Any Baseball fans on this forum?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn! What a game by Verlander. Yankees can't get anything going. If they keep it up, it's going to be a quick series.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Damn! What a game by Verlander. Yankees can't get anything going. If they keep it up, it's going to be a quick series.

You mean if they keep losing it'll be a quick series? Brilliant commentary! Sports talk is awesome!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Name any kind of commentary that IS insightful. I always thought commentary is there for idiots who need help understanding what is going on. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ Insightful is not what I call Heenan/Monsoon. Hilarious and entertaining is more like it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...Cubs join the Indians...down and out.

Living in the heart of Cubs territory, I was expecting more grumpy people this morning, but it didn't really happen. Most are exhausted towards post season baseball. Three years of deep post play gets to wear one down. Dodgers deserve to go, they completely earned it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Living in the heart of Cubs territory, I was expecting more grumpy people this morning, but it didn't really happen. Most are exhausted towards post season baseball. Three years of deep post play gets to wear one down. Dodgers deserve to go, they completely earned it.

You live in central Illinois you fuckin' fagit. That's not the heart of Cubs territory.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

Honestly I'm just happy they won the 1st series. The Cubs got their butts kicked against the better teams all throughout the regular season I wasn't expecting much. Either way I'll look fondly over this season like I do every time they make the post season.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
National League Championship:
Los Angeles defeats Chicago 4-1

American League Championship:
Houston defeats New York 4-3

Tue. Oct. 24: World Series Game 1, Houston at Dodgers, 8 p.m. Fox
Wed. Oct. 25: World Series Game 2, Houston at Dodgers, 8 p.m. Fox
Thu. Oct. 26: Travel day
Fri. Oct. 27: World Series Game 3, Dodgers at Houston, 8 p.m. Fox
Sat. Oct. 28: World Series Game 4, Dodgers at Houston, 8 p.m. Fox
Sun. Oct. 29: World Series Game 5*, Dodgers at Houston, 8 p.m. Fox
Mon. Oct. 30: Travel day
Tue. Oct. 31: World Series Game 6*, Houston at Dodgers, 8 p.m. Fox
Wed. Nov. 1: World Series Game 7*, Houston at Dodgers, 8 p.m. Fox

*- if necessary

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Good Stuff from the Astros. They are unstoppable at home. Turned off the TV after the 5th inning lol.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
For me, as a Cubs fan, I can't be upset about how this year's playoffs went down.

They've made it to the NLCS three years in a row.

They won the World Series last year.

It's difficult to repeat as champs in Major League Baseball.

Given their historic collapses and habitual losing, I'm just thankful for everything I've seen out of them in the past few years.

Also, the Dodgers were just the better team. No timely hitting from the heart of the Cubs lineup combined with lights out pitching from an incredible Dodgers rotation and bullpen and you basically have a formula for disaster if you're a Cubs fan and glory if you're a Dodgers fan.

That said, I'm rooting for Houston this year. To my knowledge, they've never won it and I'd like to see them get one.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'm rooting for Houston too. NNNot because LA beat the Cubs, but the fans in Houston have really been dragged through the mud since '05. Either way I hope for a good series.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
That said, I'm rooting for Houston this year. To my knowledge, they've never won it and I'd like to see them get one.

They have not. In fact, their only appearance was a sound drubbing (and sweep) from the White Sox. But it's been a long time coming for Houston to return (dismantling and rebuilding-wise since then).

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Let's go Dodgers!!

Can't afford a ticket, as the cheapest seats are over $1000.

I'll be listening on an old tube radio (how I heard them growing up), and atching them win on my flat screen : ) All the while eating Carne asada, pollo asado, and drinking some beer!!

Think this is their year!! Let's go DODGERS!!

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Would've picked the Dodgers to win the World Series...if they went up against the Yankees.

Since it's Houston, I'll naturally root for them ;)

geise

Mickey's Coach
I love my Indians but even before the post season I was watching what Houston and the Dodgers were doing. I said to myself "It's going to be Houston and LA". Also as much as I dislike the Yankees they deserve a lot of credit for how far they came coming in as a wild card team. I thought Houston was going to sweep them. Next thing I know it was game 7.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I love my Indians but even before the post season I was watching what Houston and the Dodgers were doing. I said to myself "It's going to be Houston and LA". Also as much as I dislike the Yankees they deserve a lot of credit for how far they came coming in as a wild card team. I thought Houston was going to sweep them. Next thing I know it was game 7.

I think most Yankee fans at first weren't expecting them to get past Cleavland. I believe had the Yankees had home field advantage, they would have been in the World Series.

That being said, I have nothing against L.A but I'm rooting for the Astros.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Aren't you in L.A.? Angel fan? Astros fan?
No love for Los Doyers?
Not from this Diamondback :tickled:

Will admit the Dodgers are having one hell of a season and really wouldn't be surprised if they took it all. Then I can tell people "at least the D-backs were swept out of the playoffs by the team that won the World Series!" ;)

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Not from this Diamondback :tickled:

Will admit the Dodgers are having one hell of a season and really wouldn't be surprised if they took it all. Then I can tell people "at least the D-backs were swept out of the playoffs by the team that won the World Series!" ;)

Cool, hope you get to tell people those exact words.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
In case any neutrals want something interesting to focus on for this series, here's SI's explanation on why in 2014, they chose the Astros to win the World Series in 2017.

(giant image of the SI cover, but enough to read the date)
Spoiler:
10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg