PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
No noise on my 51 inch Samsung plasma thruough an OSSC. I tryed out Bonk and Valis 2, no noise at all. It did take a second to sync when I powered on but work fine from there. I did manage to notice the hum while playing Sapphire, but I had to really try. I already had a Turbo Everdrive, but I'm really happy to add CD support and RGB to my Core 2. I'm a very pleased customer.

What sort of cable did you use? I have no issues with CSYNC, but composite video as sync has some video noise.

Last edited:

Dacider

n00b
Hi All

Mine arrived today and I've had a great time playing some of my classic PC-engine games. When I play real HuCards or HuCard ROM images its is 100% perfect. However when I play CD-Rom/Super CD-Rom/Arcade CD-ROM games I get a buzzing when the virtual drive is accessing and the green LED is on. as soon as the access stops it's perfect just like the HuCards/HuCard ROMs.

I'm not sure if there is a newer firmware which may fix this. I have tried going to: http://www.neosdstore.com/downloads/login however, it says my serial is not valid. Any feedback from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Other than CD-ROM issues I am loving it :D

PS I am using a Packapunch cable so I know it's not that.

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi All

Mine arrived today and I've had a great time playing some of my classic PC-engine games. When I play real HuCards or HuCard ROM images its is 100% perfect. However when I play CD-Rom/Super CD-Rom/Arcade CD-ROM games I get a buzzing when the virtual drive is accessing and the green LED is on. as soon as the access stops it's perfect just like the HuCards/HuCard ROMs.

I'm not sure if there is a newer firmware which may fix this. I have tried going to: http://www.neosdstore.com/downloads/login however, it says my serial is not valid. Any feedback from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Other than CD-ROM issues I am loving it :D

PS I am using a Packapunch cable so I know it's not that.

You are not alone in this experience; I have almost the exact same issues. The audio issue is one that TerraOnion is aware of and are proposing a fix.

The firmware downloads aren't yet available; TO is building their own site with more support options. You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)

And do you think it will be any different on the Terraonion website?

The incessant asking of the same questions?
...WHERE IS MY SHIT!
...WHEN CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!
...WHERE ARE TEH ROMZ!

The Incessant Not reading of posts?
The incessant whiny little fucks like you...

How long do YOU think the Admins there will start to get pissed off with people like you?

Wanna see how it works here? NEXT time you post... make sure you don't grab my attention... there is a LOGOUT button TOP RIGHT if you dont like shit around here...

Dacider

n00b
You are not alone in this experience; I have almost the exact same issues. The audio issue is one that TerraOnion is aware of and are proposing a fix.

The firmware downloads aren't yet available; TO is building their own site with more support options. You won't have to go to NG to get your tech support :)
Hi SavagePencil

Many thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on the terraonion website for firmware updates going forward. Good to know I'm not alone here with this issue.

Sincerely
Dacider

Dacider

n00b
And do you think it will be any different on the Terraonion website?

The incessant asking of the same questions?
...WHERE IS MY SHIT!
...WHEN CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!
...WHERE ARE TEH ROMZ!

The Incessant Not reading of posts?
The incessant whiny little fucks like you...

How long do YOU think the Admins there will start to get pissed off with people like you?

Wanna see how it works here? NEXT time you post... make sure you don't grab my attention... there is a LOGOUT button TOP RIGHT if you dont like shit around here...

Rot,

Duly noted - the angry bear has been woken. This whiny fuck will tiptoe back to post 1 and get up to speed so I don't upset the hornets nest going forward.

Sincerely
Dacider

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey guys.

I ordered my SD3 two weeks ago. I thought I’d have a shipping notification by now. I mean, I’ve paid for it in full already, so...

Also, anyone know where I can get some sweet ROMs for this thing?

I’ll ask again this afternoon if I’ve heard nothing. Kthx

fernan1234

War Room Troll
God forbid people expect an item to be processed in a reasonable time when there's no current indication at all on the item listing that there's a wait list or that you are actually paying for a pre-order, and the listing only links to a forum post where the last update on shipping information available goes back to December 2017.

People must be nuts.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I've had my PSIO for over a year. You're better off having waited. It's going to be a great device eventually.

Agreed...got in on beta rounds and I have yet to update my device because it's exhausting to keep up with. I appreciate a solution at least exists, but the user friendliness has a ways to go on it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
God forbid people expect an item to be processed in a reasonable time when there's no current indication at all on the item listing that there's a wait list or that you are actually paying for a pre-order, and the listing only links to a forum post where the last update on shipping information available goes back to December 2017.

People must be nuts.

Did you not learn ANYTHING since you've been logging your ass in here?

The Terraonion team have earnt the RIGHT to some leeway in respect to their projects...

They are working FLAT out on numerous things and will eventually post when they want too...

Here's how I read your post... "Z'OMG... I ordered something... looks like a scam... I want more info.... and a right to complain"...

I spoke to the Ng.dev team a while back and this is one of the main reasons they stopped posting on Forums... whiny... self indulged fooks like you...

SURE... i undertand that you may have spent some cash... BUT unless The Terraonion team have a proven track record of scamming... I'd suggest some fuckin' patience...

People must be nuts.

Prob should have read more than the first post in the thread BEFORE ordering. When there's 80+ pages of posts it's really not fair to say, oh the first post was from December and talked about shipping, not bother to read through later posts, and cry foul. If you had, you'd have gotten a fairly good idea of shipping time.

fernan1234

War Room Troll
Did you not learn ANYTHING since you've been logging your ass in here?

The Terraonion team have earnt the RIGHT to some leeway in respect to their projects...

They are working FLAT out on numerous things and will eventually post when they want too...

Here's how I read your post... "Z'OMG... I ordered something... looks like a scam... I want more info.... and a right to complain"...

I spoke to the Ng.dev team a while back and this is one of the main reasons they stopped posting on Forums... whiny... self indulged fooks like you...

SURE... i undertand that you may have spent some cash... BUT unless The Terraonion team have a proven track record of scamming... I'd suggest some fuckin' patience...

If that is how you interpreted my posts then I'm afraid there is no nice and polite way to describe how well your mind works. If you can find a single post of mine where I even remotely suggested that Terraonion is even partly a scam I will Paypal you the price of another SSDS3 and promptly request a ban.

Honestly, you helpful gentleman, I understand that you have been frustrated with a lot of people that came here to complain beyond reason, but don't attribute that kind of attitude to everyone who comes here looking for information. My first posts were simply asking for info, and my last post was a reaction to people mocking people who simply wonder what the current shipping situation may be. Notice that I don't generalize here: there are tons of actually useful posters in this forum and I'm glad they're around.

I will still insist on my simple point: it is reasonable for people to not expect long shipping wait times when they go to a product's store and buy the product marked as in stock, with no indication or warning on the listing about queues or pre-orders (and yes, there is a link to this thread, and if you read through a lot of pages you may find an indication that there are still delays four months after the first post states that they would be caught up soon--not to mention that for a buyer to get access to this forum takes a couple of days, by which point they may have made a purchase already). This is not a complain so don't interpret it that way with your exceptional reading comprehensions. It's just an observation. By comparison, when you go to the PSIO store and buy their product you see a clear statement that you are buying a pre-order. Again, not a complaint or a suggestion that the PSIO team is great or anything, just observing something that should be commonsensical about information on product pages.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Prob should have read more than the first post in the thread BEFORE ordering. When there's 80+ pages of posts it's really not fair to say, oh the first post was from December and talked about shipping, not bother to read through later posts, and cry foul. If you had, you'd have gotten a fairly good idea of shipping time.

Your username is amazing.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If that is how you interpreted my posts then I'm afraid there is no nice and polite way to describe how well your mind works. If you can find a single post of mine where I even remotely suggested that Terraonion is even partly a scam I will Paypal you the price of another SSDS3 and promptly request a ban.

Honestly, you helpful gentleman, I understand that you have been frustrated with a lot of people that came here to complain beyond reason, but don't attribute that kind of attitude to everyone who comes here looking for information. My first posts were simply asking for info, and my last post was a reaction to people mocking people who simply wonder what the current shipping situation may be. Notice that I don't generalize here: there are tons of actually useful posters in this forum and I'm glad they're around.

I will still insist on my simple point: it is reasonable for people to not expect long shipping wait times when they go to a product's store and buy the product marked as in stock, with no indication or warning on the listing about queues or pre-orders (and yes, there is a link to this thread, and if you read through a lot of pages you may find an indication that there are still delays four months after the first post states that they would be caught up soon--not to mention that for a buyer to get access to this forum takes a couple of days, by which point they may have made a purchase already). This is not a complain so don't interpret it that way with your exceptional reading comprehensions. It's just an observation. By comparison, when you go to the PSIO store and buy their product you see a clear statement that you are buying a pre-order. Again, not a complaint or a suggestion that the PSIO team is great or anything, just observing something that should be commonsensical about information on product pages.

My post is an ANALOGY of how the forum has been seeing these type posts...

The general concensus is most of you fooks are worthless and only came here for info... and not even bothered to read stuff... or involve yourself in the forums..

The Forum is NOT concerned about how you feel... or why you joined... or who you jack off in public toilets...

WE are concerned with the incessant posts that i mentioned before...

Now... NEXT time you write a TL;DR post... make sure the guy reading it gives a fuck...

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

'fernan' ?

I imagine you look like this

1.png

Last edited:

fernan1234

War Room Troll
My post is an ANALOGY of how the forum has been seeing these type posts...

The general concensus is most of you fooks are worthless and only came here for info... and not even bothered to read stuff... or involve yourself in the forums..

The Forum is NOT concerned about how you feel... or why you joined... or who you jack off in public toilets...

WE are concerned with the incessant posts that i mentioned before...

Now... NEXT time you write a TL;DR post... make sure the guy reading it gives a fuck...

xROTx

So if this place is not meant to be a source of information then what is it good for? I keep being impressed with how extraordinary your thinking skills seem to be. Something's rot up there for sure.

Anyway, will stick around for the useful posts while just skipping over the nutty folks who complain about non-existent complaining.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So if this place is not meant to be a source of information then what is it good for? I keep being impressed with how extraordinary your thinking skills seem to be. Something's rot up there for sure.

Anyway, will stick around for the useful posts while just skipping over the nutty folks who complain about non-existent complaining.

This is a PRIVATE site... with it's own culture...

Hence... this is why you are getting the attention you are...

This is NOT a Democracy but it isn't a Tyrannical state either....

To be honest... we've been here for close to 2 decades... and we've seen entitled fucks like you question us all the time...

Nothing I aint seen before or won't see again... you stick around or you don't but don't for a fuckin' second believe you are going to change Ng.com with your whiny ass posts...

fernan1234

War Room Troll
That's just nuts dude. You can stop posting at me now though. Even though I just joined the site I can tell happily that you don't really represent the "culture" of this site, no matter how long you've been around. It does look like most users are good and there's only a small pack of crazy dogs who like to bark at ghosts.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's just nuts dude. You can stop posting at me now though. Even though I just joined the site I can tell happily that you don't really represent the "culture" of this site, no matter how long you've been around. It does look like most users are good and there's only a small pack of crazy dogs who like to bark at ghosts.

You'll last long here, I can tell...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Sure... as per request...

I would say you'll be able see my reply but it aint gonna happen...

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict

Yo, fernan: https://forums.terraonion.com/

This'll get you out of Rot's hair, and we can see if there's new firmware.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yo, fernan: https://forums.terraonion.com/

This'll get you out of Rot's hair, and we can see if there's new firmware.

He can't see this forum anymore...

He asked to have his posting stopped... and so 10 seconds after he posted it...

I War room locked him... and you can't see this forum from the War room...

You wanna be a bitch on the forums... don't expect me to be happy...

xROTx

PS. 10 seconds for a War room Lock.. that's correct... that's 7 seconds longer than most our love lives...