Scene in Beijing arcade, 2016

kaironman

n00b
Sorry, but I'm new here and I can't see attachments...

Is there a requisite? (post numbers, antiquity...)

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
I chuckled when I saw all of those KoF '97 cabs, the Chinese really do love their '97. Reminded me of

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Except for this right.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7EPzE-R8s

I think 97 > 98. The evolution of presentation and storytelling (OROCHI SAGA's Finale) make it timeless in my memory at least.

97 is my personal favourite. but i would say 98 is the better game out of the two. the presentation, graphics, roster, backgrounds and soundtrack are better in 98. and throw in the ex characters, makes 98 the better game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's cool that Asia has some real arcades still. I went to CTF a few months ago, discovering by chance that it reopened, but the cabs there are all stuff I don't play. No neo cabs.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Nice to see some large arcades in China are still around. We still have a small mall arcade here, but it doesn't have anything too special. Used to have a local theater with arcade games on the lobby floor, lots of them including some classics, plenty of Sega games of 80's and 90's era. But they tore it down recently and replaced with a non-arcade version.

The best was the arcade literally three blocks away from me that was there since I was a kid right up until relatively recent times. It was just a small dark space with a ratty carpet, but damn if they didn't have all the latest stuff every year, it was like watching arcade tech history go by. All gone now. Oh well.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
who the fuck takes pics in an arcade anyway? can you guys imagine how fucking lame I felt doing that, all the while thinking 'whoa can't wait to share this with my ng.com bros'? fucking gay

Yes, one summer I decided to take pics of arcade games around my area for a new "in the wild sightings" type list that was being done for the state. So I go to a place just to see if they have games. I think worse than taking pics of arcade games is going into a place and they don't allow cameras. Or the time I went into a pizza place just to play the SoulCalibur.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Yes, one summer I decided to take pics of arcade games around my area for a new "in the wild sightings" type list that was being done for the state. So I go to a place just to see if they have games. I think worse than taking pics of arcade games is going into a place and they don't allow cameras. Or the time I went into a pizza place just to play the SoulCalibur.

Ah, the pizza place visit, I know it well. One of our local places had a Primal Rage that I would sometimes visit... without getting any pizza. Gotta enjoy games in the wild where you find them sometimes. For some reason, I just like seeing them in their original use as quarter munchers.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
There are still arcades here but you wont find a candy, maybe a vewlix with SF4 or T6. Mostly racing, shooting and ticket machines nowadays.

Now 10-15 years ago there were candies in every arcade, KOF, CVS/2 etc and a much wider range of shooter,racing titles.

Come back...:crying:

Last edited:

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
I want to bang on those arcade drums, that looks fun. You have any videos with audio?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
This makes me nostalgic, as bad as that is these days, but there was an arcade up the street from me when I was kid.

I would take my allowance run up there and blow it all. Always start with simpsons arcade game beat it then go play the newest best thing there. Lots of Mortal Kombat and especially Killer Instinct with a toooon of Hydro Thunder.

I miss my arcade....

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
lol, I just remembered playing Hydro Thunder as a kid in a Center Parks in the Netherlands (Het Heijderbos‎?)... good times.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
lol, I just remembered playing Hydro Thunder as a kid in a Center Parks in the Netherlands (Het Heijderbos‎?)... good times.

It was always the last game my buddy and I played before we left the arcade. I think I won only once after all that time...