China doing consolized MVS

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Noobs liked the Analogue too until the shit started falling apart.

I'm still amazed people dropped money on that turd. This Chinaman special is overpriced IMO, but still far cheaper than the Analogue was.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Noobs, Yakumo was making videos before YouTube existed. The guy knows his shit more than half the people on here. But he's a console guy, not an arcade guy.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Noobs, Yakumo was making videos before YouTube existed. The guy knows his shit more than half the people on here. But he's a console guy, not an arcade guy.

That same Yakumo who thinks Koreans just throw everything they buy into the garbage?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gross. I like the frosted plastic much better.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nothing like homemade electronics in a metal enclosure. He's already proven he doesn't know what he's doing with the first build...lol Whoever buys that, cover your nuts.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
yoT-qr.gif

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Nothing like homemade electronics in a metal enclosure. He's already proven he doesn't know what he's doing with the first build...lol Whoever buys that, cover your nuts.

Bummer, so I'm guessing there's no Ultimate edition all metal JNX CMVS coming down the pipeline.. :keke::keke:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Maybe, but he's an asshole regardless.

A friend happened to release a video before him and yak lost it, claiming all sorts of made up shit.

I thought he was okay, egotistical, but okay before his reaction . His comments and deletion of other people's comments just left a very poor impression.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wait, are people defending this knob in the YouTube video? World class soldering skills like those need to be appreciated.

Max_Power

n00b
I hate to admit, but I fell for it. Years ago I purchased a NeoGeo AES and being a new dad I just cannot justify spending 500 or 1000 on a NeoGeo AES Games now.

Anyway, the consolized NeoGeo MVS from AliExpress cost me 300 CDN and 85 in shipping (Close to 391) with fluctuating CDN dollars and on top I had to pay 23 dollars in duty charges. I left a note for them to mark the value to 100 CDN for the device so it is not held up at customs.

The console worked flawlessly for a 3 weeks and then I started to get "Backup Ram Error". There was an option to use it in AES mode.

I contacted the seller "Marco Chen" replied with Press B to use it as an AES mode ... I told him I sort of paid 4 times the price of a Neo Geo MV 1C to use the device as an arcade unit...

He stopped replying to me. To his credit there is Stereo mod but I am left with a dud. I purchased a mint MV1C board and swapped it out. Pretty disappointed overall.

I am using the unit as a Super Gun and modded the SCART Cable with a 220 uf Cap and a 470 Ohm resistor on the SYNC line... thank to a fellow "Neo Alec"

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One that you make yourself.

Agreed. There’s lots of benefits to making your own. Helps to understand how everything works to fix problems when they arise rather than shipping it back and forth for repairs. Plus the flair of personal style of each unit is what I love most.

Hello guys. New here. So I took the bait and ordered one of these cboxs from Timeharvest. I also bought 2 of the new wireless Saturn controllers from Retrobit to use with the system. The console powers the receiver dongle and the controller appears to connect but they won’t do anything in game. No action at all. Just curious what to do? Is there an initial setup setup I’m missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
edit: nevermind I'm retarded, posted before seeing the price tags on those crappy pre-consolized units. Fuck that.

Last edited: