake of investment because that's what this bullshit was about - if the prices go nuts in years to come it will only create greater buzz for the company. this is them, 'in the zone'. they can pilfer this off to collectors and nostalgia junkies, don't have to compete with other companies. good pr. they own this motherfucker.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
I agree the music needs a ton of work but its early. Eating people on the bear would great as well!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

Only the Collector's Edition sold out in an hour. More home carts are going to be available in a few months. I know a huge component of these releases are the collector aspect of it, but... It's not like the standard edition is going to plummet in value like a stone or something. You can save a few Euro to get the same game minus some extras. Your life will go on. Trust me.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Only the Collector's Edition sold out in an hour. More home carts are going to be available in a few months. I know a huge component of these releases are the collector aspect of it, but... It's not like the standard edition is going to plummet in value like a stone or something. You can save a few Euro to get the same game minus some extras. Your life will go on. Trust me.

I'm not into AES personally. Just seems like they could raise more funds by selling more copies of the Collector's Edition. I understand the need to keep it limited, but why not limit to 200 copies instead of 100. Obviously their games are more popular now than in the past. They are forgoing 50,000 euro easily. That's gotta be one staff members salary.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
So they added a very stupid mask gimmick...

...yeah, totally not a MS clone now....

This looks fucking horrible and boring as one of those Flash Metal Slug knock-offs. I'd be debating to buy this even with a DC release price tag.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd do it for a DC price tag, if it sucks I'll sell it for a little less like all used prices should be and be done with it, no harm done.

Dude, it doesn't really look that awful, I think there are some improvements, hard to say until it gets played though, fucking secrecy from hell. Beta test? DC release? WTF?! Stop milking the fanboys, poor kids will buy any turd with a Neo slapped on it.